Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Have you ever cheated?

Ancalagon the Black

Originally posted by Johnny Punani

Is it cheating when you find out your gf is a lying filthy whore who cheated on you first?

LOL!

Sorry to say I cheated on a short-term girlfriend in college. My ex and I hooked back up after she showed up at my door for a booty call. Not proud of it, but 20-year old male hormones are a powerful force.

I should add that that's the only time in any relationship, and I've never cheated on any of my long term girlfriends or wife.

Nope. Nada. Never. Though never married I've had girlfriends where there has be either a flat out agreement for an exclusive relationship or at least the implication of such and that matters to me. Can't/won't do it. :) ( Didn't care too much for the times it happened to me either so...... )

I was married.........did not cheat.

I was in a long term relationship.......and he cheated. Over and over. And I still loved his butt.

Only thought seriously about cheating one time. And it REALLY went through my mind. Thankfully, he had more sense than I did and knew I was only going to cheat to get back at my bf. And he had all sorts of morals. :laugh: So, no cheating.

Being cheated on is so hurtful. No, I don't need counseling. I thought he would change one day and dump the hoochies. Instead, he dumped me!!

:laugh: His loss!!

;)

Blondie

Originally posted by Blondie

Only thought seriously about cheating one time. And it REALLY went through my mind. Thankfully, he had more sense than I did

Can I have a do-over? :)

I had a lovely girl I worked with lay a lip-lock on me at a party. Walked away from that one. A couple weeks later, I took another position at my hospital.

I'm strong, but Hercules I ain't. Best not to put yourself into situations where theres a lot of opportunity and/or temptation. Love's got nothing to do with it - I believe anyone, under the right (or I should say wrong) circumstances, can make a big mistake.

So in a word, NO. But like most men, I'm capable of it, despite loving my wife more than anything in this world.

Originally posted by redman

Well said, Tarhog.

How bad was it in the service? I hear it's rampant what with (mostly) guys away for long tours.

I think its more likely to be rampant amongst some of their spouses. Seriously.

I can't speak for all servicemen and women, but in a Marine Infantry unit, you go all over the world, and you just don't have the opportunity, unless you want to go the pay-for-play route.

You go to resort/tourist areas in Thailand or the Phillipines, and its like Sodom and Gomorrah. Its everywhere. Short of places like that which sprung up as a 'service industry' for the military, you're looking at incredibly long periods of celibacy.

I'll tell you something else - when you're separated from loved ones that much, it makes you hold them even more dearly - I came back twice from long tours overseas to find a girl I was in a serious relationship with had moved on, while I'd been faithful. Thats tough to swallow.

The 'girl in every port' thing is truly a myth for the most part.

Originally posted by Tarhog

Can I have a do-over? :)

I had a lovely girl I worked with lay a lip-lock on me at a party. Walked away from that one. A couple weeks later, I took another position at my hospital.

I'm strong, but Hercules I ain't. Best not to put yourself into situations where theres a lot of opportunity and/or temptation. Love's got nothing to do with it - I believe anyone, under the right (or I should say wrong) circumstances, can make a big mistake.

So in a word, NO. But like most men, I'm capable of it, despite loving my wife more than anything in this world.

NFL players, or for that matter, any "personality", has it thrown at them day after day. And I do mean thrown at them. Naked pictures in the mail. Women in the hotels. Over and over.

Some choose to cheat. It is so easy for some to cheat.

I do applaud you men.......and for that matter women.......who have the love and faith in their relationship not to cheat.

For some, there is not enough there to keep them faithful.

Blondie

Originally posted by Ancalagon the Black

No need to post a response if you don't want to.

By "cheating," I mean going to first base or beyond without your partner's permission when you were already in an exclusive relationship.

Are you going through something that you need to talk about ;)

I'll be truthful - I'm as big a horn-dog in my mind as any male out there. What stops me is simple....I just don't want to get up, look in the mirror, and be 'that guy'. Like I said, I've been on the 'brink' before - rough stretch in the marriage, someone actively making it known they were ready and willing - I barely hung on, and wanting to have some self-respect is the only reason.

I've got kids. Even if I DIDN'T love my wife and have a passionate relationship with her - what kind of person would I be to even take the chance that she'd find out and experience the hurt that would entail?

That, and I've learned that the reality of things are rarely what one 'envisions' them to be. I swear Spock had a great line about it in a Star Trek episode - something about the 'getting' never being quite as fulfilling as the 'wanting'.

Archived