Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When a whooping is good.

Art

I looked at this game as simply the Rams playing their 3rd preseason game and the Redskins playing their 4th.

The Rams were using it as a dress rehearsal at home, and the Redkins were just trying to get through the game with no injuries.

Simple as that.

Can't take too much from a game like this.

Originally posted by Ken

Dude,

you have some issues.

You may want to see someone about them. I would never put ANYTHING Redskins on my body, not even a burning Redskins emblem.

To each their own i guess.

Just remember, to me, that Cowboys emblem looks pretty cool. It makes it seem like the Cowboys are on fire, like a major streak over the skins or something.

I might have to get one.

Well, like my sig says, It's not an obsession, it's a lifestyle. And, to be honest, I didn't do it for you to understand or ANY Cowboys fan, for that matter. I did it because that is how strongly I feel about my team & my teams arch enemy....why am I explaining this to you anyway? In a couple of years, you'll be a Packers fan or a Titans fan...how could you possibly understand?:D

Aside from that, if you want this art, you'll have to pay me for it...;)

:wewantd: :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :wewantd: :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :wewantd:

Art sorry you are so wrong.

No Gibbs team gives up over 400 yards offense in the preseason. We looked terrible out there, he even said after the game he blamed himself for everything. Guys were just going through the motions because they thought they were the bomb against Miami. Ramsey was terrible, we had no pressure at all on the QB from our DL, and Taylor was shown you just can't beat everyone, Holt toasted him good.

We had so many missed tackles, even if they were backups or not they were pathetic tonight. Luckily this is preseason but we didn't look good, and the only good from this is I don't think we can be any worse.

Originally posted by Ken

I looked at this game as simply the Rams playing their 3rd preseason game and the Redskins playing their 4th.

The Rams were using it as a dress rehearsal at home, and the Redkins were just trying to get through the game with no injuries.

Simple as that.

Can't take too much from a game like this.

You're being generous in my estimation considering your team preference :) This performance will not be brushed off lightly. The Redskins are going to get hammered this week like they did on the field tonight. That is the positive to take from this game for Redskins fans.

Originally posted by jbooma

No Gibbs team gives up over 400 yards offense in the preseason. We looked terrible out there, he even said after the game he blamed himself for everything. Guys were just going through the motions because they thought they were the bomb against Miami. Ramsey was terrible, we had no pressure at all on the QB from our DL, and Taylor was shown you just can't beat everyone, Holt toasted him good.

We had so many missed tackles, even if they were backups or not they were pathetic tonight. Luckily this is preseason but we didn't look good, and the only good from this is I don't think we can be any worse.

JB,

Gibbs blames himself even when we win.

It's his thing. And, more, it WAS his fault. By greater design than perhaps you appreciate. Guys were just going through the motions because they thought they were the bomb against Miami. That's the entire thrust of my post. And Gibbs and Williams knew that was a characteristic of the team tonight. They did almost nothing to help them overcome this belief and having lost, I suspect, deep down, the coaching staff will share a uniform smile this evening.

Perhaps I'm wrong on that. I just recall how Gibbs operated last time he was here. He used experiences like this to teach. Whether he willed this experience to happen or whether he recognized it was happening and decided to see what the response was I don't know. I do know that from a teaching, coaching perspective, this is a perfect thing to have happened.

As you say, we looked terrible. There's two weeks to remind the guys of just that fact.

How do you guys feel about having to play 5 preseason games?

I didn't know that any team had to do this. Preseason is too long as is, let alone having the "priveledge" of playing an extra game because of the HOF game.

Not much good can come out of your 5th preseason game, IMO.

Originally posted by Ken

How do you guys feel about having to play 5 preseason games?

I didn't know that any team had to do this. Preseason is too long as is, let alone having the "priveledge" of playing an extra game because of the HOF game.

Not much good can come out of your 5th preseason game, IMO.

This is the second time in three years we've had five preseason games. It blows. Especially because it does throw the timing off. Last week against Miami our starters were in longer than theirs. This week, their starters were in longer than ours. Next week, I'd expect the starters to play a series. Maybe :).

Originally posted by jbooma

:ahhhhh: :ahhhhh: :ahhhhh:

You can almost hear the terror in his voice, can't you? I mean, if he were speaking that is...:laugh:

JB, here, :high: that should help you relax.

Originally posted by Art

This is the second time in three years we've had five preseason games. It blows. Especially because it does throw the timing off. Last week against Miami our starters were in longer than theirs. This week, their starters were in longer than ours. Next week, I'd expect the starters to play a series. Maybe :).

I really think the teams that open up the preseason at the HOF game should skip the last week of preseason and get the extra time off.

I don't see why two teams should be forced to play 5 games. It doesn't make any sense. I'm sure any team in the NFL would love to just be able to rest up and prepare for their opening weeks opponent.

Otherwise, what is the incentive to play the HOF game?

Originally posted by SkinsFan2456

How would we describe Springs' performance had he made an INT on that ball that hit him in the hands?

Had he made the INT, it would have pushed his game into a very good one. He only gave up a couple of mid-range outs, and another play where a guy was open but was missed. An INT in there turns a so-so game into a good one.

When the full defensive team was in the rams did very little. There were no big plays and we were successfully pressuring Bulger. AND this was without LaVar Daniels and Barrow. After the first couple of series the Skins replaced most of the starting front 7 on defense and lef the back four. What we saw was predictable in this situation. If we play passive defense and don't get a good push on the qb, wr's like the rams' will kill us. I think only a couple of defensive players from the second half will even make the team.

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

Art, I don't know if yo've had a chance to see this recap from William's post game interview or not. I think you'll like it.

:)

I hadn't seen it. Now that I have I feel even better about this post. The comments Williams made seem very much in line with my thinking as to what he was doing out there and what he hopes to accomplish from this.

Lott did make at least one play. There was a toss to his side, he came flying in and blew up the FB and the HB's angle. The support guys easily cleaned it up.

It was interesting to see Bowen playing with the backups. I'm wondering if that's more a message or a reflection on his play.

The defense didn't appear too concerned about what the offense was doing. It was as if Gregg Williams was saying, in a Spurrier-like fashion, "Look, you do what you want. We've got to work on these basics." Thus, the repetitive blitzes that we've seen several times, and more tellingly, the lack of a game plan on Holt.

I'm encouraged by Ramsey's play. He was never too far off target and seemed to make good decisions with the ball. Of course he missed some throws, but as he started to warm up everything else went south. You could see on the throw to Jacobs he was starting to get a little bit of confidence just in the way he planted and threw.

Brunell is the safer choice right now for QB, though it's obvious that Ramsey will be the QB once he gets comfortable. But Gibbs is too smart to announce a starter now, especially if it was Brunnell. What happens if after announcing Brunnell as the starter this week he gets hurt? Ramsey's teetering confidence becomes shattered, and becomes even more ineffectual in trying to lead the team. No, Gibbs is playing it smart.

Originally posted by Octane67

Art's post was one of the best I have read since the game....

Just wanted to resurface it...... :)

Thanks!!! If you hadn't, I would probably have missed it. It was very good, and just what a lot of the doubting thomas's on this site need.:cheers:

Archived