Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Camp reports -- NEED THEM. Contest inside for $100.

Art

I want ALL the damn camp reports possible guys. If you attend camp, it is YOUR DUTY to go home and type up everything you saw. You should even take notebooks to take proper notes. Digital cameras are appropriate. Don't let us down.

We need good reports.

So, here's the deal.

When you write a camp report, put in the subject field:

Camp Report -- (Date) Morning/Evening Practice

Try to keep that form uniform so we know what we're looking for. Now, because camp reports are well read and commented on, I don't really want to merge them all together. I'd like each report to be a stand alone thread so no one is searching for what happened within a 1000 post thread.

Here's the kicker.

The BEST camp report wins a prize.

I'm thinking $100 cash money.

Ultimately I'll decide the best. But, I may have a vote of the best and go with community spirit. Hopefully this brings some of you tentative guys into the fold. We NEED IT ALL.

If there are a couple of you at the same practice, coordinate and one of you focus on offense with the other doing defense. Make it happen guys.

Art,

I think it may be a good idea to take into account the frequency/consistency of the camp reports, so if there's one poster who reports daily info, his work should get more of a look than someone who makes a single brilliant report. Obviously this would favor those who a) don't have jobs and can go to training camp a lot and B) live near Redskins Park. Just my :2cents:

Thoughts?

Not a bad idea at all. To be honest, I'll probably put it up for vote, or at least give a list I want to have everyone pick from. But, you're right. If we have something of a camp reporter who's there frequently but doesn't quite measure up to a single brilliant post, we might have to go with the guy who's there all the time.

However, remember, I want to encourage even the guy there just once to get his butt home and write, so, I want him to think he has as good a shot at the prize as the other. Maybe I'll split the prize two ways. One for brilliance and one for quantity. I'll have to give that thought.

Originally posted by Heavy Jumbo

Gibbs might get supspicious and kick 'em out of camp :paranoid:

:laugh:

I was thinking the same thing, but I don't think Coach will show much while people are there.

Originally posted by O.S.F

Art,

It might be a good idea to at least have a daily/weekly thread. WIth the number of members likely go to training camp to see coach, we might have many reports on each day.

Just a thougth.

Depends on the number we see. If it gets out of hand, I'll probably do an end of day merge or something. We'll see how it goes.

Another step forward for the most inovative fan website ever, ExtremeSkins.com. This is too good to be your idea, Art. Your ideas usually involve signing crappy middle linebackers to big contracts. Oh just kidding, don't crush me like peanut.

Anyway, Go with a daily merge at the least. People are always foaming at the mouth for camp reports, so you know to expect roughly a thousand posts asking how is Shawn Springs backpeddeling or Taylor Jacobs quick cuts.

Please lets not post anything that may leak some of gibbs plans/ideas! He has worked so hard to keep lots of stuff secret for the benefit of this organization. If you post information or pics, please "audit" your postings so as not to tip our hat.

Originally posted by webpeznet

Please lets not post anything that may leak some of gibbs plans/ideas! He has worked so hard to keep lots of stuff secret for the benefit of this organization. If you post information or pics, please "audit" your postings so as not to tip our hat.

Gibbs is not going to tip his hand by showing secret stuff on training camp days that are open to the public. That's why he's closed practices on a number of days so they can run the secret stuff without word getting out.

Originally posted by jbooma

Art are you just going to award yourself the money ;)

Maybe. I mean, my report will be the best of course. But, if I win, I'll have to front some of Die Hard's cash to pay me and since I owe him a $100 for some cigars, it'll all work out in the end :).

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

I am gung ho about this contest. You'll see one up by noon on the first day of camp. After that at least 1 more. Getting out to Ashburn is a treak but I'll do my best on Day 1.

I live in California but I really want to compete. Is it acceptable if I make up a really good report? It'll most likely differ greatly from people who accually attended camp but it will be more satisfying because every player will look like pro bowlers.:D

Originally posted by redskns56

I'm not sure if this applies here so if it doesn't, I apologize in advance. However...

I'd like to nominate the thread linked below for the sheer brilliance of Monkey66's photography skills. He puts WP and redskins.com's galleries to shame.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66857&perpage=15&display=&pagenumber=1

I second that vote

Originally posted by Art

Sure. You guys can nominate good reports here. No problem.

Originally posted by jimster

I second that vote

Right now I have to vote for Monkey66 as well. Afterall, A picture is worth a thousand words.

IMG_2867.JPG

Archived