Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New faces

Bazooka Tooth

I am not trying to be a hater, but I have to make an observation. There are so many new members on this site ever since Gibbs came back. Not saying that I am an old timer on extremeskins. I know we are all really happy, and it is great to be a skins fan, but I was just wondering where all of these people were when we were going through so many $hitty times? It is awesome to see the new found excitment in DC for our beloved skins. The bandwagon has already started up, and we are still 8 months away from opening day. Hail Gibbs!:pint: :40oz: :cheers:

well....im one of those new "faces"....but ive been a registered member since last fall but never posted....ive read lots of posts, but never posted. ive mostly been over at hailredskins.com....trust me, im not one of those bandwagon fans who wants to jump back on since gibbs.....once a skins fan, always a skins fan.....thats how i see it.

well, we suffered through two tough years of Gator Backers here trying to tell us how Spurrier had a mystical formual for winning games in the NFL.

that no doubt turned off some people that have been watching the NFL as closely for the past 10-20 years as the Gator Backers were watching UF.

there are some pretty smart people in the NFL as front office people and head coaches.

it takes something to stump them and gain a real advantage.

Walsh did that with the WCO.

Gibbs did that with the one back, two-TE formation and counter tre.

Allen did that with the nickel defense.

Those are the exceptions from HOF caliber minds who studied how to beat NFL offenses and defenses for years.

Spurrier never even took long enough to learn the names of his fellow coaches in the NFC East when he took this job.

He knew nothing of what their tendencies were or of how he had to adapt to combat them.

He was running blind.

Nice to have our eyes open again.

Gee, I didn't know you had to be on this website to be a Redskins fan...I have watched every second of every game for as long as I can remember without being a member here...That being said...

I actually found this site when it was mentioned in the Washington Post forums mid-season. It sure was great to be here for all the recent excitement! You guys are great!

I second that "arkowi" I have also been a die hard Redskins fan all my life - not jumping on any bandwagon. Just feel thankful that there are many others that want to take part in what D.C has. And some of " us " are a little behind times (computers, I mean).

Even if people were just coming here because of the Gibbs hiring, I don't know that it's a bad thing. Maybe we will cultivate a whole new wave of Skins fans. Hell, we weren't born bleeding burgundy and gold... OK maybe some were heh.

Originally posted by RAC

Even if people were just coming here because of the Gibbs hiring, I don't know that it's a bad thing. Maybe we will cultivate a whole new wave of Skins fans. Hell, we weren't born bleeding burgundy and gold... OK maybe some were heh.

haha, if i was not born bleeding burgundy and gold, the doctor must have given me a transfusion. It's a great thing to be a Skins fan!

Hi!!! I'm a new poster here. I did cheer for the Cowboys but when I heard Gibbs was coming back to coach the Skins I pooped myself and switched sides to the Redskins imediately. Bill Fatcells has no chance next year. Gibbs&Zampese are going to tear the Cowgirls a new A-hole. I will be a redskins fan as long as they win. If they don't win I will change teams to a team that has the best chance of making it to the Super Bowl. Thank You..

Go Cow...oops Go Redskins!! :laugh:

Originally posted by Joe Jackson Punani

Hi!!! I'm a new poster here. I did cheer for the Cowboys but when I heard Gibbs was coming back to coach the Skins I pooped myself and switched sides to the Redskins imediately. Bill Fatcells has no chance next year. Gibbs&Zampese are going to tear the Cowgirls a new A-hole. I will be a redskins fan as long as they win. If they don't win I will change teams to a team that has the best chance of making it to the Super Bowl. Thank You..

Go Cow...oops Go Redskins!! :laugh:

:rotflmao:

Originally posted by bareskin

I second that "arkowi" I have also been a die hard Redskins fan all my life - not jumping on any bandwagon. Just feel thankful that there are many others that want to take part in what D.C has. And some of " us " are a little behind times (computers, I mean).

Don't worry we are here to help :D

Let's not confuse as mass infusion of new members here as bandwagon jumping.

The biggest Redskins news in 12 years just hit everybody... and there's a level of excitement among the fans that may be unprecedented.

It doesn't mean they weren't Redskins fans all along. It means they just found ExtremeSkins.com.

The ExtremeSkins family continues to get bigger. But no matter how large... we'd never forget the long-time diehard members who suffered through it all during the worst of times. We've spent a good deal of time together.

I've made some great friends. And hopefully we'll all make some more.

For those who came from the Washington Post boards... I've got a serious question.

Why would you post there?

I'm not bashing the "community" itself... but that software is absolutely horrible. I cringe when I see it. And I can't believe the traffic they have over there.

So what's the deal over there?

Originally posted by Die Hard

For those who came from the Washington Post boards... I've got a serious question.

Why would you post there?

I'm not bashing the "community" itself... but that software is absolutely horrible. I cringe when I see it. And I can't believe the traffic they have over there.

So what's the deal over there?

I honestly don't think people who post there know about other Skins message boards.

Originally posted by Joe Jackson Punani

I honestly don't think people who post there know about other Skins message boards.

Then you guys - as Redskins fans - have an obligation to tell them.

And I'm not saying that to generate additional traffic here. There's a few other good Redskins forums to reside.

But I truly feel sorry for them. Though part of me thinks they deserve it for not looking hard enough.

Archived