Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could you be a Cowboy

Sad to say that some people on the board don't realize that professional football is a business. There might be a good business reason that you would not want to play for a particular team if you had the opportunity, but to turn down even a chance at millions because of sentimental attachment to another franchise would be an example of adolescent puppy love. Get real.

Everyone saying that they wouldn't play for the pukes is full of it. If you were playing football, and were one of the few athletes gifted enough to play in the NFL, then being able to play would be secondary to your allegiance to the Skins. I love the Skins too but you're telling me that if you were offered a multi-million dollar contract to play for the girls, you would gonna turn them down?

Whatever... :doh:

Oh yeah, and :dallasuck........

BUT I'D STILL LET THEM PAY ME!

What kind of question is "Could you ever be a cowboy?" what are you crazy. H*** no I could never even touch those rags the cowgirls call jerseys. I'd rather bath in molton lava then do that,or be covered in barracudas that have dull teeth. D*** I can't wait till season so threads are actually good and not these crazy questions.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

:wewantd: BRING THEM ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SKINS:logo: :helmet:

HAIL TO OUR NEW CHIEF!:notworthy

I wouldn't... Because if I was being scouted and offered millions by the Cowpukes, there would sure as hell be other teams interested... Even if they offered me like 500,000 a year, I'd go to each team and try out for the rookie minimum contract...

And I'm not "Full of it". I hate the Cowboys, a hatred that can never be subsided...

It pisses me off to see "Die Hard" skins' fans take a multimillion contract to play for the most hated team in the country. Renegade, and Matt Kyriacou I salute you two men as true real Die hards. All the rest of you I'm ashamed.:doh:

Originally posted by KDawg

I wouldn't... Because if I was being scouted and offered millions by the Cowpukes, there would sure as hell be other teams interested... Even if they offered me like 500,000 a year, I'd go to each team and try out for the rookie minimum contract...

And I'm not "Full of it". I hate the Cowboys, a hatred that can never be subsided...

o yea and KDAWG too.;)

Do you know what money does? It buys you material things, and then it materializes and molds with your being, bringing out the worst in you. Money can buy you six cars. A mansion. And can attract plenty of fun-fun-partay. Between the four people the live in my house, we have one car. Live in a townhouse. And I have a girlfriend. And I'm happy, without a multimillion dollar contract. Without football. Ya see, money buys material things, and nothing more. Food on my plate, close on my back, I already have it. And I don't need millions upon millions to live. I don't need bling bling, or any of that. I'm living right now. And I fear this idea of being rich, or worse weatlhy. Why? Because of what I'm seeing on this board right now.

Money... It bring out the worst in you. And that's about as real as it gets.

if i was a stellar athlete for the cowboys, in the offseason id just complain about some bs and try and get traded to the skins, i wont be like most of the players out there and ask for an extreme contract, only a good one that will allow me to continue playing for the skins for a while.

Originally posted by Angus

Sad to say that some people on the board don't realize that professional football is a business. There might be a good business reason that you would not want to play for a particular team if you had the opportunity, but to turn down even a chance at millions because of sentimental attachment to another franchise would be an example of adolescent puppy love. Get real.

Being that I have a tattoo on my left forearm that says "Cowboys Suck" under the Dallas star engulfed in flames & another tattoo on my left bicep of the Redskins logo...it's not a puppy love-it's an obsession! And like I said, not everyone can be bought. There a lot of things I wouldn't do regardless of how much money you threw at me. Playing for a franchise that I have hated all my life would go against everything that I have believed. To me, it would be the same as saying there is no God, when I know otherwise. If you think I'm being ridiculous, remember the tattoos.

Originally posted by Renegade7

Do you know what money does? It buys you material things, and then it materializes and molds with your being, bringing out the worst in you. Money can buy you six cars. A mansion. And can attract plenty of fun-fun-partay. Between the four people the live in my house, we have one car. Live in a townhouse. And I have a girlfriend. And I'm happy, without a multimillion dollar contract. Without football. Ya see, money buys material things, and nothing more. Food on my plate, close on my back, I already have it. And I don't need millions upon millions to live. I don't need bling bling, or any of that. I'm living right now. And I fear this idea of being rich, or worse weatlhy. Why? Because of what I'm seeing on this board right now.

Money... It bring out the worst in you. And that's about as real as it gets.

I agree. It can also bring out the best in people, but 9 times out of 10, it doesn't. Ya know, for a teenager, you got it goin' on!

