Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Definition of a Arsehole...T.O.

Bozman777

Originally posted by bubba9497

Question.

In the real world if you publicly accused a co-worker of being gay, or screamed in public at your boss, or passed the blame for your actions on someone else.. Would you still have your job?

Even if you weren't a criminal and had done charity work?

;)

WTF ? Sports do NOT equal the real world.... this is a stupid analogy.... hey Bubba.... if you "Held out" from your real world job for say.... a few weeks or months b/c you wanted more $$$ ... think you would still have your job..... EVEN if you did some charity work ? (see Ramsey, Sean Taylor, etc... )

If you went WEEKS w/o performing well..... in fact, downright doing your job horribly, would you still have your job ? (see Brunnell)

Originally posted by TerpsEagles

Bubba, I couldn't give a rat's azz about what T.O. did in San Fran..... honestly..... he has been nothing but a great addition to the Eagles...... you all keep hoping for him to blow up..... I'll keep watching him blow up in the end zone.....

and I guarantee you that as long as he keeps posting 100+ yard games and catching touch downs, Andy Reid is just fine with him..

I bet you any amount of money Andy Reid is not fine with it, no matter how well TO plays. It is a distraction from the game, it brings a personal problem into his locker room, and it is bulletin board material for the Browns.

Originally posted by herrmag

Not true. I believe Smoot was called out about that on this very board. There's no chance I find that thread, but you're absolutely right. He did. However, if the media brought it up again, I doubt he would blame the media for the comments ;)

....yeah, he was really "called out" .... here is your thread..... a lot of people saying he's the man and loving the interview and a few who didn't even hear it try to put it on T.O. ... now THAT is funny.....

I heard the interview.... he wasn't alluding to T.O.... he answered it flat out and threw Garcia under the bus.... and he wasn't kidding..... but hey, he's a Redskin.... so it's all good, right ? I'm done w/ this thread

Smoot 98 Rock thread

WTF ? Sports do NOT equal the real world.... this is a stupid analogy.... hey Bubba.... if you "Held out" from your real world job for say.... a few weeks or months b/c you wanted more $$$ ... think you would still have your job..... EVEN if you did some charity work ? (see Ramsey, Sean Taylor, etc... )

If you went WEEKS w/o performing well..... in fact, downright doing your job horribly, would you still have your job ? (see Brunnell)

:rolleyes: Sean Taylor didn't hold out

you are really stretching aren't you. News Flash when I said IF this was the "Real World" that means I already acknowedged Sports people get by with breaking the rules :doh:

But TO was wrong, and try to excuse him because he can catch a football is wrong. The fact that you are going so far out of your way to try and justify his action shows YOU KNOW he is wrong.

Believe that it won't cause problems in Philly, just like people in San Fran said he didn't cause any problems there when it was happening, but now sing a different tune. TO is a model citizen when all is going well. If the Eagles Start to lose and he doesn't get his numbers lets see how he reacts then. ;)

... oh, i see... so those of you who say the exact same thing, probably worse.... you AREN'T classless..... you aren't horrible people.... you are just fine, b/c the media didn't catch wind of what you said...... effing hilarious

Reread my post bud...I said it didn't make it right if regular joe's say it ;)

In the real world

You lost me right there, Bubba.

In the real world, people go to jail for their crimes, grown men don't wear fur coats and sunglasses indoors, and Hummers don't have a factory option for 40 inch rims and 2 dozen TVs.

The rules for the "real world" don't apply to athletes.

Everything and anything that has been reported this week about T.O./Garcia has been the same recycled crap that is all carryover from the off-season. He's shut his trap about Garcia- period.

Reporters are DYING to get him to say something and he won't.

Do I like that he has to be such an ass on these issues? No- but we all knew what he was before he got to Philly.

The real question was whether or not the team could control him- which they have done masterfully.

The popular sentiment this past off-season was "T.O. is a cancer and will destroy the Eagles". That hasn't happened so far...so far, mission accomplished.

:But TO was wrong, and try to excuse him because he can catch a football is wrong. The fact that you are going so far out of your way to try and justify his action shows YOU KNOW he is wrong.

...yeah Bubba.... i ALSO went out of my way to dig up the post where you all discussed Fred Smoot saying the EXACT SAME THING about Garcia on 98Rock and surprisingly enough... you all really LIKE Smoot......

Homer double standard.... enjoy your bye week.

peace

....yeah, he was really "called out" .... here is your thread..... a lot of people saying he's the man and loving the interview and a few who didn't even hear it try to put it on T.O. ... now THAT is funny.....

