Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Definition of a Arsehole...T.O.

Bozman777

EL

Just so you know, I don't think TO is a "bad" person, but he lacks honor and he lacks maturity on this issue--and accountability.

It's not really that hard for him, all he needs to do is step up and be a man and all the silly things get forgiven(I dont care about the sharpie or pom poms, it's how a man lives his life that sticks with me.)

You forget, the Skins are the franchise of Darrell Green, Art Monk, Larry Brown, Charley Taylor, etc. Sure, we've had characters but telling a Supreme Court Justice to loosen up isn't the same as treating another human being and teammate like garbage.

There is no comparison between TO and Meshawn. Meshawn is an ******* and not half as good a receiver as he thinks he is. TO on the other hand is one of the best and very original and creative with his antics. But yes as an eagle fan i was surprised that he brought up the Garcia thing again on HBO and i had just hoped he would have stopped talking about him by now. I think he has a tendency to just speak his mind without thinking much about the consequences. But TO is essentially a good guy. How many players would not have fired their agent with the fiasco he went through this offseason. Sure he likes the attention and the spotlight, but maybe if you grew up secluded like he did you might too. People who know him say he's generous but very competitive and his blowing up in San Fran the last couple of years has to do with his frustration the team was going nowhere and his feeling his talent was being wasted. He will not be a cancer with the eagles.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

TO said he didn't want to talk about Garcia this week, that the game isn't him versus Garcia, and he chided the Philly media for repeatedly asking him about Jeff. Owens has criticized Garcia earlier this year, but he's taking the high road this week, even if the media is trying to prod answers from him and start a controversy when there isn't one.

Please don't feed that bullS***. Owens is a great wideout, and a terrible human being. He is a self-indulged, egotistical piece of garbage. You can't sit here and say "he's taking the high road THIS WEEK" and try to blame the media. He started this thing, fueled the fire again last week when answering questions from a reporter (YES T.O., you could've just shut up and not answered the question, as unbelievable as that sounds), and now blames the media for blowing it out of proportion. Man, how dillusional is that?

Why? What I'm wondering is why someone like Owens always gets blasted by other teams fans/the media, when people like Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, Leonard Little, Randy McMichael, Jeff Garcia, get DUIs, sell/take drugs, beat their wives, and people talk about Owens like he's a scumbag. Go find something that suggests he hasn't been a model citizen off the field and get back to me.

Strange? Yes. Loud? Definitely. Arrogant and Obnoxious? Most of the time. A scumbag? Hardly compared to many in the NFL.

Ummm, I don't know what you and your friends say about your aforementioned list, but mine DO in fact call them scum bags. Just because T.O. hasn't broken the law doesn't mean that he's a wonderful person, does it?

Why? What I'm wondering is why someone like Owens always gets blasted by other teams fans/the media, when people like Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, Leonard Little, Randy McMichael, Jeff Garcia, get DUIs, sell/take drugs, beat their wives, and people talk about Owens like he's a scumbag. Go find something that suggests he hasn't been a model citizen off the field and get back to me.

Strange? Yes. Loud? Definitely. Arrogant and Obnoxious? Most of the time. A scumbag? Hardly compared to many in the NFL.

What is the title of this thread again? Not "T.O. is a convict/Rapist/druggie." Its easier to forgive and move past "ONE" mistake or 2, but "Leon" always has his self gratifying self to blame. He makes a fool of himself "EVERYTIME" a microphone is in his face. The spotlight shines? T.O. has to have it. He has class issues. "Class" comes with maturity. He is a 30 year old adolesent. Until he developes some "Class," he will be hated as if he committed crimes like Jeffrey Dahmer. His personality is one of a hemoroid.:puke:

TO said he didn't want to talk about Garcia this week, that the game isn't him versus Garcia, and he chided the Philly media for repeatedly asking him about Jeff. Owens has criticized Garcia earlier this year, but he's taking the high road this week, even if the media is trying to prod answers from him and start a controversy when there isn't one.

So I guess if I sat in here on this message board and said that you were gay and that you had lousy skills and were not very good at what you do, then we wouldn't have a controversy between us, right? You'd be alright with that.

