Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(MERGE) NEWS FLASH: Stephen Davis out 2-5 Weeks w/ knee injury

KevinthePRF

He was actually drafted in my league this year so now i have to see about a trade and some lube...

I drafted him in my league too just in case, but a few other leagues I had to go quickly pick him up. Try a trade and maybe he'll do it before he finds out all of this.

I picked up DeShawn Foster for my fantasy team. Who would you guys start Foster or Duce Staley?

Staley is playing the Ravens I think.

Foster is playing the Chiefs!!

Did you see the size of those holes Griffin was running through against the Chiefs!

I'd start Foster in a heartbeat.

Originally posted by Skins26

That does suck I hope he can come back.

But for my fantasy team on the other hand, DESHAUN FOSTER, i knew it'd pay off!

Watch the Panthers the next few weeks folks, its breakout time, Foster is about to tear up the NFL, wait and see. I've been waiting for this ever since he became a pro, he started to really come out last year, but this is his real chance.

He'll be banged up in a week or two. He has all the talent in the world. He just can't stay healthy.

Well this just goes to show how the breaks even themselves out eventually. Carolina won 6 or 7 games that were decided by less than a TD last year.

This year, in less than 2 games they've lost their best 2 offensive players. Just bad luck, but probably still evening itself out.

If my theory is correct, imagine how many good seasons we should have ahead of us at some point!

Originally posted by China

He was only available in one of my leagues but I did manage to pick him up. My for RBs are now C. Portis, C. Martin, F. Taylor and D. Foster.

:)

..you must be in an 8 team league ? No ? Either that or you got some chumps in your league.... there isn't a way in hell you would be able to get those 4 on one team in my league.... Portis, Martin, and Taylor were all gone by round 2

Originally posted by TerpsEagles

..you must be in an 8 team league ? No ? Either that or you got some chumps in your league.... there isn't a way in hell you would be able to get those 4 on one team in my league.... Portis, Martin, and Taylor were all gone by round 2

It's a 10 team league.:)

Hmmm...I wanted to post a Stephen Davis comment but it appears I've stumbled onto some kind of "fairy-tale football" thread instead.

Anyway, how is it Davis has managed to avoid the label "injury prone" to this point? The past three years he's missed time due to some nagging injury or another.

I don't mean it as a criticism; I like the guy plenty. But it's starting to seem like maybe we let him go at just about the right time. Definitely seems to be on the downside of his career now.

That's why I got a kick out of media a-holes saying stuff at the beginning of the season like, "Boy, too bad Gibbs doesn't have Davis now!" or "Too bad they got rid of Davis - he would tear it up under Gibbs now!" Luckily the acquisition of Portis has quieted that talk.

Maybe, just maybe, letting Davis walk wasn't the free agent apocalypse the national media made it out to be.

Originally posted by McMetal

Maybe, just maybe, letting Davis walk wasn't the free agent apocalypse the national media made it out to be.

I think perhaps given the situation last year it wasn't the worst move in the world. Face it ... even if he had been on the roster Spurrier wouldn't have used him like he should have. And it was going to tie up an awful lot of money to keep him. Long term, too, which was risky considering his tendancy for injury and fumbling.

I like Stephen Davis. Always did ... he's a class guy. But it didn't bother me too much for him to walk.

Hope he recovers quickly.

You know after watching the Panthers/Packers game last Monday, maybe this will be a lift and not a let down for the Panthers. I mean Davis did not run that well last week and Foster seemed to look a little faster. I also like Foster catching the ball a little better than Davis. Yes I am a hugh Skins fan, but I lived in Charlotte for 8 years so if I have a second team it is the Panthers. I also like Jake and would like to see him play well.

That stinks for SD....still have his jersey. Not suprising, but stinks for him. Foster will do well for them. The only league he is available in out of my 4 teams is the one I have Edge/Griffin/McAllister/Gordon.....damn.

I have a trade in one league for him that will be shot down now...damn.

:pint:

Archived