I heard the interview.... he wasn't alluding to T.O.... he answered it flat out and threw Garcia under the bus.... and he wasn't kidding..... but hey, he's a Redskin.... so it's all good, right ? I'm done w/ this thread

Smoot 98 Rock thread

Uhhh, how many people actually said it was good that he said it? I actually counted at least 4 posts that said it was not good that he did. Thank you for posting the link and proving my point.:rolleyes:

I bet you any amount of money Andy Reid is not fine with it, no matter how well TO plays. It is a distraction from the game, it brings a personal problem into his locker room, and it is bulletin board material for the Browns.

from the Philly paper:

While Reid and McNabb lauded this week's opposing quarterback, they also defended their star receiver and tried hard to stay out of the squabble between Owens and Garcia.

"That's between Jeff and T.O.," Reid said. "They have their differences. I think both of them have moved on, and I think T.O. has put that behind him and I think Jeff has put that behind him. They're doing a good job in both their spots."

yeah, sounds like Andy is just waiting for the time bomb to go off....... go ahead and spin now Bubba...... i can just imagine....

Bubba: "Well of course that's what he'll say in the paper... But in the locker room I'm sure he hates what T.O. is doing"

whatever

Originally posted by herrmag

Uhhh, how many people actually said it was good that he said it? I actually counted at least 4 posts that said it was not good that he did. Thank you for posting the link and proving my point.:rolleyes:

and how many people either didn't post in the link, or posted and said nothing about Smoot....

4 whole posts ... WOW.... and they said it was "not good" ...... there are more than 4 on the first page of this one saying T.O. is a classless azz for the same thing ? How many other threads have been on this board bashing him for the same thing ?

thanks for proving my point....

Smoot says it = not good by a small minority

T.O. says it = he a classless pr!ck and everything that is wrong w/ the NFL

is that about right ?

Uhhh, how many people actually said it was good that he said it? I actually counted at least 4 posts that said it was not good that he did. Thank you for posting the link and proving my point.

I just read through that whole thread and counted the responses:

Smoot was great/hilarious: 6

No mention of anything- neutral: 30

"Not cool": 1

I wouldn't say that was proving your point, but I'm not even trying to make a point here- just showing the breakdown.

Of note, there were two posts that said something about Smoot being wrong for calling Kordell gay, which I marked in the neutral.

...yeah Bubba.... i ALSO went out of my way to dig up the post where you all discussed Fred Smoot saying the EXACT SAME THING about Garcia on 98Rock and surprisingly enough... you all really LIKE Smoot......

Homer double standard.... enjoy your bye week.

peace

But did anyone say Smoot was right??? Please show me.

NO he was wrong. PERIOD. no double standard. But it isn't a repeated problem, nor has he created problems with the media or locker room. You can't reasonably compare Smoots one screw up to TO's repeated behavior.

No one is saying you can't like TO. But excusing him for his actions, and pretending his is not wrong, or because he plays football it is right is the double standard you keep screaming...

and another point about Smoot. Read his statements about the Offense during the past losing streak. Read where he takes the blame for not doing more to help the team. Now go back and read TO statements when the 49ers lost and he didn't get enough passes as he wanted. There's the difference.

TO is still talking about Garcia even though they are both on different teams WHY??? TO so far has had success in Philly, until he shows maturity through adversity.. don't tell me how TO has changed or isn't a problem. A test of ones character shows during adversity... and TO's history clearly shows he adds to the problem, rather than stepping up to help solve the problems.

Originally posted by Isifhan

I may be mistaken but didn't Smoot say he called Kordell and apologized about the remarks after he said them...I think Garcia is still waiting for that phone call.

did he call Garcia as well.... or is Garcia waiting for a call from both Smoot and T.O. ????

did he call Garcia as well.... or is Garcia waiting for a call from both Smoot and T.O. ????

Um...sorry I didn't realize I would have to spell this out for you...let me rephrase

I think Smoot called Kordell after he made that comment....I think Garcia is still waiting for A SIMILAR PHONE CALL FROM OWENS.

That clear it up?

from the Philly paper:

While Reid and McNabb lauded this week's opposing quarterback, they also defended their star receiver and tried hard to stay out of the squabble between Owens and Garcia.

"That's between Jeff and T.O.," Reid said. "They have their differences. I think both of them have moved on, and I think T.O. has put that behind him and I think Jeff has put that behind him. They're doing a good job in both their spots."

yeah, sounds like Andy is just waiting for the time bomb to go off....... go ahead and spin now Bubba...... i can just imagine....

Bubba: "Well of course that's what he'll say in the paper... But in the locker room I'm sure he hates what T.O. is doing"

whatever

you already know the truth. why should I have to add to it. :laugh:

Originally posted by Isifhan

Um...sorry I didn't realize I would have to spell this out for you...let me rephrase

I think Smoot called Kordell after he made that comment....I think Garcia is still waiting for A SIMILAR PHONE CALL FROM OWENS.

