Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Assuming Ramsey starts....will Parcells

NoCalMike

Do you think Parcells is going to go with what worked last year and continually send 8 men in to get to Ramsey, especially on the first few series to try and rattle Ramsey? I am not saying that approach would work, because we would hand the ball off and burn then on the sellout blitz, but I think Parcells might just try to spook Ramsey right from the get-go. However, if Ramsey beats that blitz EARLY, it will build his confidence.

Since the cowgirls don't have a second string coach that I know of I'm going to assume Yes parcells will start.:D Oh that's not what you meant? Sorry the title confused me. Actually yeah I think intially they'll bring 8 but I expect Parcells to adapt to that quickly. I think our success will depend on whether we can stretch the feild. If we can make them respect the pass we will be able to run the ball effectively. Just my take.

Will Parcells stop eating the leftover morning doughnuts during late night meetings?... Apparently not.

But I think he will send the dogs if it doesn't hurt their run D. They'd have to want to pressure Ramsey into more hasty decisions. I'd think they have enough info on the weaknesses after those last 2 games. Ramsey and the receivers better work over their execution because they are going to have to make some plays in order for the offense to get points.

I hope the Redskins D can help them out with some big plays of their own.

Somethign that everybody is hinting at here but not really outright saying.

The Gibbs offence is based on the running game. However, if it's all running and the short stuff, then the Defence can take most of it away. Just as much of the Gibbs offence is based on the play action bomb to keep the D honest (if you remember, in 91 all 3 receivers went for over 1000 yards on the season). Until this team gets that part right, it's going to be long Sundays for all of us.

Parcells will test Ramsey early. The equalizer is the respect that

Parcells has for Gibbs play calling.

I do expect the see the Cowboys blitz to the weak side of

of the OL. The Giants exploited this area. Wherever the H-Back and TE lined up, the Giants blitzed the other side. Doing this they

caught Portis before he could get going.

They will blitz all day long. Our line will have to do a better job than they did last year, that is for sure. Our running game is better, so hopefully we can make that work.

Spare said:"Just as much of the Gibbs offence is based on the play action bomb to keep the D honest (if you remember, in 91 all 3 receivers went for over 1000 yards on the season). " Although Ramsey is quite capable of those bombs, I do hope his thought process is better this week.......and no mental mistakes when looking to throw those bombs.

Blondie

Among other things, Parcells eats turnovers for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It will be all important for Ramsey to throw the ball away or take the sack if necessary. His pocket awareness will also have to improve in order to avoid sacks and not fumble when hit. If he can avoid turnovers, I like our chances.

Originally posted by Jimbo

Among other things, Parcells eats turnovers for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It will be all important for Ramsey to throw the ball away or take the sack if necessary. His pocket awareness will also have to improve in order to avoid sacks and not fumble when hit. If he can avoid turnovers, I like our chances.

Ramsey HAS to play smart! I agree he will have to throw the ball away.........not throw it to a defender.

I hope he takes deep breaths before each snap.......calm his nerves and get oxygen to his brain.

Our defense won't be able to hold the cowboys if our offense constantly has 3 and out.

Blondie

They are going to blitz him silly. Why wouldn't they? Ramsey has never shown he can deal with it on the most basic level. And you can't blame it all on Spurrier's awful blocking schemes. Case in point: Ramsey starts against Dallas last year, gets blitzed and hit so many times he has to come out. Hass comes in and they blitz him too -- thing is, Hass instantly spots the open receiver and throws the ball toward him. He didn't complete it, but that play showed me an awful lot. Hass, a guy literally one week off the street, could find the open receiver quicker than PR. Scary stuff. I hope Monday is a very different story. Come on, Pat! You've got a cannon and a big heart -- just play with a little smarts and the job is your's for years.

Archived