Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

At least we know what Gibbs was talking about.

Art

Originally posted by bwall-2

I hope Ramsey leads us to the promise land,don't get me wrong,but for all you people saying he came in cold,he won't be cold next week,when he probably starts.What's gonna be the excuse?That they're playing on the road?

Maybe that he's playing against one of the best teams in the league. :doh: If Brunell had sucked against great or even good defenses, I'd have been much easier on him.

my opinion is that Mark Brunell and Rod Gardner will not be starters when this team is ready and able to challenge the Eagles or the other teams in the NFC East.

I think we are seeing the inconsistencies of these players over the course of a number of games come to the fore.

Do we need to further evaluate the offensive line? Hell YES.

Part of the problem this year is that the Redskins depended upon Kenyatta Jones to be the primary backup at OT and once he showed he was unsuited to the job there wasn't anyone else except rookies Molinaro and Wilson to throw in there.

Hence the acquisition of Ray Brown and his move to RT.

Brown should not be out at RT. At most he should be a part-timer at OG. But he is giving up his 42 year old body for the team and dancing over his 'grave' so to speak is not something I prefer to do :)

Derrick Dockery? We can question whether he is ever going to prove to be an effective pass protector. He is an asset in the run game, however. So, some judgment needs to be made there.

But, why not try and fix the problems at qb and wide receiver while acknowledging that ALL the other problems may not be resolvable until the offseason.

Originally posted by wickedwitch

Maybe that he's playing against one of the best teams in the league. :doh: If Brunell had sucked against great or even good defenses, I'd have been much easier on him.

To be considered a good QB,you have to play well on the road against a good team.Ramsey should have 7 games to prove his worth to the Skins,after that, their should be no more excuses.

I would rather lose with a guy who is as Gibbs put it, our future.

If our QB struggles, and goes through the Gibbs offense learning curve, I would rather that it be with our future, than Brunell.

We cannot let a guy making Mark Brunell money take the kind of time it is taking him to learn in the middle of the season, when he is supposed to be a short term solution.

I can live with Ramsey's mistakes in the short term, but we have to have a chance at completing 2yrd outs, screen passes, the simple throws. Mark has lost confidence has is probably happy that he got yanked to take the pressure off of him.

Let's get Ramsey going from the jump, while the running game is still in play. But, Gibbs may also need a wake-up call at offensive schemes, nobody looks terribly open

the problems on the o-line seem to be coming from the right side and up the middle. jansen's loss has hurt...although we should all bear in mind that he was known for his run blocking more than his pass blocking. as for the middle - it's hard to tell from a TV set why we are not picking up safety blitzes. if we stick with PR we are no doubt going to need an iron cald pass protection scheme. I also go along with those who argue that either through lack of speed or scheme the receivers aren't getting enough separation.

No one can seriously question - after 9 games and 5 preseason affairs - that Brunell simply does not have the zip PR has. The margin for error was smaller for Brunell and his overthrows on even passes to the flats and screens simply were too frequently off the mark to amke up for the lost speed.

we will now see what PR can do for his allotted 8 games. mccants...btw....did very well today. the remaining games will determine who can play and who wants to move on.

Originally posted by fansince62

the problems on the o-line seem to be coming from the right side and up the middle. jansen's loss has hurt...although we should all bear in mind that he was known for his run blocking more than his pass blocking. as for the middle - it's hard to tell from a TV set why we are not picking up safety blitzes. if we stick with PR we are no doubt going to need an iron cald pass protection scheme. I also go along with those who argue that either through lack of speed or scheme the receivers aren't getting enough separation.

No one can seriously question - after 9 games and 5 preseason affairs - that Brunell simply does not have the zip PR has. The margin for error was smaller for Brunell and his overthrows on even passes to the flats and screens simply were too frequently off the mark to amke up for the lost speed.

we will now see what PR can do for his allotted 8 games. mccants...btw....did very well today. the remaining games will determine who can play and who wants to move on.

I saw Dockery blow a blitz assignment that killed our 2nd drive of PR's half....