When you make the kinds of statements Owens made and then back off of them... well, in my neighborhood we called you some names if you did that. To start a fight, then throw up your hands and pretend there IS no fight, well, what do YOU call that?

I call it being a first class pu$$y.

I think before YOU decide what's a controversy or not, maybe you ought to put yourself in the shoes of the guy on the other end of Owens' "non-controversial observations."

Fact is, Philly fan, TO could rob a bank, and most of you apologists would say "He didn't rob anyone,, he just needed some bus fare."

i understand he's having a great year, and none of you Eagle fans want to say he's being a really crappy person about this whole Garcia thing, but seriously,, at least see the forest for the trees.

he's a great WR. he's also a loudmouth prick who said some things that should get him his ass kicked. And now to pretend that the MEDIA is trying to start a controversy when there isn't one there? I mean, come on.

What do you think... we're all that stupid?

~Bang

Originally posted by pr11fan

TO is an arrogant snot. Anydoubts were put to rest in the PK interview on inside the nfl this week. Classic Owens at the end of the interview.

King: "Do you take any responsibility for anything that happened in San Francisco

Owens: :As if in shock: "No"

Apparently it's everyone's fault but TO's. Oh and to the Eagles fans, he may not be a criminal but that doesn't make him any kind of decent person or excuse some of the stupid and obnoxious things that he does. TO lacks any semblance of class.

It's people like you who will make it even more enjoyable to watch T.O. light up your secondary ...... twice....

The man has NEVER been involved in one single off field incident... he volunteers his time to help alzheimers.... he lobbied congress to increase funding for alzheimers research.... yeah, you're right.... he has no class....

And what's even more funny to me .... is that you all are sitting here bashing T.O. for his comments about Garcia...... I would be willing to bet that a very large portion of people here have made that exact same implication..... or sat in a room and heard it and said NOTHING to their buddy when they said it..... . don't even try and deny it...... you've said or heard the "Jeffy" ... or "Garthia" pronunciation be it watching highlights or at a Fantasy Football draft, whatever....

and you probably justify it by saying... "Well I didn't say it in public... it isn't on record" .....

guess it's just a good thing that none of you are world class atheletes w/ reporters hounding you and sticking microphones in your face by the dozen at every possible chance..... if you were the focus of the media for a week, month, year.... you really think you would come out absolutely squeeky clean ?

If he wasn't on your team, you'd be bashing him to. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by TerpsEagles

And what's even more funny to me .... is that you all are sitting here bashing T.O. for his comments about Garcia...... I would be willing to bet that a very large portion of people here have made that exact same implication..... or sat in a room and heard it and said NOTHING to their buddy when they said it..... . don't even try and deny it...... you've said or heard the "Jeffy" ... or "Garthia" pronunciation be it watching highlights or at a Fantasy Football draft, whatever....

and you probably justify it by saying... "Well I didn't say it in public... it isn't on record" .....

guess it's just a good thing that none of you are world class atheletes w/ reporters hounding you and sticking microphones in your face by the dozen at every possible chance..... if you were the focus of the media for a week, month, year.... you really think you would come out absolutely squeeky clean ?

That's exactly the point...last time I checked none of us had a voice in the National Media...well maybe Bang :D It doesn't make it right if you sit at home and make those comments but for a national figure that supposed to be a "role model" to kids then he better damn well watch his mouth. It isn't wrong to hold these people to a higher standard.

Originally posted by Isifhan

That's exactly the point...last time I checked none of us had a voice in the National Media...well maybe Bang :D It doesn't make it right if you sit at home and make those comments but for a national figure that supposed to be a "role model" to kids then he better damn well watch his mouth. It isn't wrong to hold these people to a higher standard.

Not to mention the fact that we're not ex-teammates with Jeff, nor have we had any kind of personal relationship with him.

Originally posted by Isifhan

... oh, i see... so those of you who say the exact same thing, probably worse.... you AREN'T classless..... you aren't horrible people.... you are just fine, b/c the media didn't catch wind of what you said...... effing hilarious

The man has NEVER been involved in one single off field incident... he volunteers his time to help alzheimers.... he lobbied congress to increase funding for alzheimers research.... yeah, you're right.... he has no class....

