Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

99.1 whfs = 99.1 spanish?

Aikmans Killer No.56

Originally posted by The X-Factor

I don't see it happening. How can it be a publicity stunt when you piss off all of your listeners?

In all fairness, it happened on Comedy Central once back in '98 or '99. They played "Terrance & Philip: Not Without My Anus" instead of the season premeire of South Park as a goof (it was planned as a joke by Trey & Matt). Plenty of people were none too happy about it.

Nick

Originally posted by ntotoro

I remember back in October of '03 they played "Hey Ya" by Outkast on "Hit or Hurting," ranked it "hurting" and said it wouldn't go anywhere... :laugh:

Nick

:laugh:

I remember that. I think one of them gave it a top 40, the rest gave it hurting. Later they were making fun of themselves for it, after it went on to be the biggest song of the year.

I like the Junkies because they all have different personalities. Some you like, but others you can't stand. Elliot would be a lot better if he was in a group like them. I can't stand him sometimes, other times he's ok. He definitely caters a little too much to his, umm, "southern" listeners.

Originally posted by All In

Just talked to someone who works in the local industry. They said that the Junkies will probably go back to JFK, looks like the evening slot, so I don't know what's going to happen to Ron and Fez.

They were okay, when there was nothing else to listen to I'd listen to R and F sometimes.

It'd make a lot more sense to just nix the stern replay and O'Reilly (who doesn't fit between stern and D&M at all) and put them there.

Not that corporate radio guys know anything about making sense.

Either way, whatever they do at JFK will be temporary before the next big shake up when Stern leaves.

This could be a blessing in disguise folks...

While it sucks that a Bal/DC are staple has to go, what is happening is that the stations are finding out that people actuall don't like Creed, Insync and Nickleback.

The appeal of satellite radio and availability of music on the web is forcing some HARDCORE changes in the radio biz. There have been massive shakeups here and one station is actually going to have music that targets the Charleston demographic! Ie: Jack Johnson, Karl Denson, DMB, Panic, 311, Deftones, TOol, Allmans.

We'll see how long they can keep their promise, and revanue pouring in....

Originally posted by All In

Just talked to someone who works in the local industry. They said that the Junkies will probably go back to JFK, looks like the evening slot, so I don't know what's going to happen to Ron and Fez.

They were okay, when there was nothing else to listen to I'd listen to R and F sometimes.

The Junks will take Howard Sterns spot.

Originally posted by TankRizzo

It'd make a lot more sense to just nix the stern replay and O'Reilly (who doesn't fit between stern and D&M at all) and put them there.

Not that corporate radio guys know anything about making sense.

Either way, whatever they do at JFK will be temporary before the next big shake up when Stern leaves.

I thought Ron and Fez used to be on in that slot, maybe it was replay only? I thought they fit well after the Junkies around 11pm and on.

There is that three hour window of Stern replay, Oreilly, and Best of DNM that would be perfect for a radio show.

It will be interesting what happens when Howard moves to Sirius. I'm not going to pay for satellite radio, not when I have cds and mp3.

Originally posted by ntotoro

That's four hours of repetetive hot air that, frankly, I can do without. Still, he said "local" and Mike & Mike certainly aren't local.

Nick

yes but WTEM is happy with Mike and Mike, if they go with anyone new it would be with Steve Czabans show which is now on mornings.

Originally posted by BG

While it sucks that a Bal/DC are staple has to go, what is happening is that the stations are finding out that people actuall don't like Creed, Insync and Nickleback.

Thank God for that. I'd love to get a station in DC that concentrates on Indie bands or true alternative music rather than Creed and the like.

Originally posted by jbooma

The Junks will take Howard Sterns spot.

Is that your guess or something you heard? I'm just wondering how long they'll be off the air.

I guess if JFK picks them up they'll eventually move them to day time any way. When is Howard supposed to go?

Originally posted by BG

The appeal of satellite radio and availability of music on the web is forcing some HARDCORE changes in the radio biz. There have been massive shakeups here and one station is actually going to have music that targets the Charleston demographic! Ie: Jack Johnson, Karl Denson, DMB, Panic, 311, Deftones, TOol, Allmans.

We'll see how long they can keep their promise, and revanue pouring in....

Good points BG--I just hope you're right.

I wonder how long these companies' Boards of Directors can refuse the immense influx of advertising dollars. There has to be a point at which XM and Sirius reach a critical mass of listeners such that they can afford to lose some of their audience by starting advertising programs. I don't think that point has been reached yet, but it probably isn't too far into the future.

I'm officially pissed .... I hate this decision.

I do not understand how Infinity can blindside their employees and listeners like this. And what the hell were they thinking replacing it with a Spanish station?

We have two rock stations ... 98 Rock and DC101. Both suck horribly and I refuse to listen to them.

Elliott is an @ss ... he irritates the hell out of me. I don't even have 101 programed on my radio ....

I guess that its a good thing that I have XM ... I'll be listening to that from now on.

Originally posted by CandaceM23

I'm officially pissed .... I hate this decision.

I do not understand how Infinity can blindside their employees and listeners like this. And what the hell were they thinking replacing it with a Spanish station?

We have two rock stations ... 98 Rock and DC101. Both suck horribly and I refuse to listen to them.

Elliott is an @ss ... he irritates the hell out of me. I don't even have 101 programed on my radio ....

I guess that its a good thing that I have XM ... I'll be listening to that from now on.

The problem was HFS had a terrible number and they thought this would bring more listeners.

The Junkies did not know this would happen, and curious if WJFK would let them back, don't know if they left on good terms or not.

DC 101 is having a party tonight.

Archived