Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With TO an Eagle, who will have the better offense in the '04-'05 campaign?

MikeB

You assume of course, that Brunell will start...as I do, since he won't likely lose the job til midseason.

Up until the midpoint of the season I see the Eagles with the advantage. Then things will start to even out with Ramsey at the helm for us....and TO's crappy "me" attitude infecting the Eagles' locker room like a plauge.

It was going to be tough for the Eagles to do anything this year without Owens....and while he definitely makes them a playoff team now....he is not the guy that can put them over the top. He can't make up for all their losses on defense, nor their suspect running game...and that frustration will cause him to explode at some point.

It'll be fun to watch....

All depends if the skins draft KW2. Both offenses (on paper) are elite in the NFC. KW2 would put the skins over the top.

Right now:

QB - McNabb vs Brunell - Advtage Eagles

1st WR - Coles vs Owens - Slight advantage Eagles

2nd WR - Pinkston vs Gardner - Advantage Redskins

3rd/4th WR's - Slight Advantage Redskins

RB's - Portis vs Westbrook - Advantage Redskins

TE - Rasby vs LJ Smith - Slight advantage Eagles

O-Line - Even

Its hard to say right now in the offseason, but they should both be elite NFC offenses

Originally posted by daigglesfaninva

Let's see we now have the BEST receiver in the league and combine him with one of the better YOUNG qb's. And then we add Westbrook who has Sander's like moves. And we return our offensive line with all starters back. WE DO.

funny that you actually would tout him as the best in the league -- i think that minnesota game where randy moss schooled him on what real playmakers do pretty much unequivocally settled who is the top ranked receiver, and who is only second fiddle

Let's see we now have the BEST receiver in the league and combine him with one of the better YOUNG qb's. And then we add Westbrook who has Sander's like moves. And we return our offensive line with all starters back. WE DO.

westbrook comparable to sander's? LOL

give polly fan a cracker

TO is NOT the best receiver in the league. There are at least three I can think of that are better right now. The Eagles offense wasn't ranked that high even when Westbrook was healthy. TO will obvioulsy make you guys better, but it's not gonna propel you to the elite level. I see a possible top 10 and best.

Between the two teams, it's pretty close. If our O-Line can get back to the form of two years ago, we could have a very scary offense. The addition of Portis is bigger than the addition of TO to the Eagles. I think we have the better offense by a slim margin.

Peter King

Says McNabb isnt that great a QB a typical 50% passer.

And he then pointed out T.O. high number of drops and his alligator arms in 2k3.

He will help the iggles offense but he isnt the saviour.

Then he slammed boston by saying he has to decide if he is a bodybuilder or a football player.

Originally posted by Cleotis da Clown

well if mcnabb can improve his accuracy and TO shows pinkston the value of the weight room...then its definately the eagles.

otherwise its us. :eaglesuck [/quote

That's asking for a lot; to then say definitely the eagles.

As it stands now, McScabbs accuray hasn't improved and Pinkston in a 4th or 5th receiver at best - weight room or not.

Originally posted by johnyquest

All depends if the skins draft KW2. Both offenses (on paper) are elite in the NFC. KW2 would put the skins over the top.

Right now:

O-Line - Even

Its hard to say right now in the offseason, but they should both be elite NFC offenses

QB - McNabb vs Brunell - Advtage Skins

actually brunell is better with a life time qb rating of 85.2 to manabbs 79.3

and brunells life time completion percentage is better 60.3 to mcnabbs 57%.

Yards per atp brunell wins again 7.08 to mcnabbs 6.16

Originally posted by airSkins91

QB - McNabb vs Brunell - Advtage Skins

actually brunell is better with a life time qb rating of 85.2 to manabbs 79.3

and brunells life time completion percentage is better 60.3 to mcnabbs 57%.

Yards per atp brunell wins again 7.08 to mcnabbs 6.16

You have a point, but McNabb is in his prime, and Brunell might be a little over the hill. It will be interesting to see. It isn't a big advantage either way

Originally posted by LaVar 56 Leap

TO is NOT the best receiver in the league. There are at least three I can think of that are better right now. The Eagles offense wasn't ranked that high even when Westbrook was healthy. TO will obvioulsy make you guys better, but it's not gonna propel you to the elite level. I see a possible top 10 and best.

Between the two teams, it's pretty close. If our O-Line can get back to the form of two years ago, we could have a very scary offense. The addition of Portis is bigger than the addition of TO to the Eagles. I think we have the better offense by a slim margin.

What about your Defense? With Kearse, we will be tough. TO is better than ANY receiver you have on your roster, and McNabb is by far better than any QB you have had in years...

Someone explain to me what in the world Jevon Kearse has achieved. Potential WOW

Mcnabb is overrated and a choker (that defense has afforded him alot of mistakes)

Good thing the eagles signed Kearse, I was hoping we wouldn't be the suckers who overpaid.

The first time McNabb rushes for a long TD when Owens thinks he was wide open on the field, the honeymoon will be over. TO will be whining to the media about not being a big enough part of the offense. Not to mention his alligator arms, his drops and the fact that McNabb is not some great accurate pocket passer that is gonna get the ball to Owens every play. Unless of course the NFL changes the rules to make one-hoopers a catchable ball.

:eaglesuck

The NFC EAST just became a little tougher to win. TO will score with me at QB, so you know McNabb will do ok with him there. Just look at his success with James Trash as his #1 guy. We're really going to see what S. Spring is made of. But have confidence that we can run the ball next year which will keep the other offense off da field, something our defense has not had since S. Davis was sent away by the Ole' Ball Coach. A decent pass rush will help our efforts aslo. (I'm so glad Bruce Smith is gone)

And please understand Coach Joe knows what to do with TO.

Wizskinz Forever :dallasuck

Originally posted by johnyquest

Right now:

O-Line - Even

Agree with this post. Both teams should have very strong offenses.

It is actually worthy discussion.

As a passer we certainly have an advantage at QB over McNabb with Brunell. McNabb just isn't that great a passer. If Brunell is our starter he'll almost certainly have more yards, a higher completion percentage, as many or more touchdowns and a better efficiency rating.

McNabb's excellence though goes beyond just dropping back and throwing. He adds the element of running the ball. So, you have to -- obviously -- give the Eagles the advantage at QB because of that wild card element.

Our advantage at running back is tremendous though. Owens has to get the nod at receiver over Coles, if only slightly. Gardner is substantially better than Pinkston over there. I like their tight end. Our offensive line has more talent than their line and has a system that will be more condusive for LOOKING better where last year the system made us look worse.

In all, we have a far better offense because of the Portis advantage being so great and because McNabb as a passer probably won't have the numbers Brunell could conceivably put up.

Defensively it's an interesting look as well. The Eagles have a far better and deeper defensive line. However, we are as far ahead of them at linebacker. We're better at corner right now. They are better, by a LOT at safety. It'll be interesting to see if we make moves to close the advantages they do have up some on that side of the ball or if we'll distance our offense from theres personnel wise with Winslow.

Archived