Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offensive Rookie Of The Year

skin_finatic

Larry Fitzgerald will win it hands down. Dennis Green is no fool. He is going to wear The Fitz out. Look out!! Here come 1300 yards and 12 TD's for The Fitz. Randy Moss had a rookie unlike anyother and Green is going to try and do the same thing. And one more thing, the Cards may not make the playoffs but they will compete for the last Wild Card spot.

so far i'm the lone vote for reggie williams, for jax. i just think he is gonna benefit from leftwhich, and they are gonna be pretty good next year. could have went roy williams, but not sold on harrington or jones.

Somehow I think that if Winslow were a Skin, he'd be touted as the R.O.Y. by everyone here.

Of course, I'm more than happy with Taylor here instead, but Winslow didn't suddenly become less talented. He's got a solid QB in Garcia there, and with the Browns giving up a 2nd rounder to move up one spot and pick him, I'd be willing to bet they feature him in their offense as much as possible.

As long as Winslow signs and makes it into camp within a reasonable amount of time, I think he'll take the R.O.Y. honors on the offensive side of the ball. Fitzgerald has a chance, but with McCown as QB it's not quite as good. Tatum Bell has a chance with the Broncos, but there are too many other backs there who could take that opportunity from him for him to be a safe bet. I'd say Keven Jones too, since the passing game there should be much improved, but with David Loverne on the line, I'm not so sure how much room he'll have to run.

I think this is an interesting year, with so many outstanding offensive talents. It would seem that Sean Taylor has less competition for the defensive R.O.Y., just because only a few of the top talents were on the defensive side of the ball. I doubt Deangelo Hall would be a candidate, in his raw state, and if Udeze's hurt he'd be hard pressed too. Usually D-linemen aren't as much of an impact as a rookie, and you would generally see the same in CBs, so I'd say Vilma could have an impact and obviously Taylor is up there too, on the defensive side of the ball.

I'd really like to choose Roy Williams because I think he's most ready to play in the NFL, but he won't get enough balls with Charles Rogers on the other side... so I'll go with the next best thing.

Kevin Jones. Just looking at who can make the most impact immediately, and who'll get hyped up... Detroit fits the bill.

I'd go with Fitz, but he'll be sharing passes with Boldin and historically WR has a steeper learning curve than RB for rookies.

I'd go with Bell, but I doubt he'll be the main ball carrier the whole season with Hearst there. Three headed attacks won't get the numbers.

I'd go with KW2, but he's a little b|tch.

That leaves Kevin Jones in Mooch's improved offense. Roy Williams and Charles Rogers will really open it up for Jones.

I really am confused with why Larry Fitz got so many votes. I find him to be a great WR prospect with good speend, soft hands, precise route running, and a hard working mentality. He is eager to learn and will be a great WR in the NFL. But with the emergence of Anaquin Boldin last year he is going to be hauling in the majority of the passes and its hard for me to imagine a rookie #2 WR amassing the production be to be considered ROY.

Originally posted by tkatz

I really am confused with why Larry Fitz got so many votes. I find him to be a great WR prospect with good speend, soft hands, precise route running, and a hard working mentality. He is eager to learn and will be a great WR in the NFL. But with the emergence of Anaquin Boldin last year he is going to be hauling in the majority of the passes and its hard for me to imagine a rookie #2 WR amassing the production be to be considered ROY.

I seem to recall Randy Moss being the #2 guy when he started training camp with the Vikings. I forgot, didn't he do OK??

Originally posted by SkinFaninOKC

I seem to recall Randy Moss being the #2 guy when he started training camp with the Vikings. I forgot, didn't he do OK??

As good as Larry Fitz is he is NO Randy Moss. And the Vikes had a well-rounded offense. A good QB, RB, and K. The Cardinals have an unproven QB, an iffy running back in Marcell Shipp and Emmitt Smith and its highly unlikely that the offense will run smoothely enough for Larry Fitz to put up ROY numbers.

Originally posted by tkatz

As good as Larry Fitz is he is NO Randy Moss. And the Vikes had a well-rounded offense. A good QB, RB, and K. The Cardinals have an unproven QB, an iffy running back in Marcell Shipp and Emmitt Smith and its highly unlikely that the offense will run smoothely enough for Larry Fitz to put up ROY numbers.

Randall Cunningham was washed up allegedly. Robert Smith was injury prone. The Vikes were 9-7 the year before their 15-1 tear through the NFC. Green may not be a fan favorite with the Vikings anymore, but he did know how to get a team to play. In today's NFL an enomoly of this kind is highly likely. Sometimes one player like Larry Fitzgerald can make all the difference in the world, like Randy Moss did for the Vikings in 1998. The Cards won't go 15-1 but they will compete in the NFC Jest.

Archived