Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFW: Moss Trade Scenarios

Monk in the Hall!

Trading Arrington adds $12M to the cap, when the media realise this perhaps we'll stop geting these stupid rumours generated.

Because Arrington was injured for most of this past season, every media writer with a keyboard is typing a trade rumour invloving him, yet not once considering the cap implications!

Originally posted by Warhead36

Randy Moss gives his football to a guy in a wheelchair after he scores a TD. I think thats about all the character we'll need.

Yeah the "I play when I want to play" thing was lame but if you do remember Moss went on an interview and explained that and it was, once again, the media twisting his words around.

I'd take Moss if the cap hit wasn't substantial for Smoot plus our 1st round pick. We're losing Smoot anyway and I doubt our 1st pick will be anywhere near as good as Moss is.

You make a great point. I remember either reading an article or seeing a segment on ESPN where they showed how charitable Moss is. He's supposedly a really good guy when it comes to stuff like that.

Basically, he's ****y, and he's kinda crazy. So was Riggins. So was Manley. Like those two, and arguably even moreso, Moss has all-world talent. We can't pass him up if the price is relatively reasonable.

why do we want moss? yea he is the disputed best WR in the game but do we not know who this is???? hes RANDY "I'm a dick" MOSS!!!! his contract would be mindboggling and why would we trade one of our "core" skins????? imagine our defense WITH Arrington! amazing! lets worry about reciever in the draft and leave moss and his antics for someone else to deal with!

Originally posted by Chopper Dave

You make a great point. I remember either reading an article or seeing a segment on ESPN where they showed how charitable Moss is. He's supposedly a really good guy when it comes to stuff like that.

Basically, he's ****y, and he's kinda crazy. So was Riggins. So was Manley. Like those two, and arguably even moreso, Moss has all-world talent. We can't pass him up if the price is relatively reasonable.

Woody Paige on ATH the other day mentioned all the charity work & money Moss gives quietly, that most people don't know about.

My first reaction is "NO! We don't need a guy that is not team oriented on this team." But I would like to see Moss ONLY if one thing could be determined: that Gibbs feels that he can transform Moss from a baby to a productive, mature adult. Everything Moss does isn't stupid, just a lot of it, and he chooses to do the stupid stuff at the wrong time. It's like he has a brain fart. But if Gibbs thinks he can make him into a man--and if anyone could it would be Gibbs--then he'd make a great Redskin.

Outside of the cap hit, who remembers the BURNING FLAMES OF FIRE that I absored a month or two for even SUGGESTING that we trade Lavar? Well, maybe it's not too far fetched after all. (I like Laver, so don't take me wrong. But it's interesting that this guy saw what I saw: our D was real good w/out him.)

Everyone repeat after me...

"If there is a salary cap hell, trading Lavar would put us there"

That's pretty much where the unrealistic Randy Moss fantasies end, and reality begins. There is no way we can trade Lavar without mass trimming of the entire roster and a complete rebuild of the entire team.

Who ever even brought up the notion of a trade involving Lavar, needs to do some serious fact checking before they print this garbage... seriously, any sports writer who utters this nonsense is a complete hack.

Originally posted by bulldog

the Vikings would be looking for the Redskins #9 pick. I don't see any way this deal comes off with Washington keeping its first pick.

Arrington is untradeable and while we could deal a defensive player such as Sean Taylor that has a very good upside and fits the Vikings' needs, I don't see that happening.

Thats exactly it. This has nothing to do with Arrington.

What would have to happen is for Smoot to leave and/or tag and traded and Samuels contract redone.

This is truly the silliest rumor I've heard in years. Coach Joe would NEVER want a Moss on his team. He has said it over and over again. "Character" is the first thing he looks for in a "Redskin"; talent is not the only criteria.

Moss has no character therefore he will never be a Redskin as long as Joe is coaching. Now if Spurrier, were still here, I could see Danny pulling the trigger but not trading Arrington. As others have pointed out, the salary cap hit is far too great.

Silly, stupid rumor.......

Archived