burgess-266

green-272

d jones-240

siminoueau-234

wayne-237

sheappard-190

brown-194

yikes did someome tell reid spurrier quit

the nfc east has gibbs and parcells in it--they will both play smash mouth football --heck the skins tes weigh 250+

portis will run run run==parcell will get his runner in the draft

gibbs and parcell must be licking there chops at this light d--the last time gibbs played against a quick small d it was the denver broncos in the super bowl

also dawkins will have to play in coverage because brown and sheppard arent vincent and taylor

dont tell reid about smash mouth football--he is building a d not suited for it--way to light and small

speed is nothing at the point of attack

smash mouth football neutralizes speed

its man on man blocking and blow your guy off the line

thats parcell and gibbs type football

speed is good sideline to sideline not at the point of attack

Take a look at the 2002 Bucs defense, a lot smaller than this years upcoming Eagles D. They did okay. It's not long the birds are done either. We still have the draft where we'll add a linebacker and CB probably and we can still pick up some more players in FA.

It's not like Gibbs and Parcells have the personell to run this type of offense though. Parcells still has hambum in the backfield and Gibbs has 200 lb Clinton Portis running the ball. Hambun couldn' gain 10 yards on 20 carries and Portis can't handle 20 a game over a full season.

Their defense was PERFECT against Spurrier's offense. They didnt have to change anything, they blitzed a lot anyways.

They gave up a lot of rushing yards this past year. But they do have some guys that can collapse the play. They do some run blitzing and stuff. But if you can counter their speed and seal them off then we shouldnt have a problem moving some of those smaller bodies just a little bit and making room for CP.

Originally posted by McNabbOwnsFedEx

It's not like Gibbs and Parcells have the personell to run this type of offense though. Parcells still has hambum in the backfield and Gibbs has 200 lb Clinton Portis running the ball. Hambun couldn' gain 10 yards on 20 carries and Portis can't handle 20 a game over a full season.

A little biased are we? Let's see how many times you say that when Portis is tearing up your defense and you all start booing the Eagles at Lincoln Memorial Stadium. Hell not only that, but Portis have proved MANY TIMES he doesn't need 20 carries all the time to get 100 yard games.

There is still plenty of time left in FA and there is the draft, you think parcells won't address Hambrick? I swear you Eagle fans are so absent minded it isn't even funny anymore. You can't see past your three straight NFC Championship LOSSES for anything. TO is a nice addition, but one player won't make that much of a difference.

In due time you will probably all be wanting to trade TO. Now I am one to admit, the Redskins are not going to be super bowl bound or even playoff bound overnight, and honestly if we go 9-7 I will consider this season somewhat of a success, because I am a realist.

Originally posted by bsmsss

look how small and light the eagle d is

I'll take the Eagles defense over the Redskins every single day of the week and I dont care WHO the new coaches are in Washington. As far as I'm concerned, the only coach who has proven himself in THIS era is ANdy Reid. I'd take his defense over the Redskins any time.

I think the Redskins are in for a rude awakening.

Their LB is filing a grievance against them. What if he loses that grievance, then what? You think he's going to be like "oh well..." ? Wake up and stop dreamin'. If he loses he's going to have a sore spot with the entire Redskins organization bigger than the sun in the sky. He may even ask to be traded. And if he wins? The Redskins have to start cutting people now to make room for him and admit they were trying to steal (or at the least forgot) to give him his 6.5 million. There's a rumor I heard that he may contemplate retirement after he marries.

You got all these crazy contracts being offered to mediocre players like Cornelius Griffin, Philip Daniels, and Shawn Springs. The Redskins have about a 2 year window, probably less before they have to start cutting guys like Chris Samuels, or Arrington, and certainly Trotter and others just to stay under a cap.

Fred Smoot can't be signed back next year without cutting other important players.

The Philadelphia Eagles just signed the best offensive and defensive players available and they had 18 million under the cap to do it. I.E. they run their cap expertly so taking on a player to keep them ahead of everyone else in the division is no sweat on their cap at all.

