Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sanders a Raven? What if...

sydshobob

Okay, so it looks like Deion is going to the Ravens. I don't know much about the inner workings of the NFL but couldn't the Chargers squash this deal?

The way I understand it, the Chargers still hold the rights to Sanders. I heard some talking head say the Ravens would have to give up something to get him. If that's true, what's to stop the Chargers from simply asking for the moon from the Ravens, just to keep him from signing? Marty busted his balls once by claiming him off waivers, now he can do it again.

Now if this was baseball in the 70's, Commissioner Bowie Kuhn would simply say "that's not in the best interest of baseball" and force the Chargers to give him up (sorry, I still hate that guy and that edict after all these years). Would Tagliabue do something similar?

I dont know how all that mumbo jumbo works, but I personally would love to see him on the Ravens so Gibbs could line up 3 recievers tight and pull a guard or H-back toward Sanders over and over again.

I think he will get toasted more times than not when he comes back anyways. Hes lucky to have Ed Reed helping over the top since he cant put his hands all over the reciever all the way down the field anymore.

Originally posted by rdsknbill

They're talking about bputting Sanders in off the line to be able to "jam" the receivers. I just want to see the POS get run over. :finger:

What ive heard is that he'll just be a nickel and that could suit him fine. He always played better in space vs. bump and run.

Two years ago Deion was interested in playing for the Raiders in their run to the superbowl. We released him to the waiverwire and Marty picked him up again. As much as I hate Marty, I hate Deion more and am glad he was stopped. All he wants to do is play for a team that has a chance to give him another ring.

Originally posted by SkinsFanMania

Two years ago Deion was interested in playing for the Raiders in their run to the superbowl. We released him to the waiverwire and Marty picked him up again. As much as I hate Marty, I hate Deion more and am glad he was stopped. All he wants to do is play for a team that has a chance to give him another ring.

correct. Al Davis asked Snyder to release him and he did. Marty claimed to prevent his division rival Raiders from getting him.

I could be wrong here, but I don't think the Chargers have his rights. If it works the way I think it does, the Chargers claimed him, but since they didn't sign him, he becomes a free agent. Kind of like rookies, if you draft someone and they don't sign, you don't get their rights the next year, they would go back into the draft Ii think.

Originally posted by TankRizzo

I could be wrong here, but I don't think the Chargers have his rights. If it works the way I think it does, the Chargers claimed him, but since they didn't sign him, he becomes a free agent. Kind of like rookies, if you draft someone and they don't sign, you don't get their rights the next year, they would go back into the draft Ii think.

Actually, I think someone may have hit on the answer earlier - if his original contract with the Skins expired, that would seem to make him a FA. One reason I asked is because I know I heard some football guy say the Chargers would be compensated. So either he's wrong, or we're missing something somewhere.

It's probably a moot point though - I think it was Corey Fuller who just said he talks to Sanders everyday and he (Sanders) says he's not coming. We'll see.

Archived