Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Ex-Redskin will have a Pro Bowl Year?

I don't know if their will be room on a Pro Bowl squad for Coles, but I think he'll do well in NY. I angry at him for wanting to leave but I believed in him as a Redskin so I can't say I don't believe in him as a Jet.

We all sat here every week and win or lose- we adored him for playing tough when hurt and hailed him a "true" Redskin. He turned on us, but he's still a tough, no-nonsense football player.

Twice a traitor off the field, but always hard-nosed and giving an effort.

Pierce waited a long time for his starting spot, he made the most of it, saw the money and took it. I can't "blame" Pierce.

Smoot just plain makes me sick to my stomach right now. I know he'll get burned to a crisp by Green Bay's WRs.

I voted Coles because I think he'll DESERVE a Pro Bowl nod, but he probably won't get it.

I think all of them have a good chance, Coles probibly has the best chance.

Here is the question though, who on OWN roster has a better chance of going?

I say

Griffin

LaVar

Taylor

Portis and maybe Springs (Think Smoot has a better chance though) are our most likely candidites, and if our iffence explodes, I'd guess that a lot of the O lineman have a good shot. I doubt any of our WR will make it. For QB, you have to been known and have quality seasons behind you to make it.

That doesn't matter though, cause you don't need any probowlers to win a superbowl.

I voted Pierce, but now realized how that may not work, the guys smart, but I think he fits our system better. Obviously he didnt get to start a full season before, but he has gotten to play at different times earlier.

Smoot probably based on reputation, and the fact that he left the redskins now.

A better question, who on our team would make it, Corny, Springs, Taylor, Lavar, Ramsey (yes, i call breakout year now), Portis, Moss (why not, Ramsey to Moss, TOUCHDOWN!!!! repeat about 10 times), and lets throw in Samuels and Jansen for good measure. That'd be 9 pro bowlers, an awesome way to finish a season!!!

Originally posted by LightenupSandyBaby

I was thinking about adding that option...but it always seems like some Ex-Skin always does better when they leave. Trotter case and point.

Trotter's not a very good example, though, cuz it could be viewed not as he did better when he left, but that he did worse when he arrived...that he would have done worse no matter where he played besides the Eagles. If Trotter went to KC and blew things up, then you'd have more of a point. But if, say, Pierce does lousy in New York, then two years later comes back to the Skins (and Williams' scheme) and makes the pro bowl, would it be a sign that the Giants let go of a player they shouldn't have, or is it more of a sign that Pierce is his best when playing in a specific scheme?

Besides, Trotter to me was never a Redskin...he was always an Eagle. He didn't play here long enough to shed that perception in my eyes...takes more than wearing the uniform to be a Redskin.

Archived