Patrick Ramsey wants to be traded. I think the team SHOULD trade him. They dug their hole with Brunell, now go lay in it. Give Ramsey a REAL chance, not the bogus one in D.C. to play elsewhere, he's already miserable now.

The legendary coach is 63 years old, never coached in the salary cap era, has let the front office run his team into a cap mess and he doesnt even really know how its happening, specifically. He'll coach for 2 maybe 3 seasons. That 3rd season, he'll have no roster.

They spent a bazillion dollars once again, and once again they will sport one of the NFL's worst defensive lines rendering the entire team incapable of doing anything worth mentioning. Without strong lines, your team goes nowhere. The Redskins have a very weak D-Line.

I gotta be honest with you, I think the Skins have a lot of problems. Joe Gibbs is a short term fix to a long-term problem the Redskins organization has...that horrendous front office that couldnt keep a core team together if it tried. And right now, because of the strength of the division, I'm not so sure this offensive-strong but defensively-VERY-POOR Redskin team will ever be able to accomplish much. We'll see...that's why they'll play the games (which by the way, has been the PROBLEM for the Redskins once the hype of february or march is gone every year)

Originally posted by TheDevil'sAdvocate

Patrick Ramsey wants to be traded. I think the team SHOULD trade him. They dug their hole with Brunell, now go lay in it. Give Ramsey a REAL chance, not the bogus one in D.C. to play elsewhere, he's already miserable now.

Put the :bong: down.

Ramsey does not want to be traded. Ramsey will not be traded. This has been discussed to death here in the past. Bringing it up now only helps to show how bad you're reaching.

:shot:

Take a look at the 2002 Bucs defense, a lot smaller than this years upcoming Eagles D. They did okay. It's not long the birds are done either. We still have the draft where we'll add a linebacker and CB probably and we can still pick up some more players in FA.

The Bucs' Dline from '02 was far superior to the Eagles current dline. Even the Bucs great defense was exposed to be weak against smashmouth ball last year, as was Philly's.

Gibbs will turn the Skins' oline into the best runblocking line in football. Put Portis behind it with Betts, Morton, and Rock to spell him, and that's going to be a lot for any defense to handle. Portis has been very durable for his entire college and pro career. His missed only a few games to injury.

Parcell's will also build a great oline, and will probably take a back in the draft. If Dallas lands Jackson or Greg Jones, they'll bring a load with the running game.

Well in the same respect... The NFC East teams are not built for the Eagles... Especially on offense. All the TO Cancer talks can go on, but we all know is bottom line he's a top 3 wr. You can spread the McNabb overrated crap, but bottom line he's a top 3 qb. Thats pretty hard to defend. TO could have a field day with Springs.

Gonna be kind of hard for TO to have a field day when he's busy touching his toes all game long from trying to scoop up those one hoppers of McNabb's. Eagles don't scare me one bit. Reid > Fassel, Campo, and Spurrier. Pacells and Gibbs > Reid > Coughlin (possibly). I honestly am more worried about competing with the boys than I am the eagles who I feel are now a ticking time bomb with TO in the fold.

i understand, gibbs has been away for a while.

But who in their right mind thinks that reid is a better coach than gibbs?

Listen, getting to the nfc championship games 3 years in a row is remarkable, it's more remarkable how he reid hasn't figured out in 3 years how to win it.

He's good for something, getting to the game, he's not good at winning it. How many times has gibbs lost the nfc championship game?

There is an incredible difference between getting to the dance and f'ing the prom queen.

Have fun, u still have ur management.

Poordevil (is that his name?) seems to forget the Redskins have a little speed on offense as well. Philly will be using their speed running in circles trying to figure out: “which way did he go, which way did he go?”:rotflmao:

Coach Gibbs is the master of misdirection. He uses motion to discover coverage’s. The play seldom goes where the defense is expecting it to save for one play, the counter tre. With the counter tre you know it's coming, trick is to stop it. Can you say “student body right”. The thing about Coach Gibbs I love is that if the counter play is working he will run it all day long. When his opponent is rocking on their heels he finishes them off with the long ball.

It's not going to happen overnight. The players will have to be taught the system and it will take time for them to master it. When this thing does get going I get the feeling teams with the lighter D lines will see the merit of having some 325+ bodies up front.

