Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biggest Rivarly in the NFC East!

Number5

for me the best rivalry is Giants Redskins.

Parcells/Gibbs

LT/Jacoby

Strahan/Jansen

Toomer/Champ

They win a Super Bowl, We win a Super Bowl

They pick 4th in the draft, We pick 5th in the draft

Madden and Summerall

Dave Meggett giving it to us on Monday Night

Westbrook slamming his helmet

Stephen Davis bouncing it outside and Norv hanging 50 in the Meadowlands

playing to a tie

Gus Frerotte getting slammed into the turf and out of a job

plus I have a lot of friends who are Giants fans

I wish I could say we still had a rivalry with the Cowgirls. Not to say that I still don't get all fired up when we play them, but it sure does make it hard to talk sh*t when all their fans have to say is,"so what's the record been over the last 10 years?" Man am I glad Gibbs is back.

So for right now I have to say our biggest current rivalry is Skins vs the Birds

Originally posted by Number5

I personally think that it has to be the.......(in no order!)

1- Cowboys vs. Skins

2- Eagles vs. Giants

3- Cowboys vs. Eagles

4- Skins vs. Eagles

5- Giants vs. Redskins

What do you guys think?

for the most part I would agree with you, however, recently the Skins haven't held up their end of the deal regarding the Cowboys or Eagles.

I think the Redskins- Cowgirls rivalry is one #1 in the division and #1 in the NFL. Historically, it runs at different levels of intensity. The intensity will be re-newed with Gibbs comming back and he will instill that passion into players like Portis, Arrington and Taylor, to name but a few!

:dallasuck

I like Eagles/Giants games myself.[/Quote]

September 12 baby!!!! :finger:

If we are talking about who the fans view as their biggest NFC East rival at this moment, I would say it goes like this:

Redskin fans biggest rivalry is obviously Dallas.

Dallas fans probably look at the Eagles as their biggest rivalry.

I would say the Giant and Eagle fans think they are each other's biggest rivals.

It is obviously Dallas-skins....however we have been on the losing end of that battle for some time....that being said...the rivalry is back on now...

Gibbs will pull at all of our players hearts before, during, and after the game....

when i see blue I get sick.....enough said...

eagles....whatever...we owned them forever...

Giants...i have to admit that they had our number during the gibbbs years...

can you say Joe morris....

So thats all I have to say about that...seats taken....staken....

Honestly, in recent years I would have to say Skins - Eagles. So many close games during the "Norval" era.

Hopefully with Gibbs & Parcells back the Skins - Cowboys will return to form and take its rightful place at the top...

Since the Eagles have become a division favorite I would say

Eagles against everyone else.

The Eagles - Giants

The Skins- Cowboys

Untill we stop the Eagles horde from taking over Fed-Ex we are nothing.

We have to end that $hit NOW!!!

Current biggest rivalry is Eagles vs. Cowboys - they are at the top of their games and escpecially the Eagles.

The Redskins vs. Cowboys rivalry hasn't really heated back up yet. The second game of the season it should be back in full swing. It has never been the boring fiascos of the past 5 or 6 years, with either side winning (of course Dallas ran off a string of 10 straight, so they may feel different about that :laugh: ) I just feel that there's a certain "air" and "intensity" to a rivalry, not just another game or either is down so long. It is more fun when you are playing them at their best - and that is how I recall these rivalries.

The Giants vs. Eagles is not to be forgotten either, but the most memorable in the NFC itself, is the Redskins vs. Cowboys

Skins vs. Cowboys is still considered the best rivalry in the NFL (Bless George Allen). ESPN had a poll a few weeks ago about the biggest rivalry in ALL sports. (included such temas as Red Sox vs. Yankees and Duke vs. UNC) - Skins vs. Cowboys was the ONLY NFL matchup.

Originally posted by The Rook

Skins vs. Cowboys is still considered the best rivalry in the NFL (Bless George Allen). ESPN had a poll a few weeks ago about the biggest rivalry in ALL sports. (included such temas as Red Sox vs. Yankees and Duke vs. UNC) - Skins vs. Cowboys was the ONLY NFL matchup.

And with Gibbs v. Parcells adding a new dimension, it will only continue to foster the rivalry. Hopefully, the team will gel around this and get fired up for Dallas games like the team did back in the 80s. Tough to do that with so much personel movement in the free agency era.

Archived