Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mark it down and take it to the bank....

Tom [Giants fan]

Originally posted by DieselPwr44

Tom may not be too far off here. I've been a Skins fan for over 22 years and if I've learned anything at all it's that the Giants always have given us trouble. Division rivals tend to do that, regardless of records.

Earlier in the week, Art alluded to the fact that for the past few years, the Redskins don't cope with success all that well. Though I think that will all change with Gibbs back at the helm, it does take time to change the culture of a team.

I hope my beloved Skins win this weekend but it wouldn't suprise me if the Giants sneak this one out. Some of our players may be too busy looking towards the Monday night meeting with Dallas to truly focus on the task at hand. Let's hope that isn't the case.

:2cents:

Good Luck Tom. Here's to no injuries :cheers:

I'm with you, Diesel and Art is right. Redskin FANS (over the past 5-10 years) don't handle success well either. We assume the boat is turned around with every win. Spurrier won some games too and each time we all changed our season record predictions. :)

The Skins are 1-0, not 4-0 or 8-2. The Giants are 0-1, not 0-5. This is a division game and Coughlin may be acting like a tyrant but he will get that team to play together at some point and week 2 could be the start of a surprise for the rest of us.

I feel like we SHOULD win this game, but our team also has a history of beating the "good" teams and blowing it against the "bad" teams. I need to see Gibbs change that before I get ****y.

Tampa had NO WRs that could start anywhere else. NY has Toomer, Hilliard and Shockey. Tiki Barber IS better than Charlie Garner. This game IS being played in the Meadowlands.

Let's look at this as a BIG game, fellow Skinfans. I can already tell who's looking past the G-Men from reading this thread.

:nono: Tsk, tsk. :)

For those who asked, it has been said that there is being made a lot more than there is to it with Coughlin being a tyrrant. Michael Eisen of giants.com bashed Terry Bradshaw for mocking Coughlin fining Strahan for being only three minutes early.

I think you guys are going to see a different and proud Giants defense this week. I'm not expecting the '86 Giants defense but definitely better than what was shown this past week.

My biggest concern is that the Giants lost Carlos Emmons due to a groin injury. They lost Stoutmuire for the year but he was splitting time so that shouldn't be a big blow to the secondary.

I am still very confident that the Giants will display a strong showing this week. By no means winning by a huge margin but like I've said, by four or five points.

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Not shock value, just how I feel. I think you guys are putting way too much into what happened to the Giants last week. They made some key mistakes which cost them the chance to be in the game. Warner's fumble at the three which was totally unforced is something I am expecting not to happen again. And I really believe the Giants will be able to move the ball against the Skins' D.

The thing I am very worried about is Clinton Portis. The Giants D looked lost last week and I don't know how much they are going to be able to improve in one week. Will Allen admitted that some of the players a bit lost still but they are learning more and more each week. I think they learn enough to squeeze out a four or five point victory at home in the pouring rain.

The Giants can't afford to be lost on defense. That's not a good sign and not a problem that can be solved in a week.

I admit the Giants do have some good offensive players - Tiki, Shockey and Toomer, but the Skins do too with Portis and Coles.

The Skins defense was absoultely suffocating, although it was not against the greatest of offenses. The Giants will do a lot better on offense than the Bucs.

The problem is they won't do nearly as good on defense. Both teams have good offenses, but, unless the Giants right that ship in a week, only one team has a good defense. And it is not the Giants. Advantage: Redskins.

Some say that the Giants have a good offense and so do we but the Giants OL is horrible and will be exploited badly this week. If one of the 2 QB's in this game is going to be sacked 5 or more times which one will it be? And which one is known for fumbling the ball and getting very eratic once the pressure starts coming?

The only way NY has a chance in this game is if they can deal with Williams' defense and Coughlin never could when he was in Jacksonville with a better OL and a better set of offensive players in general.

Originally posted by bulldog

Giants are on a downtrend based on what seems to be happening in their locker room.

I agree that the Giants may come out with a furious first quarter to try and make up for last week, but over 60 minutes if the Redskins maintain their cool and play a disciplined game, the Skins talent will prevail :)

The Giants corners can't keep up with Coles and the Skins other pass receivers including Cooley and Portis (who I think will be used out of the backfield more this week) and the Giants defensive front doesn't seem to have much beyond Michael Strahan to hurt the Redskins.

On the other side of the ball the Skins appear to have a good matchup with Williams' pressure scheme against the Giants rather mediocre offensive line.

Warner at 33 is an immobile qb who won't be able to escape Arrington, Washington and the Skins other rushmen.

Redskins 24 Giants 13

I'm with you on that.

I predict a lopsided victory this Sunday.

I see the Eagles edging the Vikings.... Vikings are a different team on the road... especially outdoors.

If the Browns can beat the Ravens.... I think they'll surprise the Cowboys this week as well.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

The Redskins are not good enough for ANYONE to say, "I'm not worried about this game".

Period.

This being the NFL, I think you can pretty much plug the name of any of the 32 teams into that statement and be correct. "On any given Sunday..."

Tom please, for the love of god, bring back the N/I ron dayne sig pic (nice pickup on the eli fumble), the shockey one makes me ill, whats so funny? whats he doing with his other hand? dawkins doesn't seem to be in any hurry to get up. pleeeeeeezzz.

cowboys 0-2 giants 0-2 eagles 1-1 redskins 2-0

Just remember at this time last year Belichek was a tyrant and his team hated him ... supposedly.

The Giants have a few things going for them that the Bucs did not. They have far better WRs, a far better TE and a better RB. They are at home. They are coming off a loss.

I do think Williams is licking his chops over that Giant OL, and if we can get to Warner and knock him around a bit we should be able to cripple thier passing game. However, Tiki will get more than 25 yards rushing, and I don't think we'll be able to tee off on the QB like we could agains the Bucs. Also no 12th man this week disrupting the Giants' audibles.

We should win this one, but I suspect it will be a lot closer than some here think.

The Giants oline is a mess, and Williams will blitz from every angle. Warner is going to get pummelled, and when Eli comes in he's going to look like a deer in the headlights. Skins win 24 - 10.

I also have a feeling that the Vikes are going to pull off what would be a big upset against the Eagles in a high scoring game. Moss will have his way with the Eagles corners. Owens will have a big game too, just not big enough. Should be an exciting game.

The Browns will come crashing back down to the reality that they are not very good. Pukes win.

I hope Warner lasts the whole game. Rookies sometimes step in and have the game of their life. Gus Frerotte and Patrick Ramsey immediately come to mind.

No, I hope Coughlin sticks with Warner, we sack him 6 or 7 times, get a few fumbles and an INT or two. Let Eli stay on the bench and learn. :)

Originally posted by Henry

I hope you're right.

But then again, that statement could just as easily be pointed in our direction.

I hope I'm right and wrong. Vermeil's players revolted because of his harsh training camp and his never ending list of rules, much like coughlin, but then he pulled back, won a superbowl and is regarded as one of the nfl's best coaches. So on this front I hope coughlin doesn't follow suit and pointed in our direction, Gibbs doesn't need to be "the Fuhrer" to get respect from his players, already hes a step ahead of Vermeil's three years to the superbowl timeline. We also saw in Gibbs first stint that he was able to build a competive team in a year. I don't think this giants revolt thing is as big as the media is making it out to be, but any division within the giants ranks is a plus on our side of the ball.

I just can't wait to see coughlins sour pickle face on the back of the NYpost come monday morning and the headline 0-2

Archived