Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

work for redskins

apickmans

Originally posted by Isifhan

How's Bill Posey & Brantley D. doing these days anyway =p Rooney still um...working his skills?

Graduated jmu in 2000 was in the band a couple years heh.

haha, wow, thats awesome. Posey is still here, Brantley actually just left the band, he accepted a head director position at the new marching band forming at CNU. We got a grad student from last year to come back and will take his position. Yeh, Rooney is still working his skills, we were just in Ireland in December, and that was one great experience.

Originally posted by Blade

Charley Casserly and the former equiment manager (Jay ____ __--cant remember his name) were both unpaid interns when they started with the Skins.

Jay Brunetti. He's with Houston now, IIRC. Think he started off actually mowing the lawns... literally. Used to come into my Dad's Barbershop as a regular waiter for one of my Dad's co-workers until he went to Houston.

Nick

Hobo, I go to JMU. I'm a Sport Management major, business minor. I'll be working with the Athletic Marketing department next year, and the stuff we have in store for football season in the burg is going to be straight nasty.

I've talked to many people and know a few in the marketing department for the Redskins. I actually interviewed up there a month ago for an internship in that department. They said they had about 300 resumes for 2 positions. I don't think I'll even get it, but it's good experience. You just gotta keep your eyes/ears open at all times.

Originally posted by cowboykilla

Hobo, I go to JMU. I'm a Sport Management major, business minor. I'll be working with the Athletic Marketing department next year, and the stuff we have in store for football season in the burg is going to be straight nasty.

dude, thats awesome, good luck on the interview at least. Im a sophomore history major right now. One question though, is the team actually gonna be good this year, as it is we shoulda fired Micky Matthews. I personally dont mind the crowds coming for the band:)

Sadly, im not much a fan of watching our school play, cause mainly, its either too easy or too hard, and it just doesnt seem that exciting. We'll see how things go next year for the team, supposedly they could be good since many are returning people.

Well, it'd help if I didn't see Lezotte out drinking every weekend. Haha, but he's a good guy at least. Our team isn't that strong, but I can see us being a legitimate basketball/football school in a decade or so (no saracasm). I think it kind of hurts us that don't just focus on one or the other, but with growing alumni #s and expansion, we'll be able to fund both in the next 10-20 years and really have something to come back to. I'm over in Southview, next year when we have some parties I'll hit you up man, we'll talk some Extremeskins.

I'm over in Southview, next year when we have some parties I'll hit you up man, we'll talk some Extremeskins.

Ahh the memories....

I hope the football/basketball team improves, they were horrible when I was there too :(

Oh, Hobo, we went to Switzerland, Italy & Pairs my sophomore or junior year...those trips always ruled. Good to see that they are still doing those.

hey cowboykilla, yeh sure, im always up for a good party, granted im not much a party person. Im always up for it though. Im gonna be in Campus Condos next year(intersection of port republic and main street). We prolly won't hold any parties, but we definitely still 'chill' a lot.

Wait, when did JMU get a football team :silly:

Originally posted by galentjm

JB didn't you go to GMU, if so you really have no room to make that comment. And FYI, JMU did win the Atlantic 10 a few years back:laugh:

Hey at least we had a winning record the last couple of years :)

I personally know of 4 people that have been 'let go' over the last 5 years - they did not have too many positive things to say about the corporate atmosphere. Sure they are sour that they got canned, but they all said that everyday was like walking on egg shells. Take it for what it's worth.

Originally posted by Alvin_Walton40

I personally know of 4 people that have been 'let go' over the last 5 years - they did not have too many positive things to say about the corporate atmosphere. Sure they are sour that they got canned, but they all said that everyday was like walking on egg shells. Take it for what it's worth.

What do you mean "walking on egg shells" Walton....care to expand?

The few people I know up there are super nice. I've been able to go up to Redskins Park a few times. One very nice person gave me a tour around the entire Park including locker rooms, tape room, etc. I've talked to many people in the department and they all say Snyder will take them all out to dinner. You still have to call him Mr. Snyder, but I've never heard a bad thing about him in such a way the press likes to do. Unless you know someone like my man above with his stories, don't believe or judge someone unless you've seen or heard it from the horse's mouth.

Walking on egg shells means that work is not a fun place to be. Very serious and very demanding. When the corporate culture is one of - you can be replaced at anytime - the results of your workforce is one of fear. Maybe Gibbs will change how the entire organization is run, but that is a huge maybe. When it comes down to biz side of running a football team, I for one believe that Mr. Snyder is 100% hands on.

I know that I haven't written anything positive about this, but I will throw in that they received game tickets on the cheap, not free but much less then the average Joe. Two worked in the Marketing Dept. and were responsible for selling corp. packages and setting up the team's golf tournaments. Like any job where you are required to meet a quota, it can very tough if you are not cutting the mustard. The other guys that I knew where in the retail aspect of the Redskins, again they had very high expectations and numbers to hit. I guess what I am saying is, ike the football team the back office of the skins expect the best and they will settle for nothing short of it. As a business man I can respect that. So if you got the skills and the passion and especially the fortitude - go for it.

Archived