Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Commanders to retire Darrell Green's No. 28: 'Means a ton'

@DCGoldPants

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, redskinss said:

I'm assuming they haven't announced what game they're retiring his jersey yet?

I’m guessing there’s a ton of admin work being done behind the scenes to wrangle dozens of other alumni into syncing their availability to be there for this big event. Lots of scheduling work to be done before they can just announce what game it’s going to be, probably 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Conn said:

I’m guessing there’s a ton of admin work being done behind the scenes to wrangle dozens of other alumni into syncing their availability to be there for this big event. Lots of scheduling work to be done before they can just announce what game it’s going to be, probably 

Yeah, it’ll be pretty darn nice to have a celebration worthy of the player, unlike the previous regimes constant **** ups. they’ll do it right, and that pleases me greatly.

Edited by Riggo'sRangers
  • Like 3

I got to see Darrell play. If I remember correctly he extended his retirement by a year and I bought tickets to the Giants game at Fed Ex. I've still got the photos of number 28. We even won, which back then was a bit of a surprise. Awesome day. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Conn said:

Let's hope they changed the locks on Jason Wright's office door.

• Haha 1