Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pro-bowl Corner coming?

slinky

Originally posted by pennyizer

Vincent, Taylor, McCalister are some pro bowl FA's.

Wont be McAllister. He was tagged.

Vincent or Taylor are my guesses. Ive seen enough of either one to know that they are good players and good enough to fill a position until we draft another talented DB.

Originally posted by panel

Champ is better than BOTH McAllister and Law.

Such a homer, Champ couldn't even clean Ty Law or Chris McCalisters jock strap for them.

I'm not sure about the Eagle corners though, they are both around 30 and wasn't Vincent injured for half of last season?

Originally posted by panel

Champ is better than BOTH McAllister and Law.

He had an off year last year, and only allowed around 700 yards.

Law allowed over 900 yards.

Champ is NOT on either Law's or McAllister's level. Your kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Ray Lewis steals McAllisters glamour and Brady steals Law's.

Originally posted by DrBoogerLips

Champ is definitely better than McAllister. Nobody is better than Ty Law. Troy Vincent said himself that Champ is the best DB in the league because he has the best overall cover skills.

Booger face - uhhh nope. McAllister isnt scared to tackle/not scared to play bump n run. He hits, makes giant plays, scores tds. Champ got burnt by Toomer 3 yrs in a row, not to mention Meshawn and dumpy Marcus Robinson as well...thats just to name a few to laugh at. Terry Glenn ****ed him at Dallas and Glenn's a 'she'. Champ is soft, maybe fast but soft in terms of boneing up at the line.

I think he is talking about Shawn Springs coming here. He is not going to be as expensive as the other CB's and is still a very good CB.

Remember we can't shell out a ton of money on this CB because we have to take care of Smoot next year.

A Smoot and Springs with Taylor secondary has me excited.

Do some of you actually watch football?

McAlister is more physical than Champ, style-wise. But he has to be because he doesn't have the same movement skills. Same with Law.

But someone has to tell me where all these tackles, giant plays, and TDs are in McAlister's game. His career stats: 14 interceptions for 2 TDs, 224 tackles, and 63 passes defensed. Champ's career stats, in the same number of years: 18 interceptions, 1 TD, 306 tackles, and 62 passes defensed.

Ty Law's career stats in his 1st 5 years (only fair): 20 interceptions for 3 TDs, 314 tackles, and 50 passes defensed.

Do stats tell the whole story? No. Law is more physical than any of them. But he's had way worse years than Champ had in '03, getting torched pretty regularly. McAlister is pretty close to Champ in ability. But he's been surrounded by better players and has had better coaching. That has to count for something.

Calling Champ soft is plain old ignorant. He's never been afraid to stick his helmet in there and make tackles. He kept Marvin Harrison and Terrell Owens in check the last time he played against them. He gets burned occasionally. So did Darrell Green. Michael Irving torched him more than I care to admit. He had fits with Roy Green back in the '80s. I've seen him get beat for TDs by the likes of Charles Johnson and Mike Renfro, whom I could beat in a footrace. It happens. It happens to Law. It happens to McAlister. It happens. That's the nature of the position.

Sorry, but since Champ became available, just about every coach and personnel guy has said they would love to have Champ Bailey. That he's a difference maker and an elite player.

Don't argue with me. Argue with them.

McAlister plays on one of the best defenses in football, can you imagine what Champ would do if he had half the players playing with him that McAlister and even Law have?

Secondly, a Springs/Smoot secondary shouldn't have you excited, it should have you scared. Springs has a bum hamstring and is quite fragile according to league scouts, and as for Smoot, I think he played well this season only because Champ was on the other side of the field -- remember the Carolina game? If Muhammad torched Smooth for 189 yards what do you think Keyshawn will do to him if he goes to the Cowboys? He can't handle a team's #1 receiver, he's not physical or big enough which is why Gibbs is talking about the secondary playing Cover 2 zone this season. Let's hope that means Gibbs want Sean Taylor with the #5 pick!

If our D-Line doesn't see some dramatic improvement and create pressure on opposing QBs then it isn't going to matter if we sign a fromer pro-bowler or a guy like Dwayne Washington (pending release) or just play someone we have like Bauman........ Because they will all get fried and look bad if they've got to cover these receivers in-determinently (not for 10, 15 or 20 seconds) I'm talking try and hang with these recievers 4-EVER.... Like when you played with no rush allowed in the street as a kid 4-EVER!!!! I don't care if we sign a corner or draft Taylor, we need lineman that can create chaos.

Spring is highly inconsistent. The Pro-bowl corner crap is rediculous and still a rumor. We don't need a pro-bowler to have a great defense. Look at the Panthers. Besides there d-line who's a pro-bowl caliber player? What about in their secondary? The powder-blue-recking-crew made sure the QB had zero if anytime to throw the ball, causeing the QB to make mistakes with a group of players aggressive enough to make him pay for it.

We should get Winfeild, 106 tackles last season, and he played for Williams last year in a d that was #1 against the pass and #2 overall. We should also get Vincent, he's better then Bobby Taylor and won't ask for much, to play as the solid #3, and draft Sean Taylor to be the playmaker. 9 ints, that's more then both of our safeties combine in '03.

Rumors are loser, and until proven true, merely rumors.

woosa

--------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

Archived