Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

99.1 whfs = 99.1 spanish?

Aikmans Killer No.56

I usually listen to the Junkies in the morning, and 99.1 as well mostly cause my girlfriend is more of a 'rockera'...

but as a latino in the area, I'd like to have another choice on FM for spanish music besides La Mega, more like the Miami Station (can't remember the name of it, they played some really good music). Unfortunately El Zol doesn't seem much different, but they've only been on for a couple of hours.

Of course I don't think the new station should be at the expense of 99.1.

To bad they couldn't have taken over somewhere else on the dial.

HFS did a lot of cool stuff, but I guess they were dying off like the Washington Caps.

I'm curious too as to what is going to happen to the Junkies?

Damn, I guess no more Cold Play, Keane, U2, etc... What's the other option DC 101? I can't stand Elliot in the morning.

Just talked to someone who works in the local industry. They said that the Junkies will probably go back to JFK, looks like the evening slot, so I don't know what's going to happen to Ron and Fez.

They were okay, when there was nothing else to listen to I'd listen to R and F sometimes.

Anyway, this is a big deal. Basically the area only has DC101 for rock, which really hurts the area overall in Rock promotions, sales, etc. There's a lot she can't say right now because she's at work but will fill me in later.

I'll let you know what I here. It sucks for the area to loose HFS. Why couldn't Zol have picked one of those other sorry as stations. I guess 99.1 has a strong signal? Doesn't SBS own some other stations?

I listened to HFS when I was in High School, then they stopped playing Alternative, or at least maybe Limp Bisquick is Alternative and I'm just too dumb to realize...

I follwed the Sports Junkies from JFK to HFS and heard the show decline in quality like a stone over the last two years or so. It's not funny, it just becomes mean-spirited and they never talk about sports any longer. They just became four DJ's (too many) working on the air in AM drive and two of them sound exactly alike. The show had nothing to set it apart from others. If they're not on any longer, I won't cry any tears about it.

Nick

Originally posted by All In

Just talked to someone who works in the local industry. They said that the Junkies will probably go back to JFK, looks like the evening slot, so I don't know what's going to happen to Ron and Fez.

They were okay, when there was nothing else to listen to I'd listen to R and F sometimes.

Anyway, this is a big deal. Basically the area only has DC101 for rock, which really hurts the area overall in Rock promotions, sales, etc. There's a lot she can't say right now because she's at work but will fill me in later.

I'll let you know what I here. It sucks for the area to loose HFS. Why couldn't Zol have picked one of those other sorry as stations. I guess 99.1 has a strong signal? Doesn't SBS own some other stations?

Thats the worst part of this is now there is only one "modern rock/alt" station in town which as you says hurts promotion and sales as well as exposure.

My friend's band won a chance to be on the local stage at HFStival last year. So wierd that HFStival won't be happening anymore considering how successful that had been

HFS Gone??!! :wtf:

I remember going to an HFSFestival in the early 90's....King Missile, Violent Femmes, etc. playing at Lake Fairfax....I have been out the area for 10 years but still spend a lot of time in the Annapolis area. Another milestone in my life has passed...man I feel old.

Originally posted by Kilmer17

I'll sign it.

Havent listened to it in years (since the 80s actually).

But they were the reason I like music. Without Weasel, Damian et al, I'd probably still be playing Hall and Oates albums.

(I did get greatest hits for xmas, dont laugh).

Oh, and late night all request with Aquaman. sigh. so sad.

On another thread you say that gas boycotts by Democrats are stupid and won't solve a thing. However, you think signing this petition will make a difference? Too funny! :laugh:

Originally posted by Jackson's Ward

On another thread you say that gas boycotts by Democrats are stupid and won't solve a thing. However, you think signing this petition will make a difference? Too funny! :laugh:

That stretch must have hurt.

Archived