Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Definition of a Arsehole...T.O.

Bozman777

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

Why? What I'm wondering is why someone like Owens always gets blasted by other teams fans/the media, when people like Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, Leonard Little, Randy McMichael, Jeff Garcia, get DUIs, sell/take drugs, beat their wives, and people talk about Owens like he's a scumbag. Go find something that suggests he hasn't been a model citizen off the field and get back to me.

Strange? Yes. Loud? Definitely. Arrogant and Obnoxious? Most of the time. A scumbag? Hardly compared to many in the NFL.

Any time you make an unwarranted personal attack on one of your fellow team players to me you are a scum bag. You are a scum bag because you play a team sport but act like a self centered adolescent. In the article TO blames Garcia for what exactly?.....poor stats? He isn't complaining about making the playoffs, he isn't complaining about making the super bowl, he complained about stats. To then make excuses about your stats and say it is the direct result of another player is just down right classless. Then to suggest he is a homosexual and have that published is even lower. If I were Garcia I'd find that boy a nice pair of cement shoes. If TO had a motive or a decent goal with all his trash talk I could understand. To me it just appears he wants to make excuses why his stats aren't up to snuff. What a pri**.

Originally posted by TexasEagle

Who the hell cares? So Owens doesn't like Garcia, what's the big deal?

Get back to me when he kills somebody (Little/Lewis #1), drives drunk (McNair/Garcia) or gets involved with drugs (Williams/Lewis #2). Until then I don't care if he talks trash about his old QB, he's not hurting anybody unlike any number of other NFL players I can name.

I think Texas Eagle likes to play with little childrens extremeties.

That was just a test...........please follow.

I'm TO talking to you Garcia. How classless am I now that I have personally attacked you for no reason? The point is....you gotta probelm you say it to my face. Putting it in the paper is just coward.....I don;t care if he thinks he is telling just the truth.....get a life TO.

????

BS spin yeah, ok whatever

That's right- I'm keeping my eye on you- I know the game.

You start sneaking in stuff like "And Reid isn't happy about this"- pure speculation and actually contrary to published quotes and reports. Just saying you don't need to embellish.

T.O. hasn't ripped apart the Eagles as you almost pleadingly predicted in the off-season...They knew what they were getting and they knew how to handle it. This is not a surprise to them.

The comments are stupid and T.O. is a jerk- he just is- but the team is fine and he has only made one "personal" attack on Garthia.

It was in poor taste and stupid to say to a magazine, but nothing that any of us hasn't speculated on before.

It's over- it's done with. The title of this thread is pretty much accurate, IMO, but we all knew this 5 years ago- not exactly news.

Darrell Green is apparently one of the biggest jerks in football, but that is easily overlooked because his charity actions and how he produced on the field.

:wtf:

Perhaps he is, perhaps he isn't. I figure that most pro athletes (I said most, not all) are egotistical pricks. However, not all of them run to the media and prove it.

The point is....you gotta probelm you say it to my face.

Oh, from what I heard, he had know problem saying "Jeff, you are terrible" right to his face...:laugh:

In fact, I heard it quite a been when T.O. was "mic'd up" the last couple years.

I think that is stupid too, but just pointing out T.O. isn;t a coward- he just hates Garthia.

Originally posted by herrmag

:wtf:

Perhaps he is, perhaps he isn't. I figure that most pro athletes (I said most, not all) are egotistical pricks. However, not all of them run to the media and prove it.

The media runs to Owens, he just doesn't care what he says, or how it's portrayed, he's going to say what he feels anyway. Sometimes I wish he shows a little more constraint, but he says what he believes.

Originally posted by f_dallas

That's right- I'm keeping my eye on you- I know the game.

You start sneaking in stuff like "And Reid isn't happy about this"- pure speculation and actually contrary to published quotes and reports. Just saying you don't need to embellish.

T.O. hasn't ripped apart the Eagles as you almost pleadingly predicted in the off-season...They knew what they were getting and they knew how to handle it. This is not a surprise to them.

The comments are stupid and T.O. is a jerk- he just is- but the team is fine and he has only made one "personal" attack on Garthia.

It was in poor taste and stupid to say to a magazine, but nothing that any of us hasn't speculated on before.

