Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Rookie camp/OTA/Training camp thread.

From a practicality standpoint I can't help but think the basketball ranks right up there with praying to jobu for help hitting a curveball but hey if it works for jayden it works for me.

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, redskinss said:

From a practicality standpoint I can't help but think the basketball ranks right up there with praying to jobu for help hitting a curveball but hey if it works for jayden it works for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Almost Kafkaesque in some ways.

Was he a man that dreamed he was a thoroughbred or a thoroughbred that dreamed he was once a man?

Some of us will be betting on our thoroughbred...

image.gif.d58be3e8ba3e217c1e47b9ff7127f96d.gif

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Wow, Jonathan Allen looks great. With the weight loss and hair cut, he looks like a different person. 

I'm telling ya....this team is going to look VASTLY different than last year.   Complete night and day difference here.  

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I could see us running more 3-4 ish fronts with Allen being more of a DE type. Also as guys get older they tend to try to drop off weight to maintain speed.

Agree. Especially with Newton on board now and the LB position being our strength on defense. 

18 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Why do twitter links not work on Firefox for me?

+1 - I right click the link and open in the new tab as a work around.  I presume its my ad blocker even though its disabled...

19 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

I'm telling ya....this team is going to look VASTLY different than last year.   Complete night and day difference here.  

The 2016 rams were a hapless team led by a rivera clone in jeff fisher and finished 4-12 (sound familiar)

The very next year after radical changes to its roster and coaching staff they went 11-5 and won the division. 

The Texans in 2022 were 3-13 and after radical changes to its roster and coaching staff went 10-7 and won the division in 2023

It's not common but it's not impossible either.

Sure it'll be a couple more years before we even have a chance to say our roster is as good as the cowboys or eagles but that doesn't mean they don't have question marks.

The eagles had an almost historic collapse last year and it's impossible to say with certainty they'll rebound from that, could go either way especially considering they have new coordinators on both sides of the ball.

The cowboys have a lame duck head coach and everybody scratching their heads as to how they can say their all in and let so many key players walk while doing almost nothing to replace them, they have a new defensive staff which leads to questions and they ended last year with an epic ass kicking that can be really hard to wash off.

The giants, well we've all been watching hard knocks, their leadership feels a little overrated, they lost barkley and their defensive coordinator in a tumultuous fashion and have a quarterback coming back from a major injury who they desperately tried to replace this year so although they have a chance to rebound as well they too have question marks.

This division is more open than it looks based off of records over the last 5 years and roster makeup.

I'm not saying we're gonna win the division, we absolutely could struggle until we get a few key pieces filled and this team gets a few years in this system under its belts but let's not pretend like we're in a division with perennial powerhouses like the 9ers the chiefs and ravens.

I know I'm gonna get flamed for being a Homer but I'm not suggesting it's likely I just don't see it as an impossibility. 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Agree. Especially with Newton on board now and the LB position being our strength on defense. 

Our previous LB core was so bad,  I was questioning if we even had LB's playing at all.    What a transformation this year.....truly worst to first in this one area alone.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

The 2016 rams were a hapless team led by a rivera clone in jeff fisher and finished 4-12 (sound familiar)

The very next year after radical changes to its roster and coaching staff they went 11-5 and won the division. 

The Texans in 2022 were 3-13 and after radical changes to its roster and coaching staff went 10-7 and won the division in 2023

It's not common but it's not impossible either.

Sure it'll be a couple more years before we even have a chance to say our roster is as good as the cowboys or eagles but that doesn't mean they don't have question marks.

The eagles had an almost historic collapse last year and it's impossible to say with certainty they'll rebound from that, could go either way especially considering they have new coordinators on both sides of the ball.

The cowboys have a lame duck head coach and everybody scratching their heads as to how they can say their all in and let so many key players walk while doing almost nothing to replace them, they have a new defensive staff which leads to questions and they ended last year with an epic ass kicking that can be really hard to wash off.

The giants, well we've all been watching hard knocks, their leadership feels a little overrated, they lost barkley and their defensive coordinator in a tumultuous fashion and have a quarterback coming back from a major injury who they desperately tried to replace this year so although they have a chance to rebound as well they too have question marks.

This division is more open than it looks based off of records over the last 5 years and roster makeup.

I'm not saying we're gonna win the division, we absolutely could struggle until we get a few key pieces filled and this team gets a few years in this system under its belts but let's not pretend like we're in a division with perennial powerhouses like the 9ers the chiefs and ravens.

I know I'm gonna get flamed for being a Homer but I'm not suggesting it's likely I just don't see it as an impossibility. 

Anything is possible and we have the pieces to make it possible. I'm just not going to expect it. But worst to first happens all the time in the NFL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Johnny Newton passing his physical and cleared for contact was the best news out of camp so far for me. I wasn't expecting that.  

Me neither.

Could have sworn I heard the plan was to slow him down cuz he was flying thru rehab.

Now I see him out there hitting pads.

The only reason we got him was due to his injuries. If he is this far ahead of pace... he is an even bigger steal.

• Like 5