Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey's Ire.....

red zone

On the the Redskin's last offensive play of the game, something broke down and basically busted the play. Pat Ramsey was clearly pissed off. It appeared as though he yelled something at Clinton Portis as he stormed off the field. The camera followed Ramsey all the way to the bench where he found his way to Mark Brunell. Brunell seemed to ask a question and it appeared Ramsey's response was "Portis!"

Did anyone else see this? I don't want to start something if it was just my imagination.

:logo:

Originally posted by red zone

On the the Redskin's last offensive play of the game, something broke down and basically busted the play. Pat Ramsey was clearly pissed off. It appeared as though he yelled something at Clinton Portis as he stormed off the field. The camera followed Ramsey all the way to the bench where he found his way to Mark Brunell. Brunell seemed to ask a question and it appeared Ramsey's response was "Portis!"

Did anyone else see this? I don't want to start something if it was just my imagination.

:logo:

I am glad you brought that up...I saw the same thing and rewound it on the tivo and and that is what he said...a little uncharacteristic of PR...portis must have really been slacking..

I think Ramsey is going to have be more vocal... he's going to have to try and encourage this people making mistakes. Not to the media mind you... be he's got to go to those people and say... "hey man... fullfill your assignment... I can't get the ball downfield if you guys can't keep them off of me."

Originally posted by rdsknbill

Possible that Portis didn't pick up his block? Ramsey did a good job of ducking the sack. Too bad he didn't put a little more air under the ball. It had six written all over it

That wasn't the play, it was the very last play of the game for us on offense where Ramsey had to dump it off for about 10 on 4th and 13 or so. He was clearly pissed off, I wondered if he was just venting or if Portis screwed something up, either way it's nice to see a guy with some fire in his belly under center. Somebody needs to hold the offense accountable.

Not sure if y'all noticed this in the Skins-Eagles game in the prior week, but Clinton and Patrick looked to be pissed at each other there as well, with Patrick walking away from Clinton while Clinton was talking (yelling?) at him...

(not trying to feed the flames here, but I saw it too...)

Now if we can get a receiver like T.O. that yells at the quarterback when he doesn't get the ball....we'll have a match made in heaven.

That's right- change the subject, make up issues on other teams, remove blame, remove accountability, and hide your head in the sand.

I didn't see it, but it sounds like Ramsey did the right thing. I think it's important to hold players accountable on the offense as long as the QB is accountable for his own actions.

The only X-factor (if there would be a serious clash) is who the franchise backs. Do they go with their hearts or wallets, because Ramsey can't lead from the bench and Portis won't respect him if he isn't the clear cut starter.

Portis got his block on that play. So I dont know.

At first I thought he was yelling at Portis, but after watching again I thought he was yelling towards the officials, looked to me like he screamed "thats bull****!" he was obviously pissed at them on the play before the final one when they called a delay of game penalty. I dont know what happened but FOX never showed the play clock winding down or anything.

I think he was yelling at the officials

Originally posted by skinsbosoxheels

University of Miami players...all are extremely talented..but ALL are head cases and come with arrogant attitudes IMO

The guys from Miami are all used to winning also.This is probably the first time Portis has ever been on a loosing team.

Saw the same thing, but don't know the reason ehind it. Must have been pretty bad to anger Ramsey the way it diid. Taking a positive spin, I thought it was a good thing for Patrick to display his feelings. Shows leadership and desire. also shows a sense of security in that he feels it is his team and he wants things done right.

Archived