Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP:After Trade Fails, Coles's Release Appears More Likely

mhd24

So, according to this article, we were willing to eat the $5M bonus, just so we could get a guy who's only got one year left on his contract.

And Coles vetoed the deal, because he's not willing to play out his existing contract, he wants another signing bonus? (Even though he hasn't even got all of his previous one, yet?)

Am I the only one who thinks that what Coles wants is a "contract extention" to, say, 10 years, where he'll get abother $5M on top if the $12 he's already got, and then he can pull a Deion?

-------------------

Possible counter-offer to the Jets:

If this article was wrong, and the plan was for the Jets to take over the $5M, (and Coles could veto that), then he's another way the deal could work, without Coles' consent:

Work out a contract extention for Moss that the Skins like, but have the Jets sign it. Then the Jets trade Moss (and his shiny new contract) to the Skins for Coles. The Skins eat Coles bonus, the Jets eat Moss' (which just happens, coincidentally, work out to the same money). Net result: Same money as if the Jets ate Coles' bonus, but now Coles doesn't have to agree to it. (Moss does).

Just a thought.

Originally posted by thinker

The title is so misleading - it's more WP Dumyo bs.

Just FYI, reporters don't write headlines for their own articles. It's up to the layout editors to come up with a catchy & concise headline for each story.

So in summary, don't blame Nunyo.

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

Close.

Jbooma = Nunyo = Brunell.

Henceforth, to be refered to as The Trinity of :doh:

:D

Now that is Fed up :laugh:

At least I can throw longer then Mark though :doh:

I do love how some of you seem so happy that we are getting a CB coming off a knee injury and letting a younger, healthier one just leave. Go Skins!!!!!!!! :(

Tomorrow should be very interesting though.

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

Close.

Jbooma = Nunyo = Brunell.

Henceforth, to be refered to as The Trinity of :doh:

:D

:laugh:

Quite a courageous one-two-three punch.

Originally posted by jbooma

Now that is Fed up :laugh:

At least I can throw longer then Mark though :doh:

:laugh: I hope my sister can throw longer than Mark too!

Archived