Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ur 1st rounder

[[ghost]]

How would you guys go in the first round?

trade gardner and our first for an earlier first, and a 5th/6th pick up mike williams or elgin baylor

stay home, maybe move down for extra picks, and pick up whatever DE is left

stay pat and get pollack, cody, or that kiwanaku (sp?) guy

move up and get Lienart or Rodgers (wow, you guys must really hate our QBs)

Get Antrelle Rolle (since we, god forbid, might lose Smoot)

trade down plenty, get a lot of picks, then get quality DEs and o-linemen

me= either stay pat and get cody or pollack, or get mike williams, but im worried if he's still teh same. that man is just beast, but DE is a really big need

Dude, you're not going to get a high first rounder for Gardner. You'll be lucky to get a 3rd.

At the rate we're going we will be in the top 5 picking again. So I guess we will have to go with the best player available again. Can't loose out on talent when you're up that high. But I'd say we either take the best DE or best WR available. I think top 5 is too high for a guard. But not for a LT. It all depends on what we do with Samuels who I'll take. But i'm shooting for a DE if there is one rated pretty high. As well as O-line. I don't think we are going to be high enough to take a Mike Williams.

With our record right now, we already are looking at a high 1st rd pick.

Dallas 3-7 - they beat us

Cleveland - 3-7 - They beat us

Carolina - 3-7

Oakland 3-7

KC - 3-6

Miami and S.F. both at 1-9.

The way we are playing we could end up with the #3 pick in the draft.

MIKE WILLIAMS!!!!

Braylon Edwards, Mark Clayton, and Chris Henry all have better upsides than Mikey...He is tall which is a plus...but the way he dominated the lil 175 llb DBs wont happen in the NFL...Especially after damn near 2 years off...:(

Plus if u think Rod Gardner and Keyshawn are slow...wait until this guy gets on the field ... :whoknows:

Originally posted by [[ghost]]

How would you guys go in the first round?

trade gardner and our first for an earlier first, and a 5th/6th pick up mike williams or elgin baylor

stay home, maybe move down for extra picks, and pick up whatever DE is left

stay pat and get pollack, cody, or that kiwanaku (sp?) guy

move up and get Lienart or Rodgers (wow, you guys must really hate our QBs)

Get Antrelle Rolle (since we, god forbid, might lose Smoot)

trade down plenty, get a lot of picks, then get quality DEs and o-linemen

me= either stay pat and get cody or pollack, or get mike williams, but im worried if he's still teh same. that man is just beast, but DE is a really big need

Wouldn't trade up. because we'll prolly get a high pick anyway.

Originally posted by SlobberKnockinFootball

Dude, you're not going to get a high first rounder for Gardner. You'll be lucky to get a 3rd.

At the rate we're going we will be in the top 5 picking again. So I guess we will have to go with the best player available again. Can't loose out on talent when you're up that high. But I'd say we either take the best DE or best WR available. I think top 5 is too high for a guard. But not for a LT. It all depends on what we do with Samuels who I'll take. But i'm shooting for a DE if there is one rated pretty high. As well as O-line. I don't think we are going to be high enough to take a Mike Williams.

I agree with you for the most part.

I hate to say this, but Mike Williams is going to Dallas:doh: But anyways, I think we need to stick with our pick and get the best DE available, whether that be Kiwanuka or whatever. Its too bad we dont have a 2nd, cause that would be perfect for a center. The DE is the priority, BUT there is just something about using 2 high first round picks 2 years in a row on Defense, especially when our offense is the one struggling, that kinda make me a little sick:puke:

Can I ask why everyone seems to want a Wideout? We don't need one, we have depth at the position... We need line help... Need... Necessity.

Edwards, as awesome as he is, drops alot of passes... He's one of my favorite college players, but come on... There is no WR good enough for us to take over DE, DT or OT, period.

Originally posted by KDawg

Can I ask why everyone seems to want a Wideout? We don't need one, we have depth at the position... We need line help... Need... Necessity.

Edwards, as awesome as he is, drops alot of passes... He's one of my favorite college players, but come on... There is no WR good enough for us to take over DE, DT or OT, period.

Don't get it twisted, I'm just saying he's a better overall prospect than Williams, not that we should ignore the lines.

What we do in FA will dictate what we will do in the draft. Given the number of quality DEs that will be avaliable in FA, we should go after one and develop the young talent we have.

The offensive line needs more help then any. I've seen rumors that Steve Hutchison of Seattle will be a FA. That would be a huge addition at LG.

Sameuls should be replaced, Brunell should retire, and Gardner should be traded for the highest pick we can get: which will probably be a third or even a fourth rounder given his play and inability to get open.

The Wr class in the draft is expected to be deep this year. I believe that we should first take the best LT avaliable with our first pick. Given where this stud would be determines whether or not we should trade down and get a center as well.

I have faith that McCants, Jacobs, and Coles(once healthy) will make a great tandem. McCants and Jacobs will get there chance to prove themselves this year, but the priority should be rebuilding the offensive line. False starts, holdings, and not getting holes open for Portis killed us in the philly game. If the o-line wasn't so bad we would've won.

Originally posted by Renegade7

If the o-line wasn't so bad we would've won.

Not only do I disagree, I disagree whole heartedly. We CANNOT win games when we commit dumb penalties, and when the refs seem to have an agenda. Period. We didn't execute against Philly. We're a better team than I saw on the field yesterday.

Archived