Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Draft- Your expectations for 2024

On 5/4/2024 at 4:34 PM, FootballZombie said:

Not w/ everybody

I like Mariota. I'm pullting for the guy, even if he is only gonna be here for a year.

Its been a long time since he was solid in '15 and good in '16. 

14 hours ago, mudhog said:

I expect a 10-7 record which either outright wins the NFC east, or gets us the wild-card game.

We have the inside scoop on every NFC team (at least for this year) with our new coaching hires. DQ and Witt know Dak Prescott's weaknesses inside and out. Brian Johnson knows Jalen Hurts' offense and players, and Bobby Johnson knows the Giants weaknesses. Sure, schemes will change every year, but we'll never have a bigger advantage than we do NOW.

Nobody knows us. Hell, we don't even know us, lol. That in it's self is a big advantage. I expect a similar year to 2012 where we start out slow before the bye, but finish strong thru the end of the season. 

We now have coaches who are competent. We can produce players, rather than letting them rot. Weather we sign another OT or WR before the season (which I feel we will do one or both), or go with the players on the current roster, we still have upside in many on this roster. Hell, there's 5-6 O-linemen on the roster that have not been released that could be answers for back-up/rotation, or even a starter at T or G. 

We have Larry 'The Weasel' Izzo as our ST coach. One of the best in the business. With the new rule changes on kickoffs, I expect Izzo's impact to be 3+ to 6+ points per game average, which will give us the edge in the close games we usually lose as a rule. When was the last time we blocked a punt, FG or extra point? I can't even remember. I'm sure it was pre-Danny Smith.

I expect the offense to be average or better before the bye, and to finish just outside the top 10. Having competent OC who mixes up the run and pass, along with a dual-threat QB will open up so many more key match-ups because teams will have to use a fast player to spy our QB and play contain on him. At the very least, play-action will be believable.

I expect to start and finish the season with a top 10 D. 

And finally, I expect to win at least one post season game for the first time in forever.

It will be fun to come back to this post after the season and see how close it was, or how much of a homer I was, lol. But for once in 3 decades, I have hope.

Wow. You should run to Vegas and bet the higher total options on win totals if you believe that. Betters are taking the over on 6.5, you could get a HUGE pay out on an O/U of 8 or 9 compared to the current odds on 6.5 (I think -115 to -130). I would bet you could get +300 or +350 at least on over 9.5, maybe +400 to +450.

I have us at 5.5 but I'm in a minority, and I think Vegas was probably smart to put it at 6.5 as my expectation is 5-6 wins. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

He aint here to ball out. This season is not about him.

Providing in the more important side of his role is what I care about, and was the #1 thing I was looking for in a Vet QB.

He checks all those boxes, plus some extra ones by being a dual threat QB who is mentoring another dual threat QB, rather than a statue leading the task about things he knows very little about. Hes a good fit and might be able to accelerate the learning process.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

Wow. You should run to Vegas and bet the higher total options on win totals if you believe that. Betters are taking the over on 6.5, you could get a HUGE pay out on an O/U of 8 or 9 compared to the current odds on 6.5 (I think -115 to -130). I would bet you could get +300 or +350 at least on over 9.5, maybe +400 to +450.

I have us at 5.5 but I'm in a minority, and I think Vegas was probably smart to put it at 6.5 as my expectation is 5-6 wins. 

It's funny that you said this about the over/under Vegas odds. I was just thinking last night that I would throw a few bucks down on the over, but at 6.5 wins and nothing more. I don't want to jynx anything, or press my luck on betting a feeling versus Vegas wisdom. No reason to make the line any harder than 6.5

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 5:18 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Best case would be 3-3 in the division and splitting with everyone. Don’t see us sweeping anyone or getting swept.

Also depends when our divisional games are. If they are grouped early on the schedule, that wouldn’t be good. You want them spread out.

Yeah that's the same feeling I get and probably most of us. 

I expect us to be at least .500 this year,  possibly even 10 wins or greater.  JD has a natural feel for the game,  and we have FA's that have played with DQ previously and know what to expect from him.   Our defense will keep us in games early on, and our offense will pick up in the later part of the year.  

• Like 1