Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can't Wait for Tomorrow to be OVER....

RonJeremy

I am going to the game tomorrow night and want the Skins to win but....I am sick of the pre-season and paranoid about a major injury. I just want the first teamers to get a little work in and move on and get ready for the ones that count!

Anyone feel the same way???...:paranoid:

Originally posted by HarCo

The preseason is way too long. I can't believe that before the season was extended to 16 games, SIX preseaon games were played. Scale it back to two and go from there.

Agreed...it is not good for the NFL to put their stars at this much risk for games that don't count.

Originally posted by worm

According to Greg Williams, the starters and guys the coaches think have a chance to make the team will play as long as the Falcons starters are in there. Which I don't think will be very long. I'll be there.

According to our web site (which got this from Mora himself) our starters wont play very long at all. The offense will only play 2 series at most unless the first drive is lenghty (guessing this means over 3 conversions). The defense, however, will be rewarded by only having 1 series IF they get a three and out. If they don't, they will play one more series unless the Skins opening drive is very lengthy. I'm with you guys, for me the win or loss doesn't matter to me, I want everyone (who's left) to be healthy. We've already loss Hall for 6-10 weeks, don't need much more.

Originally posted by KenF

Playing pre-season helps to ensure a higher quality of play during the regular season.

I don't completely agree with that. Pre-season may ensure a higher quality, but it has also been responsible for some of the worst injuries & the most damaging affects of those injuries to a team. Look at the Falcons last year. Once Vick went down, they were done. The Jets had the same problem. I think pre-season is WAY too long & should be shortened. They play a quarter of a season in pre-season & what takes 4 games to figure out, can be figured out in 2. That's just my opinion, tho.

:cheers:

Originally posted by Falcon Bebop

NC, what part of NoCal you live in, I stay in North Sac.

Edit: Just saw that you're in Sac too.

I live in Natomas. I used to watch the Skins games at McGees on sunrise every week for the past 5 years, but the just shut down. I am in contact with a few of my buddies and we are trying to decide on what place to start going to.....Cheers is really close to me, but I might end up going to Players on Sunrise, or Mandangos on N. Sunrise/Douglas.....I am pretty sure our opener is on NATIONAL TV though since it is the highlighted game and the 49ers don't play until the afternoon so it won't be bothering the Skins game.....however we will see, I am prepared to go wherever I need to to see the game...

Oh, did you get tix for the Skins/Niners? I did:cheers:

Archived