:cheers:

Originally posted by 36Brian56

It pisses me off to see "Die Hard" skins' fans take a multimillion contract to play for the most hated team in the country. Renegade, and Matt Kyriacou I salute you two men as true real Die hards. All the rest of you I'm ashamed.:doh:

Hey! That's not fair! :(

:laugh:

Originally posted by SkinsandTerps

Never, ever, ever under any circumstances for any amount of money will I ever don the Cowboys colors. I would rather be shacked up with Rosie O'Donnell for the rest of my life.

I would rather be shacked up with Rosanne Barr for the rest of my life. :puke:

I will repeat. Under the circumstances that were given as part of this poll, if I had the opportunity to play football on the professional level, (something which I dreamed of as kid), and as a secondary benefit be paid to do so, you bet i would play for the Cowboys. Doesn't have anything to do with being or not being a die hard Redskins fan. How many Players out there right now are playing for teams they may have despised growing up? ( please don't tell me you think they're all playing for their favorite team).

Exactly. So do me a favor and spare the how dare you nonsense and wake up and smell what you shovelin.

Guest Matt Kyriacou
Originally posted by Park City Skins

Exactly. So do me a favor and spare the how dare you nonsense and wake up and smell what you shovelin.

Sorry man, but I hope you are speaking for yourself only. We all have our reasons for doing things. Pat Tillman walked away from the millions for love of his country and his desire to do what he felt was necessary. I could easily see myself declining the "opportunity" to play for the Cowboys. I can name a million reasons, but suffice it to say that no amount of money would be enough for me to don a Cowboys jersey.

Back when I was young and healthy and playing football, me and my team mates use to sit around and ask simuliar questions. I, being the only Redskins fan was asked if I'd play for the Cowboys, money wasn't put as a question. I'd play for the leagues minimum, and yes, if it was the Cowboys, I'd be in Big D.

It disgusts me to say it, but even now, if Jerry Jones called me, I know this will not be happening any time soon, to coach for them, I'd quit my High School coaching job today and trave to Irvin.

Matt, I will admit to putting that one out there a little srong, but I think questioning team loyalty based the hypothetical question given is more than a little over the top. For the very reason given. And as much as you missed my point it appears, perhaps I missed yours. Please tell me I'm confused about your post and that you are not comparing Pat Tillman's situation to this hypothetical one, because they are so completey different they shouldn't even be used in the same sentence.

And apologies to all if this brings this thread down.

Be ashamed of me all you want.

This is a hypothetical question. Life is real. Yes, I would take the money. And it might buy cars and mansions etc.

I am truthful. My life and those of my family come first.......long before being a Skins fan. Blasphemy you say? Oh well. I would love to be able to walk out on ANY field as a player.

Because this is hypothetical, we can give any answer we want.

I say I would take the money and play any position they wanted.

So, if y'all think I am a traitor, sorry. Just color me bad.

This fun thread got way off base.

Blondie

Guest Matt Kyriacou

Park City,

The only point that I was trying to make is that money is not the only thing to consider. Perhaps I should not have brought Pat Tillman into the discussion, but he is the only person that I can recall walking away from all that money for something that he believed in. BTW....I am 'Skins all the way, but I have been looking for a Pat Tillman jersey on eBay for a while now. That is the only jersey besides a Redskins jersey that I will wear.

I can live just fine on 52,000 per year. To play for the Cowboys would go against everything that I believe in.

Didn't think this thread would cause 4 pages in replies (well maybe 4 pages of you should be banned for life). The point of the poll was just to entertain whether u as die hard skins fan would turn to the enemy (they were the only one who would pick u up) for money and NFL fame. Very hypothetical to say the least....but hell training camp hasn't started and we need talk about something other than politics

Matt, you missed my point. Or at lest one of them. Oh yeah. You bet. Money is a factor here. I would take it. You bet. In a heartbeat. Frankly I refuse to take something like fan loyalty so seriously to the point where I would sacrifice making alot of money and in the process not being able to provide for family (and a few close friends ;) ) better than I do now. But more importantly, I won't take that loyalty to the point where I would pass up the opportunity to play proffessional football, a game that I dreamed of playing as a kid and even dream of now, ( how would it be?) and love so much. It's a good thing that many if not all the players currently in the NFL don't feel the same way some do on this thread, otherwise there wouldn't be any football to watch on Sundays and Mondays.

Archived