It's over- it's done with. The title of this thread is pretty much accurate, IMO, but we all knew this 5 years ago- not exactly news.

T.O. hasn't even been on the team a whole year yet. And they're winning! Wait a year or two when they are having a down year and see how he reacts. He didn't mouth off when San Fran was doing well. The measure of a teammate is how he reacts in the face of adversity.

Guest Matt Kyriacou
Originally posted by The Consigliere

He's a complete scumbag

Yeah, but he will always have a special place in my heart for his desecration of the star.

:point2sky

T.O. hasn't even been on the team a whole year yet. And they're winning! Wait a year or two when they are having a down year and see how he reacts. He didn't mouth off when San Fran was doing well. The measure of a teammate is how he reacts in the face of adversity.

I agree that this product can't be evaluated until its all said and done, but there were a lot of people on this board saying T.O. would rip this team apart. In fact, through only 5 gamnes, he has made them much better and has flourished with his new QB.

I don't care what the hell he does, if the Eagles win a super bowl. If that happens, he can burn the city down next year for all I care.

Originally posted by TerpsEagles

And what's even more funny to me .... is that you all are sitting here bashing T.O. for his comments about Garcia...... I would be willing to bet that a very large portion of people here have made that exact same implication..... or sat in a room and heard it and said NOTHING to their buddy when they said it..... . don't even try and deny it...... you've said or heard the "Jeffy" ... or "Garthia" pronunciation be it watching highlights or at a Fantasy Football draft, whatever....

and you probably justify it by saying... "Well I didn't say it in public... it isn't on record" .....

guess it's just a good thing that none of you are world class atheletes w/ reporters hounding you and sticking microphones in your face by the dozen at every possible chance..... if you were the focus of the media for a week, month, year.... you really think you would come out absolutely squeeky clean ?

He published it in a book. If talking into a microphone is manslaughter then publishing a book is murder. It is totally classless to publish something like that about someone else over stats. TO isnt a waste of talent he is a waste of a potential NFL role model. He always has to have the last word. I detest people like that becuase usually their last words comes out of the stinky chute.

Originally posted by sonsofwashington

He published it in a book. If talking into a microphone is manslaughter then publishing a book is murder. It is totally classless to publish something like that about someone else over stats. TO isnt a waste of talent he is a waste of a potential NFL role model. He always has to have the last word. I detest people like that becuase usually their last words comes out of the stinky chute.

..how about those last words that came out when he went before congress and lobbied to increase funding for Alzheimers research ?

I can't believe the pr!ck went and did that......

guess it's just a good thing that none of you are world class atheletes w/ reporters hounding you and sticking microphones in your face by the dozen at every possible chance..... if you were the focus of the media for a week, month, year.... you really think you would come out absolutely squeeky clean ?

One problem, T.O. is not a world class athelte in my opinion. He is an :moon: hole.

The fact that he lobbies for charity is very respectable but you can't help an old lady cross the street while you have a knife in another mans back and expect to be a class act. That is how I feel about it, maybe its cool to backstab where you come from as long as the old lady doesn't get hit by a bus (not Bettis :) )?

How did all you eagle fans feel when Jeremey Shockey called the TUNA a homosexual? Seriously answer that question and we may reveal more truth then yall are willing.

Originally posted by bubba9497

But did anyone say Smoot was right??? Please show me.

NO he was wrong. PERIOD. no double standard. But it isn't a repeated problem, nor has he created problems with the media or locker room. You can't reasonably compare Smoots one screw up to TO's repeated behavior.

No one is saying you can't like TO. But excusing him for his actions, and pretending his is not wrong, or because he plays football it is right is the double standard you keep screaming...

and another point about Smoot. Read his statements about the Offense during the past losing streak. Read where he takes the blame for not doing more to help the team. Now go back and read TO statements when the 49ers lost and he didn't get enough passes as he wanted. There's the difference.

TO is still talking about Garcia even though they are both on different teams WHY??? TO so far has had success in Philly, until he shows maturity through adversity.. don't tell me how TO has changed or isn't a problem. A test of ones character shows during adversity... and TO's history clearly shows he adds to the problem, rather than stepping up to help solve the problems.

The reason Smoot wasn't a big deal, is because he's not a quarter the player TO is. Smoot is nothing to the media, half the league doesn't know the guy is alive.

