Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss not scared

Dagger84

Hello Skins fans. First things first this is without a doubt the best overall fan site I have seen. All of our Vikings sites are lame so you guys are lucky.

Secondly...people have been saying Moss will be stopped by this guy and taken out by that guy for years. The truth is it never happens and never will with a healthy Moss. Champ Bailey couldn't, Deion Sanders couldn't, Roy Williams couldn't, Charles Woodson couldn't, etc. I've seen Moss lay out linebackers time and time again so fear is not an issue. Sean Taylor as good as a player as he is can not run with Moss. Noone can period. He is the fastest deep threat in nfl history. Moss is not a possession reciever who goes over the middle. He is a 215 lb beanpole who's not built for it. It would be stupid for the coaching staff to put him over the middle to be crushed from the side by Taylor. That would be like running Jerome Bettis on sweeps...doesn't work.

I hope for good injury free game this Sunday. I'll be there with some of you. I'm not expecting a blowout or even a win. I just hope my boys can pull it out! Knowing our history though anything is bound to happen.

Originally posted by Dagger84

Secondly...people have been saying Moss will be stopped by this guy and taken out by that guy for years. The truth is it never happens and never will with a healthy Moss. Champ Bailey couldn't, Deion Sanders couldn't, Roy Williams couldn't, Charles Woodson couldn't, etc.

Those guys ain't SEAN TAYLOR.:point2sky ;)

Seriously though, Moss is a great player but the combo of Springs and Taylor should be enough to handle him initially. If Culpepper has time though........:doh:.....it'll be long day in the secondary.

At least Moss had the balls to say that Darrell Green was the only corner back to be able to cover him , I give him credit for that.

I don't know how well his health is but if he's trotting around the field like he did last week ,we can put Walt Harris on him with out worry.

Originally posted by KINGBRICE_28

"Moss had five receptions for 64 yards but did not catch a scoring pass."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/longterm/1998/gamerep/week7/vikings19.htm

"Cris Carter is always going to show," Vikings offensive coordinator Brian Billick said.

My oh my how things have changed...

:laugh:

Just to think Billick was the O-coordinator of the highest scoring team in NFL history.... How did the Falcons beat them???

Originally posted by Dagger84

Secondly...people have been saying Moss will be stopped by this guy and taken out by that guy for years. The truth is it never happens and never will with a healthy Moss. Champ Bailey couldn't, Deion Sanders couldn't, Roy Williams couldn't, Charles Woodson couldn't, etc.

Um, Darrell Green did. In fact, I remember an "Up Close" on ESPN with Randy Moss & Dan Patrick (I think) asked him if there was any CBs in the League that he "feared" (meaning that he had a hard time with) & Randy Moss said that the only CB that has ever caused him serious problems & has covered him all game was Darrell Green. No one else came close.

No matter what anyone ever says about Deion, I watched Randy Moss catch a pass over him that was just SICK. He NEVER did that to Darrell.

As far as Moss laying out linebackers? Well, that may be true, but look at the linebackers he faces every year. Undersized, overrated baffoons in the NFC Norris. :bfd: :rolleyes: He ain't layin' out OUR LBs OR Sean Taylor. Sean Taylor is gonna FLATTEN that beanpole of a WR & knock him into the middle of next season!

:vikesuck: :nana:

:laugh:

Originally posted by Diablo23

You should meet my friend. :doh:

Yea, I HAD a friend that is a big Vikings/Redskins fan. He could talk some serious smack. He knows his team(s). It was kinda weird listening to him rant about the Vikings, tho.

Occassionally, he would go on long rants about Randy Moss & Daunte Culpeper or Chris Hovan & after he was done, I would say, "Are the Vikings still IN the NFL? Wow, that's really cool." :laugh:

:vikesuck:

Archived