Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Movie Car Chase

SkinsNumberOne

Originally posted by halter91

The best chase seen ever....Gone in 60 seconds. Poor Eleanor. 1 1967 Mustang GT 500, the most gorgeous car to come off the assembly line.

Best part....you okay, yeah i'm okay, you just went through a wall.

What I would do to drive a car like that for a day.

Good call!! Eleanor is truly a beauty -- I'm thinking about getting one....

Originally posted by SILKYSMOOTH

The Transporter!!!

You just have the hots for Jason Statham.

Ronin is a sweet movie and has great car chases. I liked Bourne Supremacy a lot, but I couldn't stand the camera views and the constant camera switching for the chase at the end. I thought the Bourne Identity chase through Paris was better. It's not much of a chase, but I like the scene in Tomorrow Never Dies when he's driving around the parking garage with the remote from the back seat.

Originally posted by thito_da_skins_fan

Anytime I think of a "chase" scene, I always think of Heat -- the part when they leave the bank after robbing it.

It's not really a car chase scene, but it's the best "chase" scene I have ever watched. Great scene. One of my favorites.

I was thinking of that one too, but it isn't a car chase scene. That's one of the coolest scenes I've ever seen. Val Kilmer goes nuts in it.

Originally posted by Fatty P For The Pulitzer

I was thinking of that one too, but it isn't a car chase scene. That's one of the coolest scenes I've ever seen. Val Kilmer goes nuts in it.

It's not a car chase scene, but it starts off as one, even though it's for a moment. They started to get in the car but recognized the police. The driver drove off but got shot. Once again, not a car chase scene, but still a general "chase" scene.

Originally posted by thito_da_skins_fan

It's not a car chase scene, but it starts off as one, even though it's for a moment. They started to get in the car but recognized the police. The driver drove off but got shot. Once again, not a car chase scene, but still a general "chase" scene.

Right. And then after they tear apart the police cars, they all take off on foot and are chased by the cops. I just meant that I didn't think to put it down because the title of the thread is car chases and I was trying to think more of chases with one or more cars going after another car.

Originally posted by Fatty P For The Pulitzer

Right. And then after they tear apart the police cars, they all take off on foot and are chased by the cops. I just meant that I didn't think to put it down because the title of the thread is car chases and I was trying to think more of chases with one or more cars going after another car.

Agreed. I, for some reason, when I think of "chase" scenes (cars or no cars), always seem to think of that one scene. I don't really know why. Just stands out when I hear "chase" I guess.

The car/heavy equipment chanse scene in Terminator 3 was pretty darn good. And some real good ones in the other Terminator movies as well.

The Fifth Element has a good flying car chase scene.

Every Star Wars movie's got good some chase scenes in them. Lucas was a car guy first and foremost, after all.

The Lethal Weapon movies have got some real good ones.

Raiders of The Lost Arc, when he goes after the truck on horseback. And then when he takes on the tank in The Last Crusade.

I, Robot has a good scene which really isn't a chase, but a bunch of robots vs. Will Smith in a futuristic car.

Originally posted by Hooper

In the otherwise awful "Jade" with David Caruso, there's a great car chase through San Fran. William Friedkin (director of the awesome chases in French Connection and To Live and Die in LA) directed.

Ah, Jade. I was pretty young when I first saw that. Forget the car chase, check out the sex scenes. :D

Originally posted by Henry

The Fifth Element has a good flying car chase scene.

Every Star Wars movie's got good some chase scenes in them. Lucas was a car guy first and foremost, after all.

Two awesome flying car chase scenes across two of these movies (Ep. 2 and Fifth Element, I mean).

I think the Fifth Element has a better chase scene than episode 2 for some reason. I haven't seen episode 2 in a while, but I do remember seeing it in IMAX really made that car chase scene insane. It felt like you were falling along with Obi-Wan when he fell off the assassin's vehicle.

What makes Ronin and Bullitt better than the Fifth Element in my opinion? I think it's the use of levity in the Fifth Element. The great thing about Ronin and Bullitt is the focus. I think that in both of these movies there was special emphasis on the car chase. K-9 has a good car chase too (I can't believe I'm bringing that up with these other movies, it somehow seems wrong even though I liked it), but again, the use of levity takes away from the thrill of the car chase.

Still, the Fifth Element's car chase scene is always one I specifically look forward to when I am watching that movie (though I often seem to forget about it until it's about to happen, then I remember and get excited, as opposed to Ronin and Bullitt where while I'm enjoying the movie - Ronin moreso than Bullitt I think, I'm always waiting for the car chase in eager anticipation).

Raiders of The Lost Arc, when he goes after the truck on horseback. And then when he takes on the tank in The Last Crusade.

My personel favourite:)

I like the one in "A View To A kill" as well, where the car gets the roof taken off then chopped in half. All Bond movies have pretty good car chases in them.

Originally posted by bwall-2

The Blues Brothers.Hands down.

I knew someone would say this. I totally agree. Funniest part is when they get to the building and the Blues mobile falls apart. I know theres a bunch of car chases in the movie, I was talking about the final one. The chase through the mall is great too.

Originally posted by rebornempowered

Toy Story. I was on the edge of my seat when those batteries went dead!

Now there's a unique answer.

http://www.moviesforguys.com/articles/top10chases.shtml

I'm definitely going to have to check out French Connection and a lot of these others. I have a feeling Ronin will retain the top spot, but we'll see. I've heard (and it's actually alluded to in that link there) that the director set out to make one of the best car chase scenes ever; he even studied Bullitt apparently.

Originally posted by Cdowwe

I knew someone would say this. I totally agree. Funniest part is when they get to the building and the Blues mobile falls apart. I know theres a bunch of car chases in the movie, I was talking about the final one. The chase through the mall is great too.

What I always thought was funny about the blues mobile falling apart, was that it was like the movie was saying the "mission from God" was the only thing that kept it together. Once they arrived at the Daly building, it was no longer needed, so God let it die. :laugh:

Hands down best car chase ever. The side shot when the blues mobile was being driven under that overpass was amazing.

:cheers:

Archived