Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would U Trade Portis For

Bozman777

Originally posted by dfbovey

Ricky Williams is a joke and has no passion for the game. No thanks, too much of a risk.

And Portis has a very bright future ahead of him, he'll have plenty of success here. Despite the rocky start, he only needs 75 yeards to reach 1000 with 6 games left... and is still on pace to set a Redskins single season rushing record.

There are alot of BS threads floating around on this board lately, this one ranks up at the top.

What he siad. ;)

Originally posted by Pharoah11

i will say again that portis has to be considered a disappointment this year. he reminds me of a ricky ervins (change of pace back). we need to see him run with more authority.

i am not sure that will happen this year or next.....

You can't run with authority if there's no holes.Portis has not been a disappointment.Joe Bugel's O-Line has.

It wouldnt matter. You gotta hand it off to the RB for him to be worth anything anyway! See, Portis on the sideline while Betts gets the carries, HUH??????????????????????????????????????

Another wide receiver screen, nice play callin Joe! B.S.!

Originally posted by Pharoah11

i will say again that portis has to be considered a disappointment this year. he reminds me of a ricky ervins (change of pace back). we need to see him run with more authority.

i am not sure that will happen this year or next.....

Run w/more authority? Have you seen Portis run at all when he is able to get forward momentum he always falls forward, it's just that some of our runs are designed with him running parallel to the line and no back has power like that....+ our o-line is pretty poor....

Oh yeah about the trade, let me think....................F**k NO!

Portis has had games that are statistical failures. He's also poised to cross a thousand yards this week if he has an average game.

Those that are whining about Portis really ought to step back and look what has made his year a success. The guy can carry it until 'his tongue hangs out' as Gibbs said. His so called fragility is a myth, he does run with authority, and he has an unbelievable ability to make guys miss in the open field.

Granted, he hasn't put up TDs, but TDs are a product of the entire offense, and as we all know, the entire offense has had nothing BUT trouble scoring.

We know Gibbs has work to do on the offense, but our RB is NOT an area of concern. When this team has a passing attack to compliment our EXCELLENT halfback, then you'll see what he's truly capable of.

Aside from all these fundamental thins are the intangibles. Portis, by all accounts, has a total desire to not only PLAY the game, but to lead, carry the load and the ball. He WANTS the ball in the clutch, and he has the skill to make it happen in the clutch.

Ricky Williams doesn't have any desire. Not a chance in hell would I trade Clinton Portis for Ricky Williams no matter if they threw jason Taylor AND a first round pick in the mix.

No WAY.

~Bang

Archived