That clear it up?

I understood what you were saying quite clear... and I rephrased it and actually added an additional thought to it..... see how that works......

let me clear it up for you..... Smoot bashed Garcia AND Kordell....

you said he called Kordell and apologized... you didn't say he called Garcia..... even though he said the same thing about him as T.O.

You implied that Garcia is waiting for that call from T.O.

I asked if he should be waiting for that call from T.O. AND Smoot

That clear it up ?

Originally posted by Blazers21

Yes - he's being a really crappy person about this whole Garcia thing.

Yes - he's a loud-mouth p**** who said some things that should get him his a$$ kicked (if anyone can catch him to do it).

Yes - he is generous with his time and money to causes he supports.

Yes - he has absolutely no social skills and the media kills him on it.

Yes - he probably does completely believe the things he says.

Yes - none of this impacts his performance on the football field.

Yes - a lot of what he says is indefensible, so I won't bother to defend him. It's not possible.

He has a long track record. If you don't like what he says, don't listen. I never listen to or read about his latest comments - there is nothing new there, it the same crap re-hashed yet again which the media uses to get reactions and build the story. The only thing I care about is his performance on the field. Believe me, he's easy to ignore if you really want to.

So another words TO is an a-hole with good receiving skills. If you eagle fans had just admitted this from the start look at how much time we could've saved. :)

Going back and reading the thread I remember now.... :laugh:The Smoot interview was a parody of TO comments, and was done tongue in cheek... not actually calling anyone out as TO did. Still doesn't make it right.

but hey lets not let facts interfere with your spin. and I read comments by posters not happy with Smoots comments even knowing he was joking. So please stop trying to diffuse TO's comment by comparing it to Smoots. Apple and Oranges.

:laugh:

I understood what you were saying quite clear... and I rephrased it and actually added an additional thought to it..... see how that works......

let me clear it up for you..... Smoot bashed Garcia AND Kordell....

you said he called Kordell and apologized... you didn't say he called Garcia..... even though he said the same thing about him as T.O.

You implied that Garcia is waiting for that call from T.O.

I asked if he should be waiting for that call from T.O. AND Smoot

That clear it up ?

I don't understand why Smoot would have to aplogize to Garcia when the whole point of him saying it was mocking TO

you already know the truth. why should I have to add to it.

Now, Bubba- darnit- you have enough to make a point that T.O. is wrong for saying those things about Garcia, whether people agree with you or not.

Now, to fortify that argument, you are adding the B.S. spin.

Just stick to the facts- you have the quotes you need to make your point.

Originally posted by f_dallas

Now, Bubba- darnit- you have enough to make a point that T.O. is wrong for saying those things about Garcia, whether people agree with you or not.

Now, to fortify that argument, you are adding the B.S. spin.

Just stick to the facts- you have the quotes you need to make your point.

???? :wtf:

BS spin :rolleyes: yeah, ok whatever

I'll keep this simple. I believe Owens is a good person. My reason for holding such a belief is simple. I watch how he acts with charities, how he funds alzheimer research, how he appears genuine when he speaks, and how he has treated the fans of Philadelphia. Now, that doesn't mean I approve everything he's done, but I will say this: put yourself in his shoes. He had that tirade on the sidelines because the team was losing and he felt he could make them better but wasn't getting the opportunity to do so. He goes off on the coaches. Garcia calls him a cancer. This was before TO said anything. Owens blacklists players and media members when they criticize him, and he doesn't let them hear the end of it. That's what has happened with Garcia, and while I wish he'd move on, I frankly couldn't care less if he has a problem with the guy as long as he keeps producing.

It's clear you guys don't either. Darrell Green is apparently one of the biggest jerks in football, but that is easily overlooked because his charity actions and how he produced on the field. You overlook how he treats people off the field because of some of his other actions. I'd say that Owens is a better person than Green, though I doubt I'd get anyone to admit that here.

Going back and reading the thread I remember now.... :laugh:The Smoot interview was a parody of TO comments, and was done tongue in cheek... not actually calling anyone out as TO did. Still doesn't make it right.

but hey lets not let facts interfere with your spin. and I read comments by posters not happy with Smoots comments even knowing he was joking. So please stop trying to diffuse TO's comment by comparing it to Smoots. Apple and Oranges.

:laugh:

...wow, you not only get 98 Rock down in Roanoke, VA, but you actually listen to the Sports Junkies in the morning ?????

did you hear the interview first hand ? Seriously... if not, you have nothing to comment on other than other Skins homers interpretation of the interview....

Archived