Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

I think we’re still in a decent spot with OT. Not great, but not panic mode yet. We’ve missed out on several high upside players in that mid/late first round range. However many were also vastly inexperienced/raw. Would have been great to snag one, but many came with some element of risk. 

There are a few very solid tackles left. Many as you’d class them, lower ceilings, higher floor/safe prospects. We’ll get a solid OT. Maybe a couple of solid OL. 2025 might have to be the year to draft that stud.

Also, in terms of day 2, with picks at #36 and #40 it is more then feasible that we’ll have several first round grade players left on our board. Edit - or say top 30 grades. Just take 2 of them. Go BPA at the top of the second round. 

Then reassess need more. Move up from the third if we still need an OT.

Like you Paul is my guy left.  As RT, I am big on Blake Fisher, Caden Wallace. Fisher i think has the length to play LT.  Kingsley has tools.  Coleman has freakish traits.  I am higher on Foster than most.

These isn't my favs in that specific order but that's the order of best blockers according to PFf in pure true pass sets.  And the other list is best athletes based on RAS.

Screen Shot 2024-04-26 at 6.57.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-26 at 6.57.17 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Dark Acre said:

In 2000, the Jets drafted Shaun Ellis and John Abraham back to back (12, 13).  Those were not misses.  Chad Pennington and TE Anthony Becht, yeah.  Right after Pennington went Shaun Alexander.  Ouch.  Keith Bullock went 3 picks after Becht.  That was the year we took Arrington and Samuels.  Two teams had 6 of the 31 picks (didn't somebody forfeit?).

Okay, I must be thinking of someone else.  Some team that had 3+ in the first and completely crapped the bed.  Definitely someone other than our WR-TE-WR 2nd round in 2008.

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yes. I saw them all. I don't care what he said about the others, though. They aren't our QB. 

My point is most of these guys go out of their way to pump up the picks.  Belichick went out of his way to show some of the flaws of EVERY pick.  True to form for Belichick which I thought was cool. 

I've watched all of Daniels throws multiples times.  Missing wide open receivers isn't a problem with him.  He has other issues IMO.  But missing wide open guys is a hallmark issue of Maye not Daniels.  And I like Maye.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My point is most of these guys go out of their way to pump up the picks.  Belichick went out of his way to show some of the flaws of EVERY pick.  True to form for Belichick which I thought was cool. 

I've watched all of Daniels throws multiples times.  Missing wide open receivers isn't a problem with him.  He has other issues IMO.  But missing wide open guys is a hallmark issue of Maye not Daniels.  And I like Maye.

I disagree. They both do it. Maye more than Daniels, though. I DO agree there. Maye's mechanics are far worse. 

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Paul is my guy left.  As RT, I am big on Blake Fisher, Caden Wallace. Fisher i think has the length to play LT.  Kingsley has tools.  Coleman has freakish traits.  I am higher on Foster than most.

Agreed. #36 and #40 feels a bit rich for these though, IMO. Wonder if we trade back, or move up from the third. As much as we need OT those second rounders are very valuable picks right now.

• Like 1

Well the OL and WR's didn't work out like I'd hoped last night. There's a good group of DB's and LB's waiting for us along with some IOL.

My favs today:

DeJean, Rakestraw, McConkey, Koolaid, Colson, Beebe, Suamataia, Braswell, Wilson, Paul, JPJ,  Sinnott, Sanders, Fisher, Nubin, Melton, Rosengarten, Tampa, Wiley, Polk, 

There could be a point late in the 3rd where RB's become a glaring value

25 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

@Skinsinparadise where you looking #36 and #40

I think Paul is going to go earlier than expected. he's a target for me. @Going Commando likes Kingsley.  I love his tools but to me he looked really raw when I watched him.  He rewatched him and was more encouraged to the extent that he liked him, I'll do the same this morning.  The other thing that worries me some about Kingsley is I read he transferred schools because he was homesick so is this dude Josh Doctson on that front -- recall hearing the same about him when he didn't love being in DC away from home.

I rewatched Adonai Mitchell last night, like him more than I did previously but don't love him.   I watched him again because I know draftnik types are higher on him than me.  So i wanted to see if I am missing something.  I love how he uses his hands to seperate in breaking routes, out breaking routes, he sells them well.  And the dude can run.  So i do think his skill set suits Daniels well.  Not that he's my top desire at WR but I can get it a bit now if that's what they do.

If they didn't have LBs, Colson would be in play with me.  

Kool-Aid if his medicals check out, might be the most intriguing for me.  Him and McConkey and then Paul.

I like Rosegarten but not as high on him than most.  If they take him here, I'd get it.

If I recall you like Coleman.  He has some intrigue for me.  Different player than Mitchell but for me what they have in common is their best is really good but they are so inconsistent that they are tough reads for me. 

So many pass rushers are bunched up for me that I don't feel rushed to take one now.  Kneeland is probaby the biggest size-freak type that I can see go earlier than the others left

• Thanks 1

DB and WR look BPA options by far to me. But we’ve looked at so many day 2 OTs and DE/Edge. Intriguing.

