Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spear and Feather or Indian Head?

skinsguy29

I'm sure you guys have probably talked about this before, but if you had your choice, would you want the Redskins to keep their current indian head logo on their helmets or would you prefer them to go back to their spear and feather throwback helmets? I kind of thought the spear and feather was kind of cool.....what do you guys think?

:eaglesuck

That's a good question. I think alot of teams did that because of Thanksgiving weekend. There has seem to have been a tradition started for at least the teams that play on Thanksgiving to wear their throwback uniforms....

Getting back to the Indian head symbol, I never have paid attention to this, but when did we have the indian head helmets where the feathers curved around the circle? (anybody know what I'm talkin' about??)

Originally posted by skinsguy29

That's a good question. I think alot of teams did that because of Thanksgiving weekend. There has seem to have been a tradition started for at least the teams that play on Thanksgiving to wear their throwback uniforms....

Getting back to the Indian head symbol, I never have paid attention to this, but when did we have the indian head helmets where the feathers curved around the circle? (anybody know what I'm talkin' about??)

I know what you are talking about... I have a mini helmet with the curved feather...

I believe that was from the 1982 or 1983 season. I know it was from the early 80's but not sure on the exact year.

Peace

Edited to add picture.

Originally posted by skinsguy29

The year was 1982 and the Redskins won their first Super Bowl. The curved feathers appeared for that magical, wonderful season and none other.

Here is a pic:

WSH_1058.gif

:logo:

Originally posted by RomeoPoe

The year was 1982 and the Redskins won their first Super Bowl. The curved feathers appeared for that magical, wonderful season and none other.

Does anyone know why we didn't keep the curved feather? Like you said, it made it's one and only appearence for the 1982 season, you'd think with the fact we won our first title in 40 years that year we would have kept it.

But as for the topic of this thread, Indian head all the way. That's the logo I associate with championship football. All the others are novelties.

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Archived