Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your favorite team

Bazooka Tooth

I am sure this has been posted before, but I thought it would be a good one to relive. So the question is: Who is your favorite skins team of all time? I just used the 3 superbowl winning teams, but put another option in there, because after being a member of this site for a little while I have come to notice that we tend to disagree about things.:laugh: :cheers:

Originally posted by frankbones

I went with 1987.

Just because that 2nd Quarter in Super Bowl XXII was executed to perfection. I doubt we will ever see football played that well on that high a stage ever again.

Frank, I agree with you on the 87 team. That quarter was great. 35 points is unheard of. I think that is a record that might not ever break.

The first was the best. I still get goose bumps every time I see that 4th and 1 from the 43 and Riggo takes it all the way.:thumbsup:

http://www.superbowl.com/history/mvps/game/sbxvii

Down 17-13 in the fourth quarter of Super Bowl XVII and needing a big play, the Redskins turned once again to running back John Riggins, who had been making big plays for them all season. Washington faced a fourth-and-1 from the Miami 43. After taking a handoff, Riggins broke through the line and rumbled all the way for a touchdown to give Washington its first lead of the game. The Redskins went on to win 27-17.

The 43-yard run by Riggins, the game's Most Valuable Player, was immortalized in one of NFL Films's most memorable images. Coming straight toward the camera, the rugged running back fills the screen for several seconds as he chugs to a place in Super Bowl history. While helping Washington win its first NFL title since 1942, Riggins set a Super Bowl record with 166 yards on 38 carries.

The Super Bowl marked the end to one of the finest postseason rushing performances in NFL history. Riggins had rushed for more than 100 yards in each of the Redskins' four postseason victories.

17-riggins.jpg

Originally posted by frankbones

I went with 1987.

Just because that 2nd Quarter in Super Bowl XXII was executed to perfection. I doubt we will ever see football played that well on that high a stage ever again.

Originally posted by BleedBurgundy&Gold

Frank, I agree with you on the 87 team. That quarter was great. 35 points is unheard of. I think that is a record that might not ever break.

BINGO!

:cheers:

My favorite is the 87 team because it is the first team I can remember. I remember the playoff game against the Bears and the great comeback in the Super Bowl. They may not have been the best skins team, but they were the guys who got me hooked so I figure I owe them some sort of loyalty

91 was my fav. Hard to make a decision, but I knew more about football at that age and knew the players much better.

82 I was still very young and 87 kind of surprised me. I watched all the games in 87 but still have a scant memory of that year.....

82 was great because oh yeah. Won the big game. 83 up until the loss in that, shudder,shiver, big game whose memory I'm trying to erase, blew away all the * beside the team due to the stike the year before.

87 because of what others have said, ( just gotta love Doug Williams coming of the grass on that one).

However, that team from 91. That something to see. Magic man. Simply Magic. :)

:cheers:

My favorite is the '97 game.

After coming back from 10 down to Elway and the Bronc's in the first quarter.

Then scoring 35 in the second quarter and going on to win. To me nothing compares to such a great victory.

My only regret is the punk Smith who set a SB record by running for 204 yds. Noone remembers him, nor does anyone want to remember him. He was classless after his remarkable achievement and thought he was GODs gift to the football world.

Truly a one hit wonder that will score big in sports trivia:rotflmao:

I lived in NOVA at the time and it was comical to see a drunken

Riggins and Smith in the same room/bar. Each declaring to be the best in Redskin lore. I know I'm going to take some heat about the Riggins comment, but it's true. Smith I have no use for whatsoever............

Mine has got to be the 1987 Team. :cheers:

That team was such scrapy team and was true testimony to how great of a coach Joe Gibbs was, he was able to win the Super Bowl with all the problems the team had that season, QB Controversy, NFL Players Strike and being down by double digits in 2 playoff games! :wavetowel

Has anyone noticed that the Skins are the only team to win a championship in the NFL of any kind during a strike year? The 83 and 87 team?

I have to go with the 87 team first, 92 team second. I was 4 months old when Doug Williams pulled off the best quarter in NFL history. My man Ricky Sanders also caught a touchdown that game. I have that game on tape. It will ALWAYS be my favorite Super Bowl.

Archived