Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lots to BLAME in this game

SkinsHokieFan

Originally posted by SkinsHokieFan

No. I would have done the same thing.

I would have too.

Gibbs probably had enough confidence in his defense, which all of us probably had. That they wouldn't give up a touchdown in the last few seconds of the game to lose it.

yup...the D was pretty bad ALL game, we had 2 very lucky red zone turnovers that kept us in it.

yes, i dont care what anyoen says, the playcalling is TOO conservative - we can get big plays when we need them, we've demostrated that the past 3 weeks - too little too late. terrible coverage on that last TD by dallas, terrible offense almost all game - we dont go for the throat, ever. I'm very disappointed in this team right now, we didnt deserve to win the game. awful team play all around. so much more to say but i dont have the heart to - we're a joke and we wont beat minnesota next week. we need a lot of work this offseason to be more competitive

Gutless Playcalling in the Final Minutes cost us this game

Giveup Plays by Gibbs not even Attemping to get the First down killed us

He really needs to make alot of changes within himself if he wants to turn this thing around

his game Management has really hurt us this season

Being confident in the defense is just a kind way of saying and playing it safe are a nice way of saying, scared of a mistake on offense. I'm sorry but I've been a fan for a long time of the skins and of the sport; the teams that win are the ones that play to win. Tucking your tail between your legs and hoping the other part of your team can save you doesn't get it done.

We didn't win because this team didn't deserve it. Cowards deserve to lose. At least I can say the defense went out fighting. The offense and Gibbs at the end did EVERYTHING in their power to give the game away and did exactly that.

BTW - Portis goes down too damn easy and IMO is the worst back in the NFC East. All of the other guys who are exactly the same size run harder then he does.

We didn't win because this team didn't deserve it. Cowards deserve to lose. At least I can say the defense went out fighting. The offense and Gibbs at the end did EVERYTHING in their power to give the game away and did exactly that.

Exactly Defense did The Job Twice and Handed them the Ball to run Some clock

What did we do?? Ran the Same Play 6 times not even trying to win the Game when all it took is One First down on the Last Drive

Gutless Football

That is what cost us this game

Originally posted by bobzmuda

That was solely Taylor's fault on that last play.

As many plays as he's made this year, he stil needs to work on wrapping up on his tackles and learning when he needs to play it safe (e.g. on a hail mary situation).

Whatever, dude... Taylor was stuck covering Keyshawn and Conners. If it had gone to KJ, you would be criticizing him.

Fact is, Taylor was a monster again, many tackles, forced fumbles, etc...

The blame lies with the OFFENSE... YET AGAIN... who once again didn't score over a measly 10 points.

Don't even shift any of the blame to the defense, much less Sean Taylor.

Originally posted by posse

Wow, if his play today is what you've been calling monstrous for the past few weeks, I am comforted that he isn't as good as the hype you all bring him.

Blown assignments (run/ pass defense) and mistackles. Sheesh.

Wow, just like some are crying over the loss, I'm crying over the win. What a shocker.

Originally posted by Hoods

Wow, if his play today is what you've been calling monstrous for the past few weeks, I am comforted that he isn't as good as the hype you all bring him.

Blown assignments (run/ pass defense) and mistackles. Sheesh.

Wow, just like some are crying over the loss, I'm crying over the win. What a shocker.

Go away...

You guys beat us. We all know it. Show a little bit of class and at least wait until tomorrow to rub it in.

Originally posted by Destino

Being confident in the defense is just a kind way of saying and playing it safe are a nice way of saying, scared of a mistake on offense. I'm sorry but I've been a fan for a long time of the skins and of the sport; the teams that win are the ones that play to win. Tucking your tail between your legs and hoping the other part of your team can save you doesn't get it done.

BTW - Portis goes down too damn easy and IMO is the worst back in the NFC East. All of the other guys who are exactly the same size run harder then he does.

Bingo. Glad to see others are coming around to what I've been saying recently(about Portis) and Gibbs. Gibbs played all year, even when we had a CHANCE at the playoffs not to lose. I don't even recall him doing this in the past. I remember passes downfield, more imaginative playcalling and adjustments.

I see none of it. This year has been a big waste.

Originally posted by posse

Whatever, dude... Taylor was stuck covering Keyshawn and Conners. If it had gone to KJ, you would be criticizing him.

The blame lies with the OFFENSE... YET AGAIN... who once again didn't score over a measly 10 points.

Don't even shift any of the blame to the defense, much less Sean Taylor.

Thank you....one play here and there does not a game make.....Our offense (specifically anti-play calling) was horrific. The Cowboys Defense ranks right up there w/ the Swiss Cheese defense of the Swansfield Swans Elementary team right down the street from where I live.....yet we cannot figure out anyway to run, pass, levitate or will the football over the endzone in order to make a score.

We won that game - only to lose it. I blame Gibbs. I love Gibbs - but I blame him entirely. He has the tools to turn this around.....I'm just not sure he has the "umph" to make it happen. I hope he does. I'm just not seeing it right now. The Moral battle of the "lovely fluffy nice Redskin player" vs "the guy that will get in the endzone" is underway.

Something needs to change. The players are there. Ramsey is there. Tighten up Gibby. ....Utopia don't exist.

Archived