That's great, but does excuse his behavior? NO

Does it resolve all the head aches, and personal pain he caused his coaches and team mates in San Fran? NO

Does it excuse him creating locker room distraction is San Fran? NO

Does it mean he can't be blamed or take responsible for his actions? NO

Do you think in private Andy Reid is cool with Owens repeated comments about this weeks opponents QB? :laugh:

I've actually enjoyed watching and hearing errell this season. The fact that he's happy seems to have taken the "edge" off his personality and he's been quite cheery and funny. I LOVE that "bird dance" he was doing on TDs. Hilarious!

However, Jeff Garcia has been a man about all this and T.O. needs to shut up about it.

Eagle fans can't see where him falsely calling out a man's sexuality in the media is a bad thing. I understand the "homer" mentality, but c'mon...

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by herrmag

Not to mention the fact that we're not ex-teammates with Jeff, nor have we had any kind of personal relationship with him.

and again... great rationalization..... it's okay for you to sit around w/ your buddies.... and refer to Garcia as Jeffy or Garthia b/c you were never his teammate..... nice double standard.... wether you are in the media's eye or not... you can't say that he is classless or a bad person for his comments if you yourself have said the same thing...... he is guilty of bad judgement for when he said them and to who..... but no different than any of you who say the SAME THING about Garcia

as for a personal relationship with him.... hey, that's your business :D

and by the way..... any of you Skins fans hear Fred Smoot on 98 rock very shortly after this whole T.O./Garcia thing came out in the media..... your boy Smoot flat out threw Garcia under the damn bus..... I noticed nobody had a problem w/ that...

Originally posted by bubba9497

That's great, but does excuse his behavior? NO

Does it resolve all the head aches, and personal pain he caused his coaches and team mates in San Fran? NO

Does it excuse him creating locker room distraction is San Fran? NO

Does it mean he can't be blamed or take responsible for his actions? NO

Do you think in private Andy Reid is cool with Owens repeated comments about this weeks opponents QB? :laugh:

Bubba, I couldn't give a rat's azz about what T.O. did in San Fran..... honestly..... he has been nothing but a great addition to the Eagles...... you all keep hoping for him to blow up..... I'll keep watching him blow up in the end zone.....

and I guarantee you that as long as he keeps posting 100+ yard games and catching touch downs, Andy Reid is just fine with him..

Originally posted by Bang

i understand he's having a great year, and none of you Eagle fans want to say he's being a really crappy person about this whole Garcia thing, but seriously,, at least see the forest for the trees.

he's a great WR. he's also a loudmouth prick who said some things that should get him his ass kicked.

Yes - he's being a really crappy person about this whole Garcia thing.

Yes - he's a loud-mouth p**** who said some things that should get him his a$$ kicked (if anyone can catch him to do it).

Yes - he is generous with his time and money to causes he supports.

Yes - he has absolutely no social skills and the media kills him on it.

Yes - he probably does completely believe the things he says.

Yes - none of this impacts his performance on the football field.

Yes - a lot of what he says is indefensible, so I won't bother to defend him. It's not possible.

He has a long track record. If you don't like what he says, don't listen. I never listen to or read about his latest comments - there is nothing new there, it the same crap re-hashed yet again which the media uses to get reactions and build the story. The only thing I care about is his performance on the field. Believe me, he's easy to ignore if you really want to.

and again... great rationalization..... it's okay for you to sit around w/ your buddies.... and refer to Garcia as Jeffy or Garthia b/c you were never his teammate..... nice double standard.... wether you are in the media's eye or not... you can't say that he is classless or a bad person for his comments if you yourself have said the same thing...... he is guilty of bad judgement for when he said them and to who..... but no different than any of you who say the SAME THING about Garcia

as for a personal relationship with him.... hey, that's your business :D

and by the way..... any of you Skins fans hear Fred Smoot on 98 rock very shortly after this whole T.O./Garcia thing came out in the media..... your boy Smoot flat out threw Garcia under the damn bus..... I noticed nobody had a problem w/ that...

Not true. I believe Smoot was called out about that on this very board. There's no chance I find that thread, but you're absolutely right. He did. However, if the media brought it up again, I doubt he would blame the media for the comments ;)

Archived