Just seems that the communication has always been a problem with PR in the game. Although, there was much of the same with Brunell in there...

The difference maker is Ramsey hitting longer passes and hitting recievers where they are, not making them come back to the ball .

my opinion is that Mark Brunell and Rod Gardner will not be starters when this team is ready and able to challenge the Eagles or the other teams in the NFC East.

With his contract nearing it's end we should try to dump 50/50 off on a team that is desperate for WR help. We'd be better with either Thrash or DMAC playing instead and the extra pick gained for 50/50 would allow us to pick up a C or DE.

I'm glad Brunell got pulled. I'm glad Ramsey is in. It's about time.

However, bubba has a point here. Ramsey didn't come in in the fourth quarter with our offensive back against the wall, as some of you guys are pretending. He came in for the second series of the second quarter.

And he looked terrible.

He's not as mobile as Brunell. He doesn't sense the pressure as well. He took a LOT of sacks today, and not all of them were the line's fault. He trusts his arm too much, and threw the ball into traffic WAY too much. We didn't start moving the ball at all until the fourth quarter, when the Bengals were trying to sit on their 17 point lead.

He has other strengths. He's got the arm. He's tough as nails. And he's far more acccurate at this point. And anything's better than 1 for 8 and an INT.

But our WRs are not getting open, and Ramsey throws it to them anyway. Maybe Gibbs wasn't BSing when he praised Brunell's willingness to throw the ball away. Ramsey has to learn to do that sometimes.

I'm glad he's in, but don't expect things to suddenly start working. He didn't look THAT much better than Brunell.

Originally posted by bulldog

I agree with your post, but i note this line, and want to say that when we start pointing the fingers at inconsistency, Laveraneus Coles has to get up there on the list. The guy has dropped so many passes he's making Gardner look like Fred Biletnikoff.

It's unusual, and I wish I had even the slightest clue why our receivers keep letting catchable balls drop to the ground.

I had thought that oerhaps it was the lefty Brunell throwing them off, and they needed to adjust.. even though it has been a HELL of a long adjustment period... but Coles was dropping Ramsey 's passes too.

McCants,, he doesn't drop them. So far he's 2 for 2.. but those two you saw a spark.. I hope today he also has earned the right to be on the field more often.

~Bang

Coles may still be suffering from that dislocated finger. He's not been a guy who drops passes in the past. As for the rest, it will take them some time to get accustomed to the opposite spin of the ball and the fact that it is not arriving at a rate measured in feet per minute now.

50/50 got his nickname for a reason though. He's dead to me and I want him gone.

Originally posted by bubba9497

You guys are full of ****.

period, spin all you want, but the facts is still the same the offense in general suck. Ramsey or Brunell.

does anyone remember 6-19 65 yards????

I am not bashing Ramsey.. I am stating facts. The problems are still the same. The OL is not blocking, and the WR are not making plays. and the offense didn't move the ball until the bengals ( a weak defense) started playing off and stopped blitzing.

So Ramsey puts up similar stats to Brunell - Still proves Ramsey should be playing more. Brunell never has to come in cold or down 17 freakin points. THOSE are the facts. Yes, the other issues are important and go back to Gibbs as well. But winning and success is contagious and with Brunell in there the team has little or no chance and everyone on the offense knows it.

You can't gauge Ramsey until you see what he can do starting 0-0 and getting the reps in practice. 17 and 13 point deficits are not exactly ideal circumstances.

The funny thing is that for all his mistakes, the Redskins now hold a 17-0 score with Ramsey in the game.

Originally posted by RySkins

You can't gauge Ramsey until you see what he can do starting 0-0 and getting the reps in practice. 17 and 13 point deficits are not exactly ideal circumstances.

The funny thing is that for all his mistakes, the Redskins now hold a 17-0 score with Ramsey in the game.

Great post. Ramsey didn't look very good early in the game, but at least we have a QB playing now. At least the receivers can expect some balls to go their way.

And please everyone reserve the criticism of his play until after he gets to have some real reps in practice.

Archived