Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where is does hasselbeck fit into all this

HittinSkinz

Originally posted by Chrisbob74

He's going to have a fight just to remain on the roster, he's 3rd string at best but he will have to battle Hamden for that spot.

and any QB that Gibbs drafts, remember he loves to have young qb's chilling on the bench

Much as I like the kid's moxie, I have a hard time seeing him as a Gibbs QB.

With his relative lack of arm strength, I see him as much better suited to run a WCO. The deep outs and crossing patterns featured in a Gibbs' offense are going to come hard for this guy.

Couple that with the fact it's Gibran headed to Europe at this point, and not him ... and I'm thinking the writing may be on the wall.

I think his play last season under very difficult circumstances probably did earn him a look from other teams, though. He'll land on his feet. I just kinda doubt the Skins will be able to get much for him, because my guess is other clubs will see the writing on the wall too, and figure he'll be a FA at some point during August.

The only way I DO see us getting something for him is if for some reason word gets out somebody wants him, and more than one team is interested.

Still, hard to see the trade comp being anything more that a low-round, contingent pick.

Originally posted by Om

Much as I like the kid's moxie, I have a hard time seeing him as a Gibbs QB.

With his relative lack of arm strength, I see him as much better suited to run a WCO. The deep outs and crossing patterns featured in a Gibbs' offense are going to come hard for this guy.

Couple that with the fact it's Gibran headed to Europe at this point, and not him ... and I'm thinking the writing may be on the wall.

I think his play last season under very difficult circumstances probably did earn him a look from other teams, though. He'll land on his feet. I just kinda doubt the Skins will be able to get much for him, because my guess is other clubs will see the writing on the wall too, and figure he'll be a FA at some point during August.

The only way I DO see us getting something for him is if for some reason word gets out somebody wants him, and more than one team is interested.

Still, hard to see the trade comp being anything more that a low-round, contingent pick.

I like him too, but I remember, especially in the last 3 or 4 games, some accuracy problems. too high, too low.

Tim's just not a Gibbs-type QB, but he'll catch on somewhere after his play last year. Maybe Reid will want him back in Philly.

I'm not so sure that Hamdan will be here. Gibbs is probably sending him to the NFLE to evaluate him as much as get him experience.

Gibbs: "Let me have the film on this Hamdan kid."

Film room guy: "Uhhh..."

Archived