Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Owens May Have Tore Ligament; Surgery Needed?

Hooper

My brother-in-law's an Eagles fan and just called me. Supposedly Philly sports radio is going crazy right now with rumors that TO's injury is much more serious than the Eagles are letting on and that he may not be back until to the second playoff game, if that. Officially, the Eagles are just saying he's getting a second opinion on his ankle right now.

Go to igglephans.com -- the Philly faithful doesn't think it looks too good for TO.

yeh, for the reason of no excuses, id rather they do have TO on the field. I still cant believe fans were saying they played a horrible game cause they only beat us by 3 points. I guess every team that loses or barely wins played a horrible game.

Originally posted by afparent

That was a nasty turn on that ankle. I can't see him back before the playoffs anyway.

Having him back before the playoffs is the least of the Eagles concerns.

They are good enough to get to and winning the NFC Championship without him, but stand little to no chance past there I think. Hopefully the news will be better than some fear.

Originally posted by Art

Everyone. I have a secret.

The secret is a sprain is a ligament tear of some degree. :)

I realize that. The degree of the tear may be worse than originally thought. I believe there is a rescheduled press conference at 4, so we'll know more then.

What I do know is if Owens CAN play he will. He showed incredible heart yesterday refusing to be carted while on the field, then collapsing in the tunnel, only to want to go back in the game afterwards. Say what you want about him, but it was an incredible display of heart. I find it curious how one player can possess so much will and determination, and share the field with a coward like Pinkston.

That eagle troll site is great... What a way to cheer yourself up today go there...

Threads started today:

• "Lost in the TO depression"
    "I think the Pinkston situation is just as bad as T.O.'s injury"
    "I'm just waiting for one of these Giant fan T.O. haters to start some sh*t with me....."
    "Blame Reid for leaving the Philadelphia Eagles paper thin at WR"
    "**** **** ****. I was afraid of this. Damn!"
    "Does this look like men who are optimistic that their star WR will be back for the playoffs?"
    "Without TO, McNabb will take off and run alot more Like Vick!!"
    "You would be surprised how many people are glad T.O is hurt" - yeah I didn't get that one either
    "Without TO we are not gonna make it, sorry"
    "We've been walking a tightrope all year"
    "Owens: Iggles trainer says they don't know!"
    "I knew it wasn't gonna be good news when I saw Burkholder up there."
    AND MY FAVORITE THREAD OF THE DAY???
    "redskins playoff picture" - NOW they're worried about the skins???

Spend like 10 minutes there today and you will feel great about your team. Those guys are imploding. I have to admit I have overreacted before, but I think the suicide rate is going up in Philly today.

Keep it together guys, its only one player.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

Having him back before the playoffs is the least of the Eagles concerns.

They are good enough to get to and winning the NFC Championship without him, but stand little to no chance past there I think. Hopefully the news will be better than some fear.

Dude- If they were good enough to WIN an NFC Championship w/o Terrell, they'd have done it at least ONCE in the last three tries. You better PRAY you get him back or it's another season of humiliation for the (not even) Buffalo Eagles.

Thrash was a better number one than Todd "why can't we just play flag football" Pinkston.

TO did show a lot of heart yesterday. It's easy to hate him if he's not on your team, but at least the guy plays hard and lives up to the hype.

Originally posted by Chachie

Dude- If they were good enough to WIN an NFC Championship w/o Terrell, they'd have done it at least ONCE in the last three tries. You better PRAY you get him back or it's another season of humiliation for the (not even) Buffalo Eagles.

The defense is better, Westbrook and McNabb are healthy (something that hasn't been the case the last two years) and the competition is worse. They are the best team in the NFC with or without Owens, but certainly not past that.

Archived