Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ExtremeRavens.com

MrSilverMaC

Except for the name, it is all different. Almost every Massage Board is the same with the important links on top. And also they are not the same boards, they use IPB v.2.0 while we use vBulletin, both have the ability to be very nice looking forums if you have the skill. I find nothing wrong with them using the name, it's hard to think of a good and original name that isn't taken, so it is expected for some people to piggy-back. In matter of fact, I piggy-backed a name for my NJ Nets fan site, and if I get questioned I would admit it, but no shame in getting caught. And like he said, the Redskins don't own extreme.

Originally posted by bubba9497

who cares

the word is full of cheap knock offs ;)

As much as ratbird fans say they hate the Skins, you'd think it'd be a point of pride to NOT name your site after your rivals site.

I doubt you'd see dallas or philly or the midgets doing the same thing.

But it is what it is. It seems like a very young site, but they already have about the same amount of members as DCC

I guess when you think about it though, extremeravens does roll off the tongue a whole lot easier than

"Crows stolen from the great fans of Cleveland and sold to fair weather fans in the city of Baltimore who cried about losing their previous team and then hyjacked someone else's in an even more underhanded way.com"

:ravensuck

Originally posted by CrazyZeb

You may want to change your sig, it asks for a password.

Better yet someone do it for him please?

This is the 3rd or fourth thread where I get that damn pop up login deal....

Pretty annoying.

As far as that site, yeah it's your run of the mill message board site, but to use extreme - ravens is pretty weak.

There are a million other names that have to do with the Ravens that dude could have used. THink about what some Raven fan would type into google if he were looking for a message board...Or the most basic. Ravenfans.com???

Why extreme when there are so many other possibilities? Obviously because it worked for this site....

ok, no need to pile on. As someone who's done quite a few sites over the past few years, (lol@my"expert opinion") I'd thought I'd just let you all know that the theme that paticular message board uses is originally based of a vBulletin theme.

ie: the company who did the style for the Ravens board did it for vBulletin first, but then ported it over to make it compatible with Invision later on due to demand. Anyone here could purchase the same exact style for their website for about 30 bucks.

HOWEVER...

I do feel that the name was obviously inspired by extremeskins. I'm not gonna spit in their direction because of it though, a few of you guys are getting a lil too emotional over a dotcom name.

Archived