Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

work for redskins

apickmans

Anyone know someone that has gotten an internship or job with the Redskins organization recently? I'm a graduating senior with a marketing degree and thinking of sending my cover lettter and resume to the Redskins. It would be my dream to work for them

Originally posted by apickmans

Anyone know someone that has gotten an internship or job with the Redskins organization recently? I'm a graduating senior with a marketing degree and thinking of sending my cover lettter and resume to the Redskins. It would be my dream to work for them

I hear Snyder is a prick to deal with. You may want to rethink that.

Originally posted by bird_1972

I hear Snyder is a prick to deal with. You may want to rethink that.

I seriously doubt that an intern or entry level professional is going to have much contact (if any) with Mr. Snyder.

Charley Casserly and the former equiment manager (Jay ____ __--cant remember his name) were both unpaid interns when they started with the Skins.

Might want to find a good friend who can loan you his coach for a season and offer to work for free :)

This reminds me of a cool feature that would benefit us young, up-and-coming Extremeskiners. How about a job posting feature that could help unemployed or recently graduating students to get job info? ;) It seems like there are tons of professionals here in all different fields, and if their company has job openings available, I'm sure some posters wouldn't find it too ridiculous to look here.

If I were hiring, I would certainly welcome the free advertising, especially if it helped out fellow intelligent 'Skins fans. How 'bout it, Blade?

Originally posted by Frunobulax

They tried to get me to join the Redskins Band a few years ago, but I'd rather concentrate on the game than march around. :silly:

a dream of mine is to be in the redskins marching band. I have enough experience being in JMU's band right now. I mean, I get to march for a huge crowd, and this time march for a team I love like the skins. How did you get offered that position? I would love it.

Originally posted by apickmans

I submitted a cover letter and resume a couple of days ago. I haven't heard back yet, but if I get any further details I will let you know.

Dude, y'all should just go to Redskin park. That would show more effort than a simple fax or phone call. You might have a tough time, but if you show up a few times, they might take that as a bold gesture......

If it's marketing you are involved with, you probably won't get much to do in that department. I think outside sources are primarily used for that as far as football teams are concerned, but nevertheless, go and be sure to post what happened.....

Originally posted by Hobo

a dream of mine is to be in the redskins marching band. I have enough experience being in JMU's band right now. I mean, I get to march for a huge crowd, and this time march for a team I love like the skins. How did you get offered that position? I would love it.

JMUs band rules. I think they are supposed to be one of the best in the country, if i'm not mistaken. That should be more than enough to secure you a position in the band, I would think.

Here is a link to a site with jobs of all types with all of the NFL teams, http://footballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/default.cfm#.

I've been checking it off and on for a few years now and I have seen Redskins jobs up there quite a few times. In fact, there used to be a direct link to jobs with the Redskins but I can't seem to find the link anymore.

Originally posted by bird_1972

JMUs band rules. I think they are supposed to be one of the best in the country, if i'm not mistaken. That should be more than enough to secure you a position in the band, I would think.

haha, i wouldnt say we're necessarily the best, we are one of the best among collegiate bands, being the only Division IAA football school band to win the highest trophy available to college bands. However, there's problems on my band which totally piss me off, but then again, many of us dont really care, plus we still look good on the field. I just wanna know how I could join after college.

Don't just send your resume. Follow up with a phone call, get a contact name and call until you get thru. Be at the park everyday early morning and talk to anyone that will listen. Ask questions, start with anything. Don't ever get discouraged. You need to seperate yourself from the pack. They will respect the tenacity.

remember , Rudy started on the grounds crew at Notre Dame.

:point2sky :notworthy

Originally posted by Hobo

haha, i wouldnt say we're necessarily the best, we are one of the best among collegiate bands, being the only Division IAA football school band to win the highest trophy available to college bands. However, there's problems on my band which totally piss me off, but then again, many of us dont really care, plus we still look good on the field. I just wanna know how I could join after college.

How's Bill Posey & Brantley D. doing these days anyway =p Rooney still um...working his skills?

Graduated jmu in 2000 was in the band a couple years heh.

Originally posted by Frunobulax

They tried to get me to join the Redskins Band a few years ago, but I'd rather concentrate on the game than march around. :silly:

What do you play? The skinflute?

:doh: I'm sorry, I just couldn't pass that up...

Archived