Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your favorite team

Bazooka Tooth

Originally posted by clubisyohankovic

"Our best team was the team that lost to the Raiders in 83 IMO."

I agree -- I voted for other. That was such a solid team.

If 1983 Redskins would have won Super Bowl XVIII the would be talking about them as being one of the NFL's Greatest Teams.

I heard rumors that Theisman and Riggins got drunk the night before, I do remember they said that Riggins had "flu like" symptoms during the pre-game warm ups and was the only Redskin to have on a jacket.

Makes you wonder.....

The '82 team is my favorite. They may not have been the best, but I knew from game one that they were going to win the SB that year. And I mean *knew*. There was not a doubt in my mind.

The 83 team was great. Darrell Green's first year. The only problem in the SB was that they believed they would win easily. The Raiders had other ideas.

I voted for the 1991 team because I was 15 at the time and remember each game very vividly. However, I REALLY enjoyed the 87 team and the way they had to scrap and claw their way to Ws week in and week out. It was a lot less of a "given" which, in a way, made it much more exciting to go through the season as a fan.

During the 1991 season, it was almost a relief to win it all since we should have. I didn't have that same feeling in 1987. It was almost as if we were a team of destiny that year. We needed the Vikes to upset SF in the divisional round just to get the Championship Game at home. Then we had to comeback to win the SB. I guess I want to change my vote....

I went with the 1982 SuperBowl team as my FAVORITE. It was the end of a cold, dark night (I never thought we'd have a worse one, but we did!) that began in December 1979 -- you now what I'm talking about. It was also one of the best SuperBowls I've ever seen.

'91 was the best team Washinton ever fielded and arguably the best ever.

Originally posted by atloldskin

Our best team was the team that lost to the Raiders in 83 IMO.

I still can't understand how the best team in the histyory of the NFL was able to lose the Superbowl to those idiot Raiders.

then NFL Record for points, Current NFL record +43 turnover margin.

two regular season losses each by 1 point.

My vote for the best redkin team ever is the 1983 14-2 squad.

The 1982 Team is really special to me. I was 7, just starting to watch football, and my mom bought me a little Riggins Jersey (more like a shirt). I remember watching the playoffs with my dad, Riggo running over people, and the glory of that Superbowl. It was that year that my love affair with the Skins began. It is indeed special.

Gotta go with the 82 team. At that point, I was around 30 and hoping the Skins would win one in my lifetime. The first one is the best, especially when you've been waiting so long. When I see Redskin highlights, Riggins' run still makes me smile and reflect back on how eleated I was. It's hard to recapture moments like that.

I just think 83 was a special team. The horrible ending in the SB still bugs me to this day...because I think the 83 team was one of the greatest of all time. The Raiders just had everything go their way in the 1st half and were too good for the Skins to overcome in the 2nd.

Joe Theismann, John Riggins, Joe Washington were just so fun to watch.

Plus going to back to back Superbowls was just a special feeling, even if it ended so orribly.

Super Bowl 22 may have been the sweetest. When my dad left for chuch in the first qtr the Broncos were up 10-0 and my dad was poking fun at me saying "see they didn't deserve to be there." He's a Bears fan and of course the Bears were pretty good back then also. Then he came home from church early in the 3rd qtr and with a big smile on his face he asked what the score was then and I said 35-10. He said "Broncos have pretty much clinched it huh?" I said "No. The Skins scored 35 points in the second qtr." he stood there stunned. Ahh sweet redemption. :D

Archived