Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pasta at it again?

Aluadan

Oh, yeah, beyond the potential tampering investigation, there could be one more blockbuster league matter -- one that can't be divulged at this time but which could surface in the next couple weeks -- with which the Washington organization will be forced to deal.

Let's run that thru the "Speculation Meter".

Oh, yeah, beyond the potential tampering investigation, there could be one more blockbuster league matter -- one that can't be divulged at this time but which could surface in the next couple weeks -- with which the Washington organization will be forced to deal.

POP QUIZ TIME

Sounds like speculation to get more web hits, which will lead to ....?

Anyone?

Originally posted by Sunday Money

I like the Staley part....it would be great to see him run over Philly for a couple years....:beerglass

If we want to stick it to Philly we should sign Troy Vincent. I'm calling a bluff on pastabelly this time. Besides Ray Rhodes not blitizing in the Seattle game(i'm being sarcastic) i don't find anything fishy about the Skins except cerrato. I don't trust him worth nothin.

-------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

Let's run that thru the "Speculation Meter".

Doesn't sound like more tampering, so maybe it is league doing that will negatively impact the Skins - such as the recent bit I heard about the league taking a look at redoing the revenue sharing structure. Maybe the Hut thinks the Skins will have to share more of thier revenues - particularly from merchandising & advertising - with some of the owners who are less wise, er . . fortunate as Snyder.

Not only league rules but it "could", ( just going along with Len here :silly: ), also mean that whatever he's alluding to is still in the process of happening. Actually, it "may" not happen he's just letting us know that he's "possibly" onto something big.

tossometer.gif

I'll refrain from my usaual attack against him, but will admit the fact he is more "plugged" into the sityation than me.

Honestly, I'm a little worried that this is some sort of wheeling and dealing Dan Snyder tried that might have backfired......

Hope to hell it isn't, but seems like Snyder would do anything to bring us a winner. That anything just might ruin himself though..

My worry is that there were some indescretions in trying to land free agents...maybe under the table deals and so forth that snyder used to evade the salary cap. Thats the only situation I can think of that would cause the skins to be punished and be that big of a deal. I just hope he is full of crap.

Personally, I think Pasquarelli is blowing smoke. It's possible Snyder had a deal in place with Gibbs while Spurrier was still coaching, meaning during the season. Not sure if that is against rules or not.

Whatever it is, Pasquarelli will make it a bigger deal than it really is.

Hail,

Harry

:cheers:

I seem to remember that last year when Lavarneous (sp?) Coles was signed / given an offer sheet, Washington technically was not under the cap enough to take him. Am I right in saying that Jimmy Sexton allowed Trotter's contract to be restructured to get under the cap enough? It was a long drawn out affair of has he or hasn't he got an offer sheet initially

Given Jimmy Sexton now seems intent on spilling the beans due to the poor shabby treatment they're giving Patrick Ramsey, has he told Lenny some titbit of information that might be used against Synder?

I think I'm dragging up the past really but thought I'd share my thought all the same

This coward needs to provide his e-mail address like all the other internet columnists do. Pasquarelli can't just have free reign to rip a team with the largest fan base in the NFL, and not hear how we feel about it.

I'm so sick and tired of these negative articles about the Skins. I though that with the re-hiring of Gibbs, the media's focus would shift almost completely to him as opposed to Snyder. This can't keep going on.

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

”Oh, yeah, beyond the potential tampering investigation, there could be one more blockbuster league matter -- one that can't be divulged at this time but which could surface in the next couple weeks -- with which the Washington organization will be forced to deal.”

If this matter were beneficial for the Skins, L.P. would never have foreshadowed it with such glee.

That leaves a detrimental issue that he eludes too. We are as well informed as any fans can be but I am sure there are issues we never get a whiff of. Mr. Snyder has not made many friends with other NFL owners. I never saw discussed much when it happened but he was portrayed badly at the last Super bowl location vote. He walked out on the owners when Arizona was awarded the game. The Jets off-season raid did not curry favor among other owners either, though it was well within the rules. . There is no smoking gun on the Gibbs hiring besides the last thing the NFL wants to do is fuel the Jesse Jackson and Johnnie Cochran race issue. A league matter reference in the quote leads me to think the issue might be contract related. Mr. Snyder is as creative in the contract details as any owner in the NFL. He also has been questioned on his financing of the team’s debt in the past. Remember this though it’s never as bad as the rumors would have us belive.

Revenue sharing doesn't usually work that way, using the money you make off of advertising etc. It usually makes you share league generated income like Redskin's Radio or Television income since part of the broadcast includes another NFL team. They can't make Snyder share hotdog money and things that derive from his creative genius unless it partially includes the NFL and licensing rights. The league needs a new salary cap system that includes a luxury tax and collective bargaining to share revenues with the smaller market teams. No team should be forced to disband because they are over a certain payroll amount. I do think there should be a cap, but only with a luxury tax for violators like the NBA's system. Look at the 'Skins, we are the second highest revenue generating professional sports team and we can only spend $80 million for payroll. That's stupid. It only benefits teams like the Eagles that make a ton of money off the fans but are only interested in paying players close to the minimum.

I just love how the media congratulates the Yankees and Rangers for throwing money around on every player that becomes available, but when Snyder does it somehow there is an 'evil' intent behind it :laugh:

And in case anyone is pointing to the Yankees successful record since 1996, that is true, however the Rangers have been awful in recent seasons and have won ONE Stanley Cup since WWII.

Archived