Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

5 Pre-Season games?

skull1669

I'd say given the fact that we have a whole new coaching staff again, the extra work can only help. It will help get the coached more familiar with the players, as well as the players get more familiar with the coaches.

Of course there is always a little more risk for injury as well.

I say no. If these games are used for what they are traditionally designed for, a tool in grading out your marginal talent. If it is used to where the UFA's and such are graded out and given a chance to show they deserve a roster spot, while the starters are given only a few snaps to get them ready for the regular season, then I see no harm.

There have been horror stories of premier players going down during preseason, but that's a roll of the dice. I don't think the starters should be put in a position where the season is at risk. But that is a risk every time you snap the ball.:2cents:

It'll help. Gibbs doesn't care much about winning pre-season games. He's more concerned about how the players perform.

I am a little concerned about the HOF game and injuries because we will not have been in camp that long so lack of conditioning may be a factor.

:cheers:

Since scrimmages are a bit different than an full game, I say this could help a good deal. The coaches have an extra game to weed out the players and tighten up the offense and defense.

Although if you know Gibbs, all you are gonna see in the early games are the starters in for 2 or 3 series and they'll be running the most vanilla offense and defensive schemes. (Ones you'll never see during the regular season) He!!, the last preseason game the starters will be lucky to play a full half.

As long as it's not of those damn games in a place like Japan, England, Germany, Austraila, or some other such far off places, it's okay

Those games seemed to mess both teams up when they play them, like last year when the Jets and Buccaneers played in Japan, they both tanked in the regular season, and a lot of that is because you have to disrupt training camp to trudge off half way around the planet to play a meaningless game

I think 5 preseason games will help us evaluate talent and get players in better "game shape." (Think week 1 of "99. :doh: )

So it will help.

However, we WILL lose at least one starter to a 5-game pre-season.

So both. Help and Hurt. :2cents:

Archived