Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

eagle d not built for nfc east

bsmsss

Originally posted by ccableguy

now thats just stupid.

While I'm likely to agree with you, that's one of those questions that still needs to be answered with time.

Portis averaged 17 carries per game his rookie year and last year was averaging 22 carries per game when he broke down.

I think he can handle 20 carries a game- but not if it's going to be "smashmouth" carries- he needs some seams and pitches to avoid being hit by tackles so much, IMO.

Originally posted by tex

One thing is certain; this ain't "the ol' ball coach" they are competing with now.

One other thing is also certain, Tex. "St. Joe" won't be facing the likes of Marion Campbell, Buddy Ryan or Rich Kotite either. The Eagles are a well coached, balanced, experienced team - unlike all the other Eagles teams Gibbs and Parcells faced.

This should make for some exciting football. :)

Originally posted by f_dallas

While I'm likely to agree with you, that's one of those questions that still needs to be answered with time.

Portis averaged 17 carries per game his rookie year and last year was averaging 22 carries per game when he broke down.

I think he can handle 20 carries a game- but not if it's going to be "smashmouth" carries- he needs some seams and pitches to avoid being hit by tackles so much, IMO.

Oh, he broke down, huh?

I guess Westbrook broke down, too, with far less carries - and he's considered a key cog in the Philly running game. I know I would be pretty nervous if my primary back could only carry the ball about 125 times in a season before breaking down. Especially considering the other back broke down before the season even started.

And McNabb also broke down the season before last. Gotta watch his load, too.

I see you've created a scenario where any injuries Portis receives are due to the fact that he isn't durable enough to last an entire NFL season. Hey, if that makes you feel better. Portis is like titanium compared to your team's RBs.

Eagles better at WR than at any time in their previous 3 NFC Championship campaigns...

but questionable at RB (probably worse without Duce)....

and worse on defense (Kearse...is not the answer)..than at any time over the last few years.

Added one part....sacraficed others. Not exactly ready to crown them champs.

They might have been a TO away from the championship 3 years ago....but they need much more than that now.

Don't fear the Eagles.

I too am more concerned with the Cowboys than I am with the Eagles. Donovan is not a passer!!!! He is a threat with his feet. I do think that with our o-line, and they right kind of coaching, we will be able to run on anybody. I don't think that the Eagles D-line will be able to handle the man on man blocking that does require more strength, than speed to beat. They will begin to tire early, and Portis could have a lot of big second halfs.

The Eagles D line, while not being the biggest in the League is probably the best coached, most disciplined and one of the deepest in the league. It is honestly the one part of their team that I am seriously envious about. I wish that our team had the dedication and commitment to the D line that Philly does. :doh:

Originally posted by Blazers21

One other thing is also certain, Tex. "St. Joe" won't be facing the likes of Marion Campbell, Buddy Ryan or Rich Kotite either. The Eagles are a well coached, balanced, experienced team - unlike all the other Eagles teams Gibbs and Parcells faced.

This should make for some exciting football. :)

The McNabb to TO combo will create havoc. And I don't know who's idea it was to grab Jevon Kearse but that deft move deserves some recognition. It will indeed make for some exciting football. I'm jacked sky high and its only March!!!

Originally posted by McNabbOwnsFedEx

Take a look at the 2002 Bucs defense, a lot smaller than this years upcoming Eagles D. They did okay. It's not long the birds are done either. We still have the draft where we'll add a linebacker and CB probably and we can still pick up some more players in FA.

Portis can't handle 20 a game over a full season.

why the hell did we get him for then!!!:eaglesuck

Archived