Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who will be your top 5 fantasy backs this year

jschlesi

I'm seriously considering going Portis #1 this year. Sometimes it's hard to tell if you're being a homer or not, but I really think he could be huge with Bugel's line.

Portis

Green

Tomlinson

Holmes

Alexander

Originally posted by WallyG3

I'm seriously considering going Portis #1 this year. Sometimes it's hard to tell if you're being a homer or not, but I really think he could be huge with Bugel's line.

Portis

Green

Tomlinson

Holmes

Alexander

I'm with you Wally...part of it is being a homer and the fact that I can finally justify grabbing a Redskin in the 1st round...but if I get a shot at Portis I'm grabbing him even if I have the # 1 pick in the draft.

One thing I'll be curious about is whether Portis gets TD vultured on the goal line. I remember that with Gibbs, he liked a big back (Riggs) to pound the ball in from the 1-2 yard line. I didn't follow Portis too closely last season because he wasn't on my fantasy team, but does anyone know whether he got the goal line carries in Denver?

If Gibbs decides to go with a goal line back, it will severely impact Portis' value IMO.

As far as top 5 fantasy backs, watch out for Ricky Williams to re-emerge as a top 5'er. The addition of Boston should help keep defenses honest.

You have to take the Priest 1st. His TD's alone make him the most valuable...plus he's such a passing catching threat that even when he struggles running the ball he can get some major yardage. And there's this: He pays attention to fantasy football...last year when people doubted his ability to recover...he made some comment along the lines of "anyone that doesn't take me first in fantasy football will regret it". He's the king....

Tomilson is always tempting, but he suffers from a bad line and from being behind all the time. Still on talent he's two.

I had Portis at 3 even before he came to the Skins...I see no reason to change that, he'll still be the number one back in a run offense. Big time stats...

After that Jamal Lewis has to get his props...he'll have another big big year...but I think his production will slide just a bit.

And while in recent years I'd have followed those four with Faulk and A. Green...I think both of those guys are on the way down (Faulk especially)....

I'd swap them with Shaun Alexander and Deuce Mcallister. I won my league with those two in my backfield last year.

1) Tomlinson - 1600 yards rushing, 100 receptions: he is the offense in SD

2) Holmes - obviously....

3) Green

4) Lewis

5) S. Davis or D. Foster - Foster will be a force very soon

fwo40, why do you think A. Green is on his way down?

Originally posted by gzcturbo

1) Tomlinson - 1600 yards rushing, 100 receptions: he is the offense in SD

2) Holmes - obviously....

3) Green

4) Lewis

5) S. Davis or D. Foster - Foster will be a force very soon

fwo40, why do you think A. Green is on his way down?

I just see the injuries finally getting him, he's been hurt for 3-4 games for the past 3 seasons. Plus now I think this will be a horrible year for the Packers' passing offense and poor Green will once again be expected to carry a huge load.

Don't get me wrong...Green will still produce, but I can't see him being the top 5 with all the other talent around.

Plus I think this is the year he misses 6-8 games with injury, and it's tough for anybody to produce when you don't play.

Originally posted by fwo40

I just see the injuries finally getting him, he's been hurt for 3-4 games for the past 3 seasons. Plus now I think this will be a horrible year for the Packers' passing offense and poor Green will once again be expected to carry a huge load.

Don't get me wrong...Green will still produce, but I can't see him being the top 5 with all the other talent around.

Plus I think this is the year he misses 6-8 games with injury, and it's tough for anybody to produce when you don't play.

And oh yeah, in leagues that penalize fumbles Green can hurt you that way too....he may not be Tiki bad...but he does cough it up a bit.

1) L. Tomlinson - Probably the best back in the game right now

2) P. Holmes - TD scoring machine

3) J. Lewis - Perfect combo of size and speed

4) S. Alexander - Will rebound from an average year

5) D. McAllister/C. Portis - Both pretty much equal (depth at RB hurts Portis)

I don't understand why everyone has L. Tomlinson so high on their draft board. He doesn't have a line, There is no QB, and no WR to keep the Defense honest, I just can't see him doing more than maybe 1,000yd rushing and maybe 500 receiving before he gets hurt in about week 12-13. But, who am I?

Originally posted by jrfriedm

I don't understand why everyone has L. Tomlinson so high on their draft board. He doesn't have a line, There is no QB, and no WR to keep the Defense honest, I just can't see him doing more than maybe 1,000yd rushing and maybe 500 receiving before he gets hurt in about week 12-13. But, who am I?

Hmm, maybe because he had 1645 yards last season with a 5.3 average and 14 TDs? Not only that, but he started all 16 games AND caught 100 balls for 745 yards and 4 TDs. Just to put that into perspective, Rod Gardner caught 59 for 600 and 5 TDs.

He's the best RB in football dude. He didn't have a line last year and he tore it up.

Archived