Originally posted by sonsofwashington

The fact that he lobbies for charity is very respectable but you can't help an old lady cross the street while you have a knife in another mans back and expect to be a class act. That is how I feel about it, maybe its cool to backstab where you come from as long as the old lady doesn't get hit by a bus (not Bettis :) )?

How did all you eagle fans feel when Jeremey Shockey called the TUNA a homosexual? Seriously answer that question and we may reveal more truth then yall are willing.

I don't like Shockey, but I respect his abilities and work ethic.

Owens may be a problem, but he's our problem, and we appreciate having him, as I'm sure the Giants do Shockey.

Originally posted by Bang

So I guess if I sat in here on this message board and said that you were gay and that you had lousy skills and were not very good at what you do, then we wouldn't have a controversy between us, right? You'd be alright with that.

When you make the kinds of statements Owens made and then back off of them... well, in my neighborhood we called you some names if you did that. To start a fight, then throw up your hands and pretend there IS no fight, well, what do YOU call that?

I call it being a first class pu$$y.

I think before YOU decide what's a controversy or not, maybe you ought to put yourself in the shoes of the guy on the other end of Owens' "non-controversial observations."

Fact is, Philly fan, TO could rob a bank, and most of you apologists would say "He didn't rob anyone,, he just needed some bus fare."

i understand he's having a great year, and none of you Eagle fans want to say he's being a really crappy person about this whole Garcia thing, but seriously,, at least see the forest for the trees.

he's a great WR. he's also a loudmouth prick who said some things that should get him his ass kicked. And now to pretend that the MEDIA is trying to start a controversy when there isn't one there? I mean, come on.

What do you think... we're all that stupid?

~Bang

What are you talking about? We are talking about a game, not a fight. If it was a fight, I'm sure TO would keep talking. But the fact is, wouldn't you want to keep this from being a distraction?

Originally posted by jakehunter

Taylor is nothing compared to TO.

Great post. You're really adding a lot to this thread. Please keep your intellectually stimulating insights coming as we are all holding our breath awaiting the next one :rolleyes:

EL, I think that was the point of the thread. Nobody can discount his ability on the field. However, his character is the subject of debate.

Originally posted by herrmag

EL, I think that was the point of the thread. Nobody can discount his ability on the field. However, his character is the subject of debate.

Right. I realize he isn't going to be liked by those outside of Philadelphia, but I think he is a better person than some believe. He needs to use more indiscretion and improve his social skills though.

I don't like Shockey, but I respect his abilities and work ethic.

Owens may be a problem, but he's our problem, and we appreciate having him, as I'm sure the Giants do Shockey.

So what your saying is that it is uncalled for/classless, but you are willing to look over it because he can play football. I am cool witht that......love the athlete.......respect the person.

As an athlete you gotta love TO.....as a person.......well I guess opinions are like TO's.........opps I mean........well you know....everyones got one. :)

BTW Eagles fans...we can agree to disagree as opposing fans. If I only had fellow skins fans then this message board would not be as intersting. PEACE!

Honestly, this is ALL Jeff Garcia's fault...... . seriously, if he just wasn't so damn gay we wouldn't be here having this discussion.... we could still be bashing/defending T.O. for his tirade on the sideline against Greg Knapp !!!!! Damn Garcia ... you damn Nancy boy....

ph34r.gifph34r.gif

Disclaimer:

I AM KIDDING IN THIS POST

.... no need to get upset.... nothing to see here... move along, move along....

Calling someone gay (especially when the accusation is unfounded) is abhorable. I don't think any Eagle fan applauds the statement. However, if you can "overlook" that one comment, I think you would find that T.O. is a genuinely good person. The comment was probably made in jest, but nevertheless, it shouldn't have been said. I agree with TE in that we, as normal people, have no idea what it is like to have the media pry into every word that we say. T.O., as a veteran, should have known not to say anything months ago, BUT the media is definitely making the story this week bigger than it needs to be. Come Monday October 25th, it'll all be forgotten. Do I think T.O. or Shockey or MeShawn are "perfect" people? No. Sumbags? Not by any stretch. But wouldn't sports, as an entertainment outlet, be boring if the athletes didn't have such engaging personalities?

Archived