If they do love Paul then you’d imagine we have to pull the trigger. 

Sounds like the Bills are generally getting hounded already for pick #33

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Agreed. #36 and #40 feels a bit rich for these though, IMO. Wonder if we trade back, or move up from the third. As much as we need OT those second rounders are very valuable picks right now.

Trading back is OK.  Even though I am not a need based drafter -- i feel a ltitle different about tackle because of the lousy job Ron did at that spot.  I want a LT or worst case a RT.

I don't know if they see things of course like the average person among the draft media but if they do, they'd see LT options diminishing -- Pal, Kingsley, Kiran

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think Paul is going to go earlier than expected. he's a target for me. @Going Commando likes Kingsley.  I love his tools but to me he looked really raw when I watched him.  He rewatched him and was more encouraged to the extent that he liked him, I'll do the same this morning.  The other thing that worries me some about Kingsley is I read he transferred schools because he was homesick so is this dude Josh Doctson on that front -- recall hearing the same about him when he didn't love being in DC away from home.

I rewatched Adonai Mitchell last night, like him more than I did previously but don't love him.   I watched him again because I know draftnik types are higher on him than me.  So i wanted to see if I am missing something.  I love how he uses his hands to seperate in breaking routes, out breaking routes, he sells them well.  And the dude can run.  So i do think his skill set suits Daniels well.  Not that he's my top desire at WR but I can get it a bit now if that's what they do.

If they didn't have LBs, Colson would be in play with me.  

Kool-Aid if his medicals check out, might be the most intriguing for me.  Him and McConkey and then Paul.

I like Rosegarten but not as high on him than most.  If they take him here, I'd get it.

If I recall you like Coleman.  He has some intrigue for me.  Different player than Mitchell but for me what they have in common is their best is really good but they are so inconsistent that they are tough reads for me. 

So many pass rushers are bunched up for me that I don't feel rushed to take one now.  Kneeland is probaby the biggest size-freak type that I can see go earlier than the others left

In terms of BPA, I think it goes Ladd, DeJean, Kool-Aid, and Kingsley.  I want to trade down from one of the 2nds to pick up an additional 4th of if we go way down, a 3rd.  

If teams want LB1, we'll be able to trade down I think.

Apparently Jerry spilled the beans on what the Cowboys want to do for their R2 pick.  He said Brooks was one of the most impressive interviews he has ever conducted in the last 30 years.  McClay & Stephen Jones quickly pivoted to another topic LOL.

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

In terms of BPA, I think it goes Ladd, DeJean, Kool-Aid, and Kingsley.  I want to trade down from one of the 2nds to pick up an additional 4th of if we go way down, a 3rd.  

I think Ladd/Corley are both high end BPA targets.

I still think Beebe is as well.

Jackson Powers Johnson HAS to be on that list.

DBs I have Dejean, Rakestraw and Kool-Aid.

I don't believe any of the remaining OTs are BPA at our next two selections at the moment. Though we are in a range where I am more comfortable with Patrick Paul vs. the original conversation of trading up for him. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I keep forgetting that Dejean is still there. 

If it were me.

1. McConkey

2. Kool-Aid

3. Dejean

4. Paul

For them though I wouldn't be surprised if Kneeland, Kingsley, A. Mitchell, T. Franklin, Rosengarten, Coleman might be in play, too.  I like Kneeland in that mix, the others am not as high as some others on but I get the idea behind the players. 

Blake Fisher IMO is a high floor RT, wouldn't shock me if went higher than some expecte. . B. Coleman too because of his freakish traits.

If they didn't have the FA signings at LB, I could see Colson as a fit.

I liked Sainristil early in this process but his become so cool that he feels uncool 😎 where its just a bit too much.  But he's a baller even though he's undersized.  Ex-WR who majors in making picks.  Smart player.

Screen Shot 2024-04-26 at 7.25.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-26 at 7.30.28 AM.png

9 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Apparently Jerry spilled the beans on what the Cowboys want to do for their R2 pick.  He said Brooks was one of the most impressive interviews he has ever conducted in the last 30 years.  McClay & Stephen Jones quickly pivoted to another topic LOL.

The RB ?

2 hours ago, fearlessNelms said:

Don't like it. I wasn't crazy about any of our prospects at QB, but Daniels was the guy I wanted least. Aside from durability concerns, he doesn't seem like a leader or a tough guy to me- two very important traits you want your QB to have. I'm sure he'll show some electrifying flashes and highlights that suck you in, but my feeling is that he'll flame out sooner than later- whether it be because of injuries or the NFL game being too much for him.

I heard one of the analysts say last night that Herm Edwards said that Daniels reminds him of Randall Cunningham. Well, Herm Edwards was fired everywhere he coached and Randall Cunningham stunk- so how that was supposed to be some sort of ringing endorsement for Daniels is beyond me. But I digress.

I obviously hope I'm 100% wrong on this and will root like hell for and support Daniels. I just don't have a good feeling about him being our long term franchise QB and that leaves me feeling a little empty about last night.

Wait, what? Randall Cunningham stunk?