Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jake Delhomme

bird_1972

Who do you think will score the first Regular Season Touchdown in 2004?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will score the first Regular Season Touchdown in 2004?

• Laveranues Coles
    • Rod Gardner
    • Taylor Jacobs
    • Chad Morton
    • Darnerien McCants
    • Clinton Portis
    • Walter Rasby
    • James Thrash
    • Marc Brunell or Patrick Ramsey
    • Defense
    • Someone Else

Is this guy the real deal, or just a flash in the pan? I didn't see the game vs. the Gints but reports make it sound like the Delhomme to Smith combo is legit.

Would love to hear the boards thoughts on this. I really like the guy and am pulling for him.

Delehomme isn't the most physicall gifted QB but he makes good decisions and has a good chemistry with his team. Could you stick him in any system and watch him excel? Probably not.

Can he run the panthers offense, get his WR's the ball, make good decisions, and rally his teammates...definately.

Is he the real deal...IMO the jury is out but for the panthers he is. He and his team are definately productive when he's the QB.

Delehomme is a very good QB. He may not deliver the highlights, but he does keep his team in every game. He is better when his team needs him to be then most QB's in the league.

Also he looked amazing against the Giants.

I think people put to much stock in numbers and physical ability, and not enough on the only stat that matters; winning. Delehomme doesn't care if his team runs the ball all game, or asks him to pass. He does what needs to be done and let's his team shine. That is far more important then being able to run like a deer or fire missles down field.

Delhomme, I don't think is a top five QB, while I wouldn't say he will win you a bunch of games on his own, he deffenitly won't loose you any. He has nice touch and he seems to understand the system he's playing. He could be a major name for some years to come.

For those saying he's only average and not physically gifted enough to be "special"...

Another QB everyone knows made plays within his team's offense and never did anything "special" other than get the ball to his guys to make plays. He didn't run well or have a particularly strong arm. He won 4 Super Bowls under Bill Walsh.

I think Jake will continue to be a great QB in this league.

Remember, the Giants were without all three of their starting LB's and one of their starting DE's in Keith Washington. The Giants pass coverage in the short game was weakened by the absence of Green and Emmons.

The Giants defense looked bad but like I said, were missing key starters which affected everyone.

But, Jake D. did look good with his passes. He, like lots of other QB's looked shaky when pressured but that wasn't too often. I don't see how you can't say he is the real deal.

Jake Delhomme is like Kurt Warner was a couple of years ago. Delhomme went from 3rd stringer on an average team to a couple of plays away from the Super Bowl all in the same year. Unbelievable! My prediction for this year is MAJOR exposure of this guy. I don't think he has the goods and I predict a lot of those moon shots he threw up last year that went for completions will be INT's this year.

Steve Smith on the other hand is a real surprise. He is a pro bowler IMO.

Originally posted by bird_1972

Is this guy the real deal, or just a flash in the pan? I didn't see the game vs. the Gints but reports make it sound like the Delhomme to Smith combo is legit.

Would love to hear the boards thoughts on this. I really like the guy and am pulling for him.

He's a Gibbs type of QB. Not the best athlete but he plays smart and doesn't make mistakes that will hurt his team. Stephen Davis is the key to his and the Panthers success.

Aren't we happy that the ol' Ball Coach let him go?

I don't know how good Delhomme is, I mean they had a good run last season and they played well in a preseason game, but I don't know if that means he's a hell of a QB.

I'm sorry, Steve Smith will never get any props from me, that dude gets on my nerves.

Originally posted by Destino

Delehomme is a very good QB. He may not deliver the highlights, but he does keep his team in every game. He is better when his team needs him to be then most QB's in the league.

Also he looked amazing against the Giants.

I think people put to much stock in numbers and physical ability, and not enough on the only stat that matters; winning. Delehomme doesn't care if his team runs the ball all game, or asks him to pass. He does what needs to be done and let's his team shine. That is far more important then being able to run like a deer or fire missles down field.

He reminds me of Phil Simms in alot of ways. And his disposition is like his too.

Originally posted by Avg Joe

I'm sorry, Steve Smith will never get any props from me, that dude gets on my nerves.

You mean you weren't impressed when he punched an unsuspecting team mate in the face once the lights were out in a team meeting?

Originally posted by Rocky21

You mean you weren't impressed when he punched an unsuspecting team mate in the face once the lights were out in a team meeting?

Hahaha I really started to dislike him in when they played the Skins last year and he ran his yap every time he caught a pass. The one that really stuck in my craw was the long high jump pass he caught on Champ. Then yesterday all those antics in a preseason game....

dude Jack Delhomme is the real deal from what i saw last night... he has all the smarts and tools to be a good/great QB in this league... however it is yet to be seen if he can keep it up though... at current status i would take Delhomme prolly over any QB on the our roster at the moment...

Archived