It should not take a great while for the Redskin players to start catching the drift. The Redskins have the benifit of a top top coaching staff on both sides of the football. Coach Gibbs should be able to concentrate on getting his offense up to speed very quickly.

Originally posted by TheDevil'sAdvocate

As far as I'm concerned, the only coach who has proven himself in THIS era is ANdy Reid.

The legendary coach is 63 years old, never coached in the salary cap era, has let the front office run his team into a cap mess and he doesnt even really know how its happening, specifically.

You sound like an Fecal fan who's scared $hitless.

Andy Reid has enjoyed a weak division. Parcells comes in and beats Philly on his first try. I am not saying that the skins are going to coming in and start wining right away, but as the coaches and players get on the same page, they will.

Andy Reid also enjoys an excellent Def Coord in Johnson. Johnson is a big reason why they have won and lost. Just look at how many games their Defense has carried them. Then look at the last two conf champ games and the fact that he was out coached by the opposing team. I would say all three, but I can't remember three years ago.

folks...the iggles d has been in constant churn the last several years. where's the continuity?where's the dominant talent? once again, they have let key players go. comicly, while criticizng our FO for player signings, they have done the same thing on defense on their line and at the lb position. nope...its Johnson and his scheme that has propelled this defense. and it is our coach and his schemes that can change the dynamic. certainly, the iggles have more talent on D at this point. but it is not the kind that scares anyone into distraction. the iggles better make their move next season - the boys and skins are in cruise cpntrol to zip right past them season after next.

as for TO - he can be a game breaker...no doubt about it. but, my sense is that he is not in the same class as Moss. TO can be defensed - he doesn't present the same challenge Moss does. My lone concern is whether we have cbs with adequate size to stay with TO. if not, the iggles better put him in motion cuz he is gonna see a lot of chip hits, holding, bump & run. this aint San Fran anymore. we'll see how he does in nov/dec when it's 32 or below and he's getting nicked on every play and mcnugget is letting fly with errant pases.

Wonder if any of the current NFC East coach’s has gone up against Coach Gibbs? We know Parcels has and that Coach Gibbs does not like playing against him but what about the others? One thing is certain; this ain't "the ol' ball coach" they are competing with now.

Originally posted by fansince62

folks...the iggles d has been in constant churn the last several years. where's the continuity?where's the dominant talent? once again, they have let key players go. comicly, while criticizng our FO for player signings, they have done the same thing on defense on their line and at the lb position. nope...its Johnson and his scheme that has propelled this defense. and it is our coach and his schemes that can change the dynamic. certainly, the iggles have more talent on D at this point. but it is not the kind that scares anyone into distraction. the iggles better make their move next season - the boys and skins are in cruise cpntrol to zip right past them season after next.

as for TO - he can be a game breaker...no doubt about it. but, my sense is that he is not in the same class as Moss. TO can be defensed - he doesn't present the same challenge Moss does. My lone concern is whether we have cbs with adequate size to stay with TO. if not, the iggles better put him in motion cuz he is gonna see a lot of chip hits, holding, bump & run. this aint San Fran anymore. we'll see how he does in nov/dec when it's 32 or below and he's getting nicked on every play and mcnugget is letting fly with errant pases.

I agree with most of what you said but one part, TO will date rape just about any corner on the B&R, definately chip him and hold within that 5yd window because he's so strong off the line and after the catch, corners just can't play off him cause he'll kill you underneath, and playing zone on him can lead to him getting matched up on a safety which def ain't good. The best thing to do is find ways to frustrate him to get him out off his game, even with that said TO does at times get a serious case of the dropsies

small and light doesnt mean a thing. however id still take the skins defense over the eagles any day, save for the d-line. The linebackers equal out, but with the departure of the eagles top cb's, id say our secondary is better just the way it is.

Portis can't handle 20 a game over a full season.

He can handle 20+ carries per game, but he won't have to. After he's busted up the gut of defenses, the play action will have already been set up. Defenses will be off balance, leading to bigger runs and bigger pass plays.

Archived