Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFW: Moss Trade Scenarios

Monk in the Hall!

Washington Times:

"So imagine, if you will, this scenario: The Vikings send Moss to the Redskins for their No. 1 pick (ninth overall), a No. 2 (either this year or next) and LaVar Arrington (without whom the Washington defense did just fine this season, ranking third in the league).

It would be similar to the Champ Bailey-for-Clinton Portis trade. The Redskins would be swapping a Pro Bowl defensive player for a Pro Bowl offensive player — one big contract for another — and also mortgaging some of their future.

The trick would be to make the numbers work. The Redskins would be hit with a huge cap charge if they traded Arrington so early in his deal, but they could alleviate some of it by releasing Mark Brunell, their grossly overpaid backup quarterback. Fitting in Moss' salary would be less problematic. He's due to make $7.25 million next season, but the Redskins could guarantee the money and reduce his cap number to about $1.8 million."

It seems like to much to me. We do have to get some parity between the defense and the offense, but not at the price of Arrington.

I do think Gibbs can control Moss.

Moss wants the contract endorsements that come with a Super Bowl and that isn't gonna happen anytime soon in Minnesota (unless Rypien (MVP) wants to beat on the Bills at the Metrodome again).

Out of those five teams mentioned, the Redskins have to be Moss's favorite with the Jets and maybe the Ravens following a distant 2nd and 3rd (in my eyes).

Bring Moss, but don't mortgage the farm.

I just want to kick Philly and Dallas ass again.

No Super Bowl win for the Phillys

And this weeks logo:

Truthfully everybody needs to stop w/the Moss bashing, I havent heard a teamate past or present say Moss was/is a bad locker room guy, he doesnt whine about getting the ball every play, he doesnt call his teammates out when they play poorly, and he doesnt disrespect his coaches + he is a hard worker....Where's the bad character there?

Does he say and do things that are shocking sometimes? YES....Can he be immature at times?....YES....Have alot of his transgressions been overblown?....YES

As far as Moss w/the Skins it would be a good fit, he definately fills a huge need, he has alot of football left in him, and he will have something to prove when he gets here...

Why people keep saying Gibbs wouldnt want Moss is beyond me....Yes Gibbs is a christian man and he is soft spoken but Gibbs has had far flakier players than Moss and was able to work w/them....Riggins, Manley, George Rogers, Barry Wilburn, Gary Clark just to name a few....So please stop w/this illusion that Gibbs wont want Moss b/c he isnt a squeeky clean choir boy...

I say we send Smoot and McCants to Minn for Moss and a #2 next yr or this yrs #3....

I don't understand why you guys seem to disregard Lavar's trade value....Moss and him have similar signing bonuses and thus can be traded without much consequence. Lavar has proved to be an underachiever whether those obsesed with him believe it or not.

Randy Moss may not be the greatest character guy, but I will say he can make more of an impact in a team than a overrated schmuck like Lavar can. Lavar simply has failed to live up to expectations and likely never will. Some of you all fall too much into being a "fan" than a realist.

I'm happy Lavar came here, I am a proud son of a season ticket holder, have gone to Redskins games since as long as I can remember. But the simple fact is Lavar is nothing more than overhyped NFL crap.

Moss is very off the wall, no question....But he has put up numbers that he can fall back on. Anyone who is an expert (not writers or fans) will tell you Lavar is not the player projected.

My two cents from a diehard...

Snyder would do it but Gibbs would not. Enough said

G-town hit it on the head. Snyder might have sugar plums and candy canes dancing in his head regarding a trade for Moss.... but I'm quite sure Joe Gibbs sees an avenue in which the team can improve substantially that doesn't require acquiring Randy Moss.

This Lavar trade stuff is ridiculous. These mediots should be fired for their lack of knowledge to today's NFL salary cap. We just signed him to a mega deal at the end of last year.... with a huge signing bonus... and the mediots believe it's actually POSSIBLE to trade the guy? If nothing else... it just goes to show the hacks that are employed by these mediums.

Now... me personally... if the Vikes would take Gardner, Smoot, and a swap of #1 picks than I PERSONALLY would entertain the idea of trading for Moss. Of course, I wouldn't have to coach him or put up with his lack of character and team concept in the locker room.

Stop the Insanity!!! The Redskins are mentioned in trade rumors SOLELY because of our history of signing big name FAs during the Snyder era. PLEASE REMEMBER that we have Joe Gibbs as coach and president of the team now.... and he's concept of building a team is SUBSTANTIALLY different than that of Dan Snyder. End of Story... move along... nothing more to see here.

Originally posted by mit0313

I don't understand why you guys seem to disregard Lavar's trade value....Moss and him have similar signing bonuses and thus can be traded without much consequence. Lavar has proved to be an underachiever whether those obsesed with him believe it or not.

Incorrect. The concequence is that Lavar's signing bonus would accelerate and count 100% against the cap next season if he were to be traded. That's a 17 million dollar hit all on next year's cap. That figure, if he stays on the team, is spread out evenly over the life of the contract.

It's amazing to me, that people aren't taking this into consideration when discussing this stupid rumor.

The Redskins will be in Cap hell if they trade Arrington. Period.

Maybe if we were about 25 million under the cap we could do it, but we aren't the Cardinals or Vikings. We don't have that kind of space.

Originally posted by gillherb

The most logical trade from our standpoint so far is Gardner, Smoot, and next year's first rounder. I would be pretty tempted from a fan's stance to look into a trade like that.

That's about the only trade we could make for Moss realisticly.

Archived