Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Movie Car Chase

SkinsNumberOne

The classic is Bullitt, and as a Mustang lover it's definitely a favorite of mine.

Still, I think I have to say Ronin is the best overall. The more recent good car chase scenes I've seen (Matrix Reloaded, Bourne Supremacy) have seemed cheap imitations by comparison.

Any other suggestions/opinions?

Bullit hands down...

not a chase movie but there is a movie called RENDEVOUS.. The short film is a camera attached to the hood of a Ferrari Testerosa and the driver drives from one end of Paris to the other at speeds in excess of 100 +. No production real traffic and lights and cops.. UNREAL

Originally posted by RyansRangers

Bullit hands down...

not a chase movie but there is a movie called RENDEVOUS.. The short film is a camera attached to the hood of a Ferrari Testerosa and the driver drives from one end of Paris to the other at speeds in excess of 100 +. No production real traffic and lights and cops.. UNREAL

Do you think you could provide an IMDB link?

Rendezvous returned a bunch of links, I couldn't tell which one it was. It sounds pretty good from your description though.

http://us.imdb.com/find?q=rendezvous

Just watched Bullitt again. That is truly an awesome chase scene. My dad has a '68 Mustang that I was allowed to drive till I went to college, only it wasn't a fastback. Still, that scene is that much cooler given Bullitt is driving a '68.

I also rewatched Ronin earlier (inspiring this thread). I've got to stand by Ronin being the best chase scene I've seen in a movie. Then again, I haven't seen a few of the suggestions people have posted, so I'll have to check those out.

The best chase seen ever....Gone in 60 seconds. Poor Eleanor. 1 1967 Mustang GT 500, the most gorgeous car to come off the assembly line.

Best part....you okay, yeah i'm okay, you just went through a wall.

What I would do to drive a car like that for a day.

Originally posted by goskins

The opening scene of The Transporter.

Although, Bullitt has probably the best.

Also don't forget French Connection.

yeah, the French Connection scene is what I've always considered the best car chase I've ever seen. The one from Bourne Identity waspretty damn good also.

Originally posted by SkinnedAussie

For what it's worth, the chase in The Blues Brothers would have to rank up amongst the best, even if it is the most expensive in film history.

You got that right.

The Blues Brothers car chase through that mall was awesome.

Bullit is a great one too.

I also liked the one from "The 7 Up's."

I have to agree with Ronin and the opening chase in The Transporter....those chases are simply awesome.

Matrix Reloaded, while a good chase, is so clearly a product of digital technology. A car chase is one area of a movie that doing it as real as possible makes it better than using CGI.

Archived