Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can't be Right?

HamptonVA

I just came from NFL.com and they had a poll asking who will win the NFC EAst. They got the skins coming in 3rd behind the Cowgirls and Eagles. I don't agree with this at all but over 55% of 33,000 seem to think otherwise, do you all agree with this poll and results?

:eaglesuck ,,,,,:dallasuck

To be realistic...its about right.

being a skins fan...id like to be closer to second or second in the east *lol*

new coaches, systems, alot of new players takes time for that all to come together..though what ive been reading is promising in that they are progressing nicely.

And this surprises you why?

The Skins have done jack the last 4 seasons. Why would anyone put them in front of two playoff teams to start the season?

Even I put my team behind the Cowboys and Iggles until the season starts. Thats just the way it is.

Gibbs and Co are gonna have to earn it on the field like everyone else, and thats the way it should be.

Hail Skins.

Plain and simple, until a team proves everyone wrong, they are going to be picked to finish pretty much in the same place every year. This is true even with your beloved Redskins. They have had big offseasons the past few years and have done nothing with it in the regular season.

Now, the big difference hear obviously is that Snyder actually hired himself a very good coach. But the media is still going to be hesistant to make any big predictions for the Redskins until they prove themselves. Which is to be expected.

And hey, if the Redskins do really well, you guys will enjoy it that much more and fans of other teams like me will actually start hating the Redskins. :D

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Plain and simple, until a team proves everyone wrong, they are going to be picked to finish pretty much in the same place every year. This is true even with your beloved Redskins. They have had big offseasons the past few years and have done nothing with it in the regular season.

Now, the big difference hear obviously is that Snyder actually hired himself a very good coach. But the media is still going to be hesistant to make any big predictions for the Redskins until they prove themselves. Which is to be expected.

And hey, if the Redskins do really well, you guys will enjoy it that much more and fans of other teams like me will actually start hating the Redskins. :D

Tom,

You're absolutely right. Every year, the current champion is expected to repeat. That prediction by NFL.com is how the season ended - zero additional thought. You're point about historical Redskin of seasons is valid too, however this kind of minimal thought process seems to be the standard.

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

You mean instead of chalking up an easy win? :doh:

Hopefully, those days are over.

Originally posted by ramseyskins

It's good to be the underdogs, so it shouldn't bother ya.

I agree. We have always been an underdog team, we will always be an underdog team. Let people think what they want. We will be overlooked & be able to overtake!

;)

One of the guys in the media that has constantly stuck up for the Redskins and still is sticking with his prediction about the redskins going to the superbowl is Michal Irvin, the ex coybow him self(also my guess he hates the eagles fans to death for chearing and disrespecting him so much when he almost broke his neck ).

One of the guys in the media that has constantly stuck up for the Redskins and still is sticking with his prediction about the redskins going to the superbowl is Michal Irvin

i'm no irvin fan, but this is doubly sweet cuz you know it gets under cowboyfans skin. and frankly, i'm impressed that irvin puts his loyalties aside to pick us, even though only an idiot would pick the boys in the superbowl with quincy and a rookie rb being the hope for the offense.

:logo: :point2sky :helmet:

:cheers:

You guys know that every fairweather, bandwagon cowgirl fan has crawled out from under their rocks in the last 9 months.

I would like to have a season without unrealistic expectations for a change. Its a good change of pace.

Under the radar... Lets sneak up on everyone.

I didn't know that Irvin is picking the skins for the Superbowl. That is amazing considering all the smack he talks over the years. It is also interesting that he would say that over Parcells in Dallas who has a great track record for winning and performed magic last year to get that team into the playoffs.

During the Redskins' winning years of the 1980's, John Madden constantly referred to the Redskins as the Rodney Dangerfield of the league. If that gives Gibbs an extra psychological weapon, then I am all for it :)

Originally posted by HamptonVA

YEAH, that was wrong to cheer for that, Iggles do suk !! That was bad even for a fallen Cowgurl !!

Agreed. We shouldn't be hypocrites ourselves on this site ... we are always :drool: when reminiscing on LaVar knocking Aikman out of the league.

That said, operating from a position of relative obscurity would be ideal for the Skins. That will never happen with an owner as high-profile as Snyder. So, we'll just have to let the media short-change us instead and then prove them wrong. Its